How's your Smoothie game?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

And miss out on all those delicious cancer causing chemicals they don’t have to list on the food labels? Yeah right.

#61 Jonathan_Vilma, Apr 6, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
    stinkyB likes this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Just make sure to use the correct pronouns while doing so.

stinkyB and Dierking like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Bump. @coloradojet - Are you still around?

Will start One Meal A Day (OMAD). Will do 20 hour fasting each day for 2 months.

Any advice my friend?

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I
    Use three hours for that meal and one for the loo.

Brook! likes this.
  5. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

I think it's better to have two meals a day over a 1.5 to 2 hour window because you cannot absorb all of the food that you eat in one meal. The guy in the video cites studies that showed that you have high blood glucose the next day with one meal a day. He also says that if you eat one or two meals a day every day that's going to slow down your metabolism. It's better in the long run to do one or two meals a day every other day.

Brook! and stinkyB like this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Or just eat healthier and get regular exercise ;)

Brook! and abyzmul like this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I made a couple of false starts with fasting, but I work out way too much and I need a gang of protein. I like the detox effects and stomach shrink though.

8. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

My daughter got married in June and I wanted to drop some weight for the wedding. Here is what I did.

Keto diet

16/8 fasting - I ate 3 meals a day between 9 and 5. I didn't eat again until the next morning at 9.

Daily exercise (elliptical, walk/run/bike.

NO ALCOHOL! That was probably the hardest for me. I'm like to drink scotch and I had to go cold turkey. I didn't drink for almost 3 months.

I lost 30.6 pounds in 12 weeks. After the wedding I went to a modified keto diet where I'll actually eat bread, etc. I also went back to scotch and some beer. I maintained the fasting through with a few slip ups here and there. I've managed to maintain the weight I was at for the wedding which was June 10. For me the fasting is key to not gaining weight.

JackBower, Brook! and coloradojet like this.
  9. Brook!

My friend. Do you mean I should eat 3 meals a day one day and next day do 1 or 2 meals a day next day?

What happens if I do only 2 meals a day and do intermittent fasting. 18 hour fast and 6 hour eating?

10. Brook!

stinky

you stink. Intermittent fasting is the only way for me to do it. Can't eat healthy. I rather stay hungry and eat what I want whenever I can eat.

11. Brook!

bickety

That is the spirit. For me the challenge is to give up desert. I am a sucker for sugar. I can give up beer easily but sugar will be difficult for me. August-September-October. 3 months. If I lose 30 LBS, I will take you out to Steak Dinner one day.

Also, why didn't you invite me to the wedding? Shame on you. Lol

12. bicketybam

My brother has a friend that claims all he did was 16/8 fast and basically ate whatever he wanted during the 8 hours. He's lost over 30 pounds. It's taken him a while and I'm not sure he's packing away ice cream sundaes but he says he's been eating whatever. Take that for what it's worth. No matter what, I think the 16/8 is good for you, especially if you finish your last mean by 5-530. Eating and going to bed is a killer.

Brook! likes this.
  13. Brook!

My goal... Eat lunch at 1 PM. Last meal at 6 PM. Walk 3 miles a day. No beer, no deser. Melt down from 240 down to 210. Next step, move to 180 LBS

bicketybam likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’ve lost and gained a lot of weight throughout different points of my life and I’ve learned personally (not true for everyone) that most of these seemingly fad diets wane over time. Start a diet, it works for 4 months, go on vacation for a week or a wedding or a long weekend with friends, fall off, reset back to old ways, etc.

Best thing to do is take a bunch of elements from all of them and combine them into one lifestyle change. Limit sugar, watch the carbs, walk, eat a lot of small meals and make sure you give yourself some time to enjoy foods you want albeit not every day. Don’t keep shit in the house past a day. If you like ice cream and want it, don’t buy a gallon, buy a pint and either toss it or finish it in the same day.

It’s a lot easier to eat like shit if it’s in reach.

Brook!, Dierking and bicketybam like this.
  15. bicketybam

My wife and I try to follow the 80/20 rule. Eat healthy and exercise 80% of the time and treat yourself 20% of the time. Basically go out to dinner, drink, party etc. one day a week.

As far as Keto goes, it just works for me. I feel better when I'm not eating a ton of carbs. I'm not into sweets, it's the bread carbs that I crave. But they have all sorts of low carb/net zero carb breads now that actually taste decent.

Brook! likes this.
  16. coloradojet

Like Bicketybam said eating 16:8 is definitely a lot better than eating in a bigger window like 12:12 or 14:10. And as Bicketybam says eating late is bad. I switched from eating my last meal from 6-7pm to 1-3pm and I stopped waking up during the middle of the night. Eating your last meal earlier in the day works with your circadian rhytm and you sleep better.

I think two meals a day over a two hour window is better than one meal a day because it's hard to absorb all the food you would eat if you did one meal a day.

I try to eat in a 12-14 hour window once or twice a week and I do two 24 hour fasts spaced out every week. The rest of the days I eat in a 8 hour or smaller window. Eating normal once or twice a week makes it more sustainable so that I will probably be able to do it forever.

Brook! and bicketybam like this.
  17. coloradojet

Have you tried Ezekiel bread? Probably the best.

18. bicketybam

I haven't. I will give it a try. Thanks for the tip!

19. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I subscribe to the workout early mantra. I feel like it kick-starts my metabolism for the day(my weight has stayed between 180-185 since around '99).

#79 Savatage, Jul 19, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2023
    bicketybam likes this.
  20. Brook!

Thank you my friend.

Now, to shock my body, I plan to do a 2 day fast to start this thing off. Water and Coffee only for 2 days. How shall I start eating after 2 days? Please note I want to do a 18/6 intermittent fasting after I shock my body.

My diabetes is acting up. I wake up in sweat. My feet are tingling. Honestly I gotta lose weight and lose fast.