How far could Teddy Bridgewater slip?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Br4d, Jan 24, 2014.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Incomprehensible. It's as if none of these guys watched him play actual games.

_

2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

If you watch his game films he's very accurate in the short to intermediate ranges, more importantly he's accurate, quick and decisive when under pressure. People are putting way too much emphasis on his pro day. There's a reason until pro day he was a consensus top 10 pick. Give me game film over combine or pro days any day of the week.

stinkyB likes this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I bet Houston was cussing when they made that trade.......

4. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Yeah really, for a 4th round pick you can get the QB you wanted that's left.

I can't see Carr in Houston, no matter how much I like him as a prospect.

stinkyB likes this.
  5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Nice call genius.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

And I'm sure every single prediction you've ever made came true lol

Please don't be one of those morons that sits here and shows that people were wrong in predicting draft picks. Give me a break

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im not, he is the one who started it by quoting one of my wrong predictions last night.

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Then be the bigger person and ignore it lol

I mean shit, if you wanted to quote wrong predictions you would need to quote this entire board, including tons of my predictions.

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I dont do this normally, its not in my character. It is in his though.

10. JStokes

Mine was a joke, dick. We were never picking a QB. Go finish your coloring books.

He's a child that's been stalking me lately. You know when you step in dogshit and you have to keep scraping it off but you can never get the stench to go away?

Yeah, that's Soxx.

_

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Sure Sonja.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

yep, unless they got over confident that Seattle would stand pat and they'd grab him #33....... DOH!
    No way I see them going with Carr 2.0. I did read a rumor on CBS about them trading for Mallet (which could be a good move imo)

CleveSteve likes this.
  13. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

When this thread started I thought "what a ridiculous thread he would never fall to us at 18..." Boy was I wrong!!!

14. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I really didn't think he would fall so far, I have to be honest. I thought he was the best QB in the draft. He still can be I guess, I'm just surprised he went all the way down to 32. It would be fun if the Texans draft Carr, it would make a few good talk show interviews and everyone knows that's what makes the world go round.

15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I would say this is a fairly accurate description from April 28th. Looking back at the posts I laugh at the guy who ridiculed my post and guaranteed that Bridgewater would go in the top 3. I guess that is what happens when people actually believe the garbage people like McShay and Kiper spew out. But so many blindly buy into the mass media hyping of QBs as that is what gets page hits and viewers.

It was actually pretty shocking that Bridgewater was able to climb into the 1st round. If the Vikes did not take Bridgewater at 32 I doubt there is another team that would have considered him until round 3. His weak arm, lack of accuracy, ability to read defenses, and overall smart play fits quite well with the Vikings run 1st approach but really with no other team that would want a starting QB. Maybe he could have squeaked in as backup for NE or another contender but doubtful for Houston or TB. Besides Minnesota the only realistic teams in the 2nd round looking for a starting QB is Houston with the slight possibility of Tampa and Oakland and a very very remote possibility of the Rams. Pretty much leaving only Minnesota competing against themselves and Houston. We might see Houston panic now like Cleveland and Minnesota just did and take Caar or Garappolo but the smart play would be for them to either trade back to mid round 2 or wait until round 3 to take a QB or simply pull the trigger on the rumored Mallet deal.

#615 Noam, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
  16. JStokes

Lol.

_

17. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I know right?

HOUSTON would have taken him, it was so obvious. where else where they gonna go with that?

18. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Houston could have taken any number of QBs with equally comparable value to Bridgewater in rounds 2-4 in Caar, Garappolo, Savage, Metzenberger, mcCarron and so on. It all depends upon on where Houston had Bridgewater valued compared to other QBs. To say Houston would have taken him is either poor use of language or logic. Houston may have taken him if they valued him above the other QBs but they may also have said we can get similar value in round 3 or 4and that is assuming the Mallett deal is dead. The problem for Mallet deal is the same problem that QBs like Caar, Garappolo and Bridgewater have that the quantity of so many quality good but not great QB prospects available drags down the value of all these QBs. As one can easily find a similar value at a much cheaper price.

#618 Noam, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
  19. JStokes

Houston, Rams, Oakland, Tampa would have taken him at the top of the 2nd which is why the Vikings moved up. Wouldn't have gotten past any one of those slots or Tennessee.

But that doesn't fit with the narrative of the Teddy haters. He probably wouldn't have gone until round 4 at BEST because he's inaccurate.

LOL.

_

20. JStokes

Anyone who has ever watched Teddy at length, in real games can see the incredible accuracy. See it with their eyes.

And I hate stupid stats breaking down accuracy by splits/distance/etc.

Hate it, watch the games. And decide whether you like him or not.

Having said that, just heard an interesting couple of stats.

Teddy was number 3 in the nation last year in accuracy while under pressure and number 2 in accuracy while facing 5 rushers.

Yeah, Teddy is totally inaccurate.

Geezuz.

_