How many years does JD get?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 14, 2020.

?

How many years does JD get to show progress?

1. 2 more years

39 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. 3 more years

34 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. 6 more years

7 vote(s)
    7.6%
  4. 10 more years (5 year contract extension)

6 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Forever....

7 vote(s)
    7.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Another dilemma do the Jets take Lawrence or keep Sam and try and draft some more soft easily injured rookies? Or do they see if they can unload Sam for some picks? Do they keep both? I like this scenario. Darnold hasn't played a full season. Last year some skank gave him mono 4 games lost. This year he's out by game 4. Having both compete and see who can handle the top job is the move. The loser gets unloaded for draft picks.

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

JD needs to be fired. Just ask Robby Anderson. Oops. I mean his boy Perriman. Oops. I mean Sam Darnold. Lol. Pos clown was never a GM before the Jets and that's because he sucks ass.

3. I trade the pick for a war chest. No matter how good Lawrence is....the jets need volume of picks more than anything else. Also truly believe we are entering a QB prospect golden era. High school football teams have become much more pass oriented on a global scale. More & more athletes are playing QB & getting the right coaching to become elite passers.We see stronger/deeper QB college recruiting classes every single year.This naturally results on more NFL prospects.

Lawrence maybe generational but is he the right fit? If he is certainly take him. But i'm more inclined to take the potential franchise changing haul from trading the pick, see the Darnold investment through while simultaneously searching for THE guy at QB w. the understanding that talent supply will provide options as will the picks/trade ammunition. It's more important to find the best QB for the NY Jets than the perceived BEST QB.

I don't expect this to be a popular take either. I'm sure I "Won't deserve" to be around if the Jets take a different path

boozer32, alleycat9 and SOJAZ like this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

By that logic, all GM's should be fired.

papapump and Red Menace like this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why not keep both? Two guys on rookie contracts is not a bank buster. The plan should be to keep both through all of the 2021 season and do something strange for this organization - make a decision based on performance instead of guesswork.

Today nobody knows what Darnold is and they certainly don't know what Lawrence is as an NFL quarterback. This is a very important reason that the Jets are wasting valuable time in finding out what Darnold is as long as Gase is driving the bus.

Jets81, boozer32, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  6. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I voted 2 years because he has had 1.5 already. This off season is critical. I like the idea of keeping both QBs but it really depends on how SAM plays the remainder of the year. If he comes back with , Per/Mim, etc. and still plays like crap then he needs to find a new home....

This team needs a "large" infusion of talent and skilled players... and I believe he now has the highest war chest in the league so this years FA and Draft, IMHO, is the key. AG is

7. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Next year is fine but if we start off slow in 22 he’s gone.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

And then what do we do with the new coach?

jets_fan likes this.
  9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He's only had one offseason and is still getting rid of Maccmoron guys. He's going nowhere anytime soon.

His first full season at the controls will be an 0-16 shitstain too which is fantastic work

hobgoblin, Jets81 and 88toon like this.
  10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Hold on to him for a couple of years, let him sit in on the interviews for the new GM, give him input, and then fire him a year later.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i tend to agree with this. this however is one of the reasons i think that gase needs to go immediately, so we can see him perform with someone else as his leader. its not perfect but any tape he can put down with a new leader will help to make decisions and the more the better. waiting until after the season to fire gase makes it almost necessary to do what you are saying, because they really still 4 years in have any idea what kind of a qb their top 3 draft pick is.

which is so absolutely sad.

Ralebird likes this.
  12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Having a volume of picks will do nothing if your QB can't stay healthy or perform. The New coach needs to make that determination.

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

2 more years

14. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

The biggest indictment of JD so far, and the thing that concerns me the most, is that he put a great deal of his attention, and team resources, into improving the offensive line with little or nothing to show for it.

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He tried that money ball bullshit and it's backfired. He'll have to start signing talent. So far he seems like a glorified cap manager

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

JetsNation06, 88toon and Cman68 like this.
  16. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

It seems as if the Jets signed JD to save money by gutting the team and tanking. Any moron can do that.

17. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

And any moron can draft Lawrence if he comes out and the Jets get the top spot.

Any fan on this board could do that. I can't remember the last time I watched a college football game and I would draft Lawrence.

FIRE THE DESTROYER DOUGLAS!!!!

18. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Tank is being done right. Hardest part is going to be getting FA to come who are not POS who chase money ie Trumaine Johnson.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It's hilarious how some of you think Douglas should be fired this year. He has literally only been here a year. He has had one draft. He signed a 6 year deal because he told ownership it would take time to build this team properly. Come on, now! You guys are smarter than that.

Jets81 likes this.
  20. Zuckpsu

Zuckpsu Member

Exactly. We're so beaten down as fans that people want to overpay "homegrown" draft picks like Adams and Anderson, all because we're accustomed to never adequately replacing them in the draft. We keep those guys and some of our linemen from last year, and we're likely still 0-6 or 1-5 without the picks, cap space, and possibly draft positioning.

Douglas' seat isn't anywhere close to being warm. It's refreshing for once to have a GM that doesn't give out ridiculous contracts like halloween candy to over the hill free agents whose worst years will be in green jerseys, where the peak production we get out of those guys is a 9-7 season before the reality of botching a decade worth of drafts sets in and we do just shitty enough to miss the playoffs and a top 5 pick.