How'd I do?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by xxedge72x, Sep 2, 2013.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Just joined a new 12 team PPR keeper league. Three players can be kept starting round 4 and on. Only drafted guys can be kept and at a three round penalty.

Here's what I ended up with:

QB - C. Kaepernick (4)
    WR - Megatron (1)
    WR - Welker (5)
    WR - Boldin (8)
    RB - D. Wilson (3)
    RB - M. Ball (6)
    TE - J. Graham (2)
    K - J. Tucker (15)
    D - NYJ (12)

B - M. Ingram (7)
    B - A. Dalton (9)
    B - M. Sanu (10)
    B - D. Hopkins (11)
    B - D. Avery (13)
    B - D. Hixon (14)

I don't plan on keeping all those bench receivers, just looking to see if I can catch lightning in a bottle anywhere. Hixon will likely be first to go when its obvious that a good FA is available. Right now I'm eyeing up Brandon Pettigrew as a potential TE backup.

So how'd I do?

2. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

I like it a lot.

I've gotten Graham in the 3rd (albeit standard scoring and only 10 team league) in every single draft I have done this year, so for our sake, lets hope he lights it up. Love the pick in a PPR even more, even if it is the 2nd round.

Megatron in the 1st is what it is. Stud WR. He'll get his looks.

Love Kapernick in the 4th. Love D. Wilson in the 3rd. Not a huge fan of Montee Ball to be honest. I think in a few weeks he'll be 3rd on the depth chart in Denver.

Other than that, I like it. I usually stream defenses, and taking the Jets D is ballsy for sure.

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Only problem with taking jet D is they'll be on the field A LOT, like last year. Oh well, more chances of int's.

4. Elephant

Elephant New Member

hard to say for sure not knowing the waiver wire, but I think you can do better than Avery and Hixon.

5. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Jets D was a homer pick. Good for you for having faiths, but in 12th you could probably get a better D.
    I'm, not high on Ball. I know he is a top prospect and anll, but I would get someone else instead. Was Deryl Richardson available?
    Other than that -- great team, congrats.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Thanks for the comments.

Richardson went three picks later. I didn't know a whole lot about him going into the draft (didn't do any draft preparation prior to the draft this year).

At the time I was considering Ryan Mathews, but he's one of those high ceiling guys who can't seem to get out of their own way. My reasoning for going with Ball is that he's in a productive offense that will present plenty of scoring opportunities. That passing game will open things up for the running attack, so even if he's not "good" per se, he can still be productive from a fantasy standpoint.

Definitely concerned to some extent about the running situation though. Still, for a PPR league I feel good.

Also forgot to mention, passing TDs are 4 points rather than 6, which helped bolster my decision to target Kaepernick.

7. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Im not a Ball fan either. Richardson is not good either. I understand the injury concern but Mathews in the 6th would have been great value. I think you made a mistake there. esp ppr becuz rivers dumps off to rbs more than any other qb.

#7 74, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013