How many years does JD get?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 14, 2020.

?

How many years does JD get to show progress?

1. 2 more years

39 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. 3 more years

34 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. 6 more years

7 vote(s)
    7.6%
  4. 10 more years (5 year contract extension)

6 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Forever....

7 vote(s)
    7.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I don't understand how we have some calling for JD's head at this point. It was clear when he came in that we needed a reboot/rebuild. He didn't have the authority to fire Gase, and we ended up having a decent record last year because of a soft late schedule. His first draft was this year and it looks really good so far. It is also his first offseason, so I think he gets some slack. I don't think any of us thought we'd get 2 1's for Adams either...

I'd also like to reiterate a point I made a few weeks ago. Douglas is very highly respected in league circles, so if we were to fire him, he immediately becomes one of the most intriguing GM candidates out there.

If we remember hiring him during the summer months last year, all the talk around was, "why would he go to the Jets? + He was going to be a highly sought after GM candidate."

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Anyone talking about firing Douglas now is clueless and has no idea what they're talking about.

BudJet, JohnnyP123456, apjbfc and 3 others like this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The general belief here was that the roster was bereft of talent. That's why Maccagnan got the boot after Chris did his deep dive. Now, some fans want him gone after one full offseason. His first draft class is looking better each week even with some picks I didn't agree with. He traded away players who won't be on the next contending team. He still has work to do, but this wasn't a one offseason fix.

JohnnyP123456, cval and papapump like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Red Menace likes this.
  6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

well yeah, with teams like Detroit, Cincinnati, Houston, and Detroit, maybe we are not THE worst (and that’s a maybe!)

but the really sad part is that we are DEFINITELY in the conversation.

we may be a tiny bit better than those teams, but IF we are, it’s not by much

we are for sure one of the most poorly run organizations.

We have had shit coach after shit coach, shit GM after shit GM, putrid draft after putrid draft....we hope JD stops that trend in the GM seat, and yet we are all still praying for 0-16 because we all realize that our owners are SSOOOOOO stupid that there’s actually a chance they keep Gase.

what does that tell you?

cval likes this.
  8. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

He got rid of Manish. He can stay forever.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

The problem is the Bills and Dolphins have already done their reset and have seemed to hit on everything the Jets hope to hit on, plus you still have Belly out there. It is not going to be easy for the Jets to rise even in their own division which could become the toughest in football. I am not overly impressed with the available head coaches out there, and there looks to be a lot of teams looking for a new one. I am so scared that Marvin Lewis is our guy

10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

please for the love of god, NO!

11. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

For me I really like what Joe has done so far,and the way he's operating gives me great hope that we are on a great path moving forward.

He's admitted that Robby was the wrong decision for those fans that thought we released Devante Adams.

I get other fans frustration, the NFL is a win now league and I don't blame the fans who just want to watch the jets win and don't understand team building. We all work and watch football on a Sunday and we've been that poor for so long that people don't have paitence anymore. Can't blame them for that.

For me this whole year was on Gase and Gase alone. Judge, Rule, Flores get 6-8 wins out of this roster and Sam wouldn't be the scrapheap that he is now.

Get a programme builder working with Joe and have everyone spend the next 3 years running behind mount beckton on the highway.

That man is a beast.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Red Menace likes this.
  12. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Marvin Lewis is like the textbook definition of mediocrity...I’m assuming he’s hanging out with Jeff Fisher arguing about who is more overrated, and who is more mediocre

the guys had like 15 YEARS and didn’t win a single damn playoff game

keep him the FUCK out of here

13. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

What Adams has or hasn't been in Seattle is irrelevant.

HERE he was the Jets best player, the heart & soul of this football team. He was amazing here.

That Adams is playing without a new contract in Seattle to me is another indictment of this GM.

14. WarriorRB28

I'd fire JD before coach Gase.

I don't look at this season and make a final judgement on coach Gase's ability or Darnold's ability. How could I?

To me what I've seen the lack of success/Ws is all about the GM.

15. WarriorRB28

You get Lawrence in here then what? He's going to win MVP awards, Super Bowls right away?

They trade away Darnold now there's a chance another team gets the reward after we went through the growing pains while we're going through Lawrence's growing pains.

What JD did to this football team is wrong IMO. Destroying your team to get a player to me is no different than a get rich quick scheme.

Things have to be done the right way.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Really? It's on Douglas? I think you have quite a unique perspective on the situation in giving Gase a pass. Almost like you worship the guy. What's with the constant use of "coach Gase?" Is that some kind of term of reverence? Are we supposed to think more of him because you call him "coach Gase?" Why not manager Douglas, lineman Becton, quarterback Darnold?

JohnnyP123456 and Red Menace like this.
  17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He's already better than darnold. His mechanics and arm talent are solid. He will have to adapt to the game but thats about it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

HomeoftheJets and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I don’t think it can all be in one guy.. Sure JD holds some of the blame by letting Robbie walk and not adding quality to the guard position.

His fate should be in the hands of the new coach. If the new coach wants him that’s great if not... he’s got to go. We need a tandem like in SF/Seattle etc etc that work together on building a team so everyone is on the same page

19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He was not the heart and soul of this team. This team played as a unit and won when he was out also. Youre one of those yesteryear people arent you?

Everything is always better back then not now ornin the future. Douglas is smart and far bettrr at evacuating talent then mac ever was. He got rid of all these contracts that suck with non productive players. None of these players he got rid of have been better anywhere else. Seattles defense sucks, bell is still slow, and no other player has made an impact. Younger guys are fetting valuable playing time to see which ones have a future here.

Years of bad drafting has left this team stupudly devoid of talent.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

Of course YOU would. You are wrong on every single thing you post.

#200 NCJetsfan, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    JohnnyP123456 and Jets79 like this.