How?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Most people are suggesting that the NFL step in and save the Johnson's and the fans from the vicious cycle the Jets are caught in. This cycle of hiring inept GM's and coaches feeds on itself because it becomes harder for the owners to convince real management talent to come to the team.

One solution that has worked in the past for both NY franchises when caught in a cycle like this is the NFL stepping in with a strong suggestion as a GM or CEO. George Young for the Giants and Jim Kensil for the Jets.

We're at the point now where the Jets clearly need this type of direction and assistance if they are going to break the cycle. It's good for the NFL when one of the NY franchises is well run and very bad for the NFL when one of them is consistently poorly run.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t disagree that they should do it, but most QB competitions in the NFL these days are bullshit.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Who are these "most people"?

I realize that @Jets79 didn't say the NFL should take the team away... my mind just went there.

I just don't think the Jets are at the point where Goodell is gonna step in and dictate a change in management.
    Not yet anyway...

4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Do the Jets have the most miserable fanbase in football? I'm not suggesting they don't deserve to be miserable I'm just asking the question.

dawinner127, KingRoach and Acad23 like this.
  5. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

If we are not the most miserable, we are a close #2. Detroit fans might have us beat.

However when the team shows any semblance of actually being competitive, I would say that Jets fans are some of the most passionate around. The question is when will that happen again?

6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I think JD's done a better job of building a team than any GM we've had in a long time. It's just that his big misses are looking to be QB, coach, and OL. And it's extremely hard to overcome missing at such important spots.

7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Like 2018. Bridgewater won it, McCown came in 2nd, and Sam last. But we lied to ourselves and said Sam won, cause he made a few good plays and cost the 3rd overall pick.

JETFUEL1580, Acad23 and PJ4Ever like this.
  8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

We could construct a 10-year misery index--that would typically be measured most by the difference between actual outcomes and expectations. I think we may rank first due to our ridiculously idealistic expectations every freaking year that are usually destroyed by the end of the first 4 weeks.

We're kind of like the Prometheus of NFL fans.

ConcordeChops and Br4d like this.
  9. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I appreciate that he's working on the OL. He's had some breaks not go his way, but I like that he understands how important the line. I anticipate the line being addressed this offseason.

Its impossible to be successful if you're missing on QB and coach. I guess the jury isn't out on either of them yet, but I'm not confident at all.

10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Literally can’t be any worse

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Jets fans are not miserable they just overreact and there a lot of us. When we win a game there will be a bunch of posters talking Superbowl and playoffs and when we lose those posters go away and the fire everyone crowd shows up. The problem is we have not won enough for the bright sides to stick around. I would say both sides are not the best posters.

12. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

we are not as loud and proud as the handful of SUNY-Amherst fans haha

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

In the modern NFL by a long margin the most important position is the QB - this team has not had even a decent QB in a very long time - without a good QB the rest of the team needs to be very good and the defense needs to be great if you want a shot ay actually winning on a consistent basis - every team that consistently makes the playoffs has a top tier QB on the roster during that time (aside from the 2000s Ravens) and that is something the Jets never seem to manage to get,

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

And we're starting that quarterback Sunday!

16. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Wrong. The only time posters here talk Superbowl is when the Jets sign a backup player........Championship!!!!

LAJet and cval like this.
  17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

We are saying every year OL will need to be addressed next offseason. But really last year OLIne was not bad. It also had a rough start. I expect something similar this year. Granted it is not great that the line starts like shit every year, and he needs to improve there, but if overall we end up solid, can't blame JD too much for that. If Max improves in a couple of games and line becomes good, I don't think there will be too many complains.

I am also not prepared to say he missed out on QB and coach until I see full season play out.