Hue Jackson fired, Jets should hire him for OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by InRevisWeTrust, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Jerricholic89

Jerricholic89 Member

Is Jason Campbell a UFA? is so bring him in with hue as a backup plan.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

None..zero...zilch...if he did I doubt Schitty would have been here from day one..why would he be? No brand new head coach was to be saddled with people that got the last guy fired...it's a recipe for disaster.

3. sg3

sg3 Banned

wow

I thought that the death of Crazy Al would smarten up the Raiders but they are still the dumbest organization in the entire NFL

Jackson did a great job there with the godawful Jason Campbell even before Palmer arrived and should have gotten a long term extension

But the annual coach firing in Oakland is, I guess, a tradition like Thanksgiving Dinner

If I were the Jets I'd fire Schottenheimer, Callahan, Cavanaugh, Ellard and the RB coach tomorrow and hire Jackson as Assistant Head Coach- Offense and let him hire his own staff

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I'd rather we kept our current OC.

we had the ball about 14 mins in the 2nd half

5. sg3

sg3 Banned

has Jackson been hired yet as Assistant HC Offense and Son of Marty and the entire rest of his offensive assistants been fired yet??

Make it happen

TODAY

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Uh what. Rex brought coaches here from Baltimore. He most definitely has some influence its just Tanny that has the final say in hiring.

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/36906/should-jets-pursue-hue-jackson

The Oakland Raiders made another surprising move by firing first-year head coach Hue Jackson following an 8-8 season. Jackson now becomes a coaching free agent with a solid pedigree with quarterbacks and offenses.

Would the New York Jets be interested in Jackson?

New York is in turmoil offensively. Players are unhappy and the team certainly needs help coaching up the offense and embattled third-year quarterback Mark Sanchez. Jackson also is familiar with Jets head coach Rex Ryan. The two spent time on the same coaching staff with the Baltimore Ravens.

A lot depends on what happens with current offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. He is a candidate to become head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars. If Schottenheimer gets the Jacksonville job, Jackson could be near the top of the list of potential replacements. If not, the Jets will bring Schottenheimer back to run the Jets' offense for another season.

8. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I vote for a title change, opening this thread was a roller coaster. I almost had a coronary.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Uh....

Exactly. Rex is involved in everything that has to do with the makeup of this team. Sure tanny has final say, but there is a reason that our coaches go on scouting trips to look at players after the season and a reason why guys like Mike Pettine came on with him. Quit talking out your ass and look up soem facts first Don.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I am on board with this!

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Fire Schotty now and get this guy. Cant waste anytime here. Let him know we are interested in him now, if hes down, make up some PR story as to why Schotty was released earlier than said for all I care.

12. hazmat

hazmat New Member

At some point this year Rex realized that the Jets forcing schotty on him may get him fired sooner then later. I believe that Tannenbaum knows he made a mistake in forcing an offensive coordinator on Rex who has such a different mind set.

The front office never should have hired Rex and told him that Schotty is in charge of the offense you worry about the defense. To me that seems to be exactly what they did. As opposed to letting Rex go out and hire a guy who has a similar coaching style, Tannenbaum and Woody were so obsessed with Schotty that they forced him on Rex.

I don't know how Tannenbaum and Woody agreed to give Schotty a 3.2 million extension. Was anyone else even interested?

Rex has to own the offense and the special teams. He has to become the head coach. Not a defensive coordinator that makes speeches and some decisions.

It's gotta be his team with his mentality for all three phases.

I love the idea of hiring Jackson but I could see him getting Sanchez turned around in one year and then another team giving him another chance as a HC.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have noted before that Don has no basis for saying Rex has no input. Yet he keeps repeating it. You know, that's a form of trolling, isn't it?

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He has a reputation to maintain....... the title needs a 2011 next to it. :breakdance:

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He was told who he could bring and who he had to keep. He has no say and Woody Johnson says that ALL the time..Tannenbaum has total control on all personnel decisions...period.

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Hue Jackson would fit into our system. He wouldnt put up with bullshit either from players. Bring him in.

17. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Having total control and refusing to listen to your head coach are completely different things. You don't think Tanny talks to Rex at all when making personnel decisions. If he didn't it would be idiotic.

18. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Tanny needs to give Schotty his walking papers so the Jets can go out sign Hue Jackson asap.

I hope the Jets don't wait for Schotty like they waited for Asomugha and end shortchanging themselves again.

19. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

5-11, 4-12, 8-8. Jackson's record as an OC isn't exactly sparkling, though the 2010 Raiders did have some decent numbers in certain areas.

20. sg3

sg3 Banned

If you think Don is unbearable at these threads, you should read Don's masterpieces at the Stadium thread at Jet Experience. He even makes CBJ look coherent