How many wins in '06

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dwalsh, Mar 18, 2006.

?

How Many Wubs

Poll closed Apr 27, 2006.
  1. 0

1.6%
  2. 1-2

0.8%
  3. 3-4

5.6%
  4. 5-6

32.3%
  5. 7-8

37.1%
  6. 9-10

12.9%
  7. 11-12

4.8%
  8. 13-14

0.8%
  9. 15-16

4.0%
  1. L3JET

L3JET Active Member

15-16 wins.:rolleyes:

Peace out.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I...what? I thought it was some secret internet spy code lingo. Like lol or ur gr8 or something. I'm pretty easy to fool. "Here look at this new contraption I got. It cleans your dishes, balances your checkbook, takes pictures." "I...OK." So wubs, what did I know from these things.

3. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

wubs=wins

If you look at the keyboard, "U" is to the left of "I" & "B" is right next to "N" on the keyboard. So if you are typing and your finger is one key to far to the left, wins can become wubs

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i said 9-10

and this is a very optimistic prediction......i dont know i could give more validity to the prediction after seeing how we handle the draft.

more realistic for me would be 7-8 but i have some sort of faith i guess thats just me being a sunshiner. which by the way isnt a bad thing, i set expectations but i dont bitch and moan when theyre not met

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

ROFL i love the in depth explanation

6. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

A .500 season

Given the schedule we've got and some of the moves we've already made, I could see us getting to 8-8 next year.

7. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Considering our injury situation last season, the team this season will almost certainly be more talented.

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

exactly..

i mean no harm towards yisman, but i think he's being pessimistic

9. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Not as bad as some, but still out of line.

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Hardly. We lost several key players who did play all or part of last season.

Like I said, show me how we're more talented than we were last season. There is no way. I really thought we'd make the playoffs last season. We didn't come close. Now you're telling me we're going to win twice as many games with a roster that's worse, arguably significantly worse?

11. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

So not agreeing with your view is "out of line"? Is there some mandatory insane optimism that I have to have?

12. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I don't count the players were played partial seasons as part of our talent pool last year. I thought we'd make the playoffs last season too. How is our roster significantly worse than the one that finished up last season? Penny or even Ramsey will be an upgrade over Bollinger. Houston/Blaylock and a healthy CMart will be an improvment over pounding an injured CMart last season. Our receiving corps is returning intact. The big question mark is the Oline and that will make all the difference. What will we do there.
    As far as our D goes, losing Abraham will hurt, but we've still got the makings of a decent line. Our 'backers will be better when Barton returns and we draft Hawk. The secondary is young and talented and will flourish under the tuteledge of Mangini. Nugent will be better with a season under his belt too.

13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

The only position where you really have a case is QB. I agree that we should be better at QB. But our OL is worse than last year, our DL is worse than last year, and our secondary is worse as well.

14. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

We don't know how the Oline is going to end up. There will be major changes. We're likely to draft Olinemen early and often this year. I don't know that our Dline is worse. Ellis and D'Rob were playing injured and our lack of an offense really put the D behind the eight ball.
    Secondary worse? Because we lost that mercenary Ty Law? Yeah, hes a ball hawk, but he played out of shape and drew too many penalties.

15. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

[​IMG]

7-9 with marked improvement

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I'm saying our defense will be worse even if we stay in a base 43. If we switch to a 34, it'll be a total disaster.

17. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Why is that?

18. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

because we don't have the personnel for it, and I'm afraid Mangini is going to force the change anyway.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm not nitpicking, trust me on that. <== I hate that stuff. I misfire all the time.

20. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

haha, thanks... at least i'm not alone.

So, back to the original purpose of this thread, i'm thinking between 6-7 wins next year. I think that our offense will be able to get abou 15-20 points/game, and our defense will give up abotu that much. So we might be able to win a few here & there.