Hunting

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 13, 2015.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

New product review is the SPYPOINT link micro cellular camera. This is the entry level cell cam form SPYPOINT. Priced at 150 but caught it on sale for $100. I wanted to see how the service was before going to far into my wallet. 3 weeks in and so far I like it. Only 10 MPs so the picture is the greatest but it’s not bad. Shutter speed is a little slow so you want the animal to be still or it can blur. Night time pictures are great.
    Now the cell package. I’m still on my first month unlimited pics but when that is up it’s 100 pics a month free, 250 pics/month $5 , 1000 pics/month $7 or unlimited for $10. Discounts for paying yearly instead of monthly but I don’t see me keeping it out for more than 3 months a year so won’t consider that. It’s on its own SIM card and the coverage map is pretty good. Pics come straight to my phone via their free app about 2-3 minutes after the pic is taking. All in all good stuff and I’ll probably look to upgrade to one of their better cameras.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Great video - I was getting pumped up waiting for the shot. Sounded like you creamed yourself lmfao

FJF likes this.
  3. FJF

Thanks. Yea the reaction definitely was a bit much lol. It was a good buck though. Big body. Came in around 145lbs dressed out. I was using an illuminock but it didn’t light. Not sure why. Put it in another arrow and worked perfectly so who knows.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Nice deer - if that one doesn't get you fired up you should quit. I like those illuminocks but you have to be careful with them. One morning I went out to my stand and had one light up on me by mistake. All my work to get out there unheard and unseen and now I'm up in the tree before sunrise and it's lit up like a christmas tree. Might have just been a coincidence but I didn't see a single deer that day and I was seeing them pretty much every day that season.

FJF likes this.
  5. FJF

Nys bow opener is tomorrow. Good luck to anyone getting out.

CBG likes this.
  6. FJF

this guy will be getting a lot of my attention. I look forward to not seeing him at all

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Bambi's Revenge
    https://nypost.com/2019/10/25/deer-fatally-attacks-arkansas-hunter-who-went-to-check-on-his-kill/
    An Arkansas hunter who thought he had fatally shot a deer was killed when the very much alive animal turned the tables and gored him in a sudden attack, according to a new report. Thomas Alexander, 66, an experienced hunter, shot the deer in Yellville Tuesday during the state’s muzzleloader season, Keith Stephens, chief of communications with the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, told ABC News.

8. FJF

Man, that’s the scariest part of hunting. It’s always on my mind when I approach a downed animal.

9. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I enjoy a good steak, so I and many others have no problem with hunters that eat what they kill. Trophy and predator hunting is just wasteful and douche imo. But hunters need to do a better job of promoting the fact that they are the main drivers and supporters of overall conservation efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Next time get em with this, don't think you'll have a problem with them getting back up. Only $59,999.97 at Rural King
    [​IMG] .

11. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

12. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Well, next week I venture off into the Alaskan wilderness to go moose hunting. I know most of you guys are on the East coast. Trust me I miss it dearly. It's just something about places like Alaska that just makes me love hunting and fishing.

Next year my goal is for a bear and goat. I might even try to get into the Canadian Yukon for woodland bison depending on Covid.

Come on up, gladly take my fellow Jets fans out for an adventure

Cman68, Dierking and FJF like this.
  13. FJF

Alaska is definitely on my bucket list. I have a couple of more years before I can some the money on myself and not the kids and then it’s Illinois whitetail, Colorado elk and Alaska moose hunts. Good luck. I need lots of pictures posted please

blackssmagic likes this.
  14. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

After all these years I still have no idea how to post pictures

15. FJF

Gotta bump this thread. Had this giant on cameras all season. Hunted him as hard as could for a month . Probably will be the best deer I ever shoot in New York.
    [​IMG]

NotSatoshiNakamoto and Savatage like this.
  16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Trophy!!

FJF likes this.
  17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Backstrap for the winter :cool:

FJF likes this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Moccasins!

FJF likes this.
  19. FJF

Yup. Took a doe the week before, freezer is loaded. Bacon wrapped blackstraps on the menu this weekend

20. FJF

I made some once for my old pitbull because he was sensitive to the salted roads in the winter.