How will they look after the bye?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The players' time is regulated by the CBA but the coaches can work straight through. The extra day for players, probably Monday, can be used implementing those changes the coaches hopefully came up with during the extra week they had for preparation.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'm perfectly fine watching both the Cowboys and the Patriots lose any time either team takes the field.

Poeman likes this.
  3. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

Sad fact is that every NY Jets game(s) on every other teams schedule(s) are circled as that easier win, similar to what CMan just mentioned about our Texans game. I totally agree we are headed up to a buzzsaw for our annual ass whooping at the hands of the Pats, regardless of how good or bad NE's talent is. They have better coaching, better schemes, better game plans, a better defense and are much more well prepared then we have been all season. I expect to be out of my house Sunday no later than 2pm as usual every Sunday behind 14 or 21-0. I have no time to waste on this team anymore until they become competitive.

4. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Amen brother. I usually only watch half of each game now. I watched all of the titams and falcons game. Other than those i think i will be enjoying the fine fall weather for three quarters every game.

SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I watch them all… to the end. Must be a character flaw. But 8 used to get so pissed off after a loss that I was miserable until like Tuesday following.

no more. Now I just go in expecting an ugly loss…I still watch, I still root hard for a win, but after so many years of shit play, I don’t get as invested.

as for this game, I hope we can win, but I don’t think we will. It’ll likely be the same as every year where we lose to that damn fucking team.

NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

For us fishermen, this is prime time. Just like hunters. I can always find something to do on Sundays other than watch the Jets imitate the Stooges. Yeah I know.. ROOKIE, Rookie, rookie.. etc.

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Come on guys this Pats week. This is the worst the Pats have been in years. The Jets have the best chance to win this game since I can remember. Let's get excited about this game. The o-line is getting better, Zach will not throw 4 picks in the first half again and our defense is getting back some key players. The Pats have only one game more than us and if we win this game we will have a better record than the dolphins and the Same as the Pats. The Titans proved last night that anything can happen but the Pats are not that good.

We need to send a little positive energy. We can bitch how much we suck again if we lose this game but until we do lets get going for this game. To me this is the biggest game so far this season and definitely the biggest for this coaching staff and Zac.

F*** the Pats we need stop acting like their bitches.

ouchy and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

We act like their bitches because we are their bitches. They've won 19 of their last 21 games vs. us.

We will act differently when we consistently prove we're not their bitches.

Brook!, SOJAZ, NoodleArm and 3 others like this.
  9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Play the part of which you wish to become.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Regardless of how would have I acted on the week leading up the November 22 2012, the buttfumble still happened.

Brook! and Cman68 like this.
  11. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

If you have no time to waste on this team then wth are you doing here? STOP WATCHING! WALK AWAY FOREVER AND EVER. That's what people do that really hate watching a particular team or program they change the channel you brainiac. Lol

K'OB likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

There's a Jet Game Sunday?? My stomach Is already in knots..my Psyche braced for the usual

...I definitely preferred the week of all the TGG posts bitching moping and hoping after lost hope and speculation what the CS will do. And of course how Wilson willl play

Now it's almost showtime...so we hope for the best and prepare for the worst

Gimme a competitive loss..A blowout defeat , while certainly possible , is just further gut wrenching

barfolomew, Noam and cval like this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Not a believer in the Butterfly Effect?

Hell... you could have caused it.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets do the same things they have been doing after the bye as they did before we're in a for a long miserable slog.

I'm hoping they come out with significant changes in the game plan and a commitment to letting Zach Wilson make exactly as many throws as he deserves to make based on how he is performing.

SOJAZ, ouchy, NYJetsO12 and 1 other person like this.
  15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

As a 54 year vet, I hope for the best but expect the worst. Sorry Cav, until this CS and Team play a complete competitive game, they are what their record indicates losers.

Cman68 and barfolomew like this.
  16. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Gatekeeping.

All of us can be fans in anyway we choose. Some of us have lower tolerance for bullshit and below mediocrity, some of us have a higer tolerance for it.

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

hopefully ready. with an extra week to prepare no reason to come out flat

barfolomew likes this.
  18. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

for me...

when he played Bama he looked MEH... but that was still when Bamas D was actually full of future NFLers...

I was stunned when I realized what a afucking baller he was, but that only took me his first 10 games

barfolomew likes this.