How far could Teddy Bridgewater slip?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Br4d, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Any last minute predictions?

I think he'll get picked by the Vikings at the latest, but if not he may fall much farther.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Geno Smith dropping isnt as bad as this guy dropping

3. Windeos

Windeos Member

Bridgewater to the Vikings, we could very well regret not talking Bridgewater if he plays how I think he will in the NFL.

I love Bridgewater as a player

4. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Going to minnesota is and excellent situation for TB, I'm actually very happy for him.

Hes a first rounder after all! hope he has a good career... except week 14 this year, then he can get crushed. ;)

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Exactly.

They are outside for the next 2 years, bring your gloves Teddy.

_

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am kind of shocked Bridgewater sneaked into the last pick in round one. I was thinking he had a chance to go to Minnesota at pick 40. But if Minnesota did not take him at 40 he had a good chance of falling to round 3. He really seems like a big reach for Minnesota at 32. But then again it appears they have not learned from too much from reaching on Ponder.

7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree, I think they got a steal at this point in the draft. His biggest knocks was he didn't have a good pro day and he's viewed as being pretty much maxed out in terms of future growth. That said he's the most accurate and pro ready QB in the draft and I think when we look back at this draft in 4 years he'll be the best QB out of the draft. He probably would not have made it to the Vikings at 40, he probably would have gone to the Texans, the Raiders, or the Bucs, most (if not all) of which will likely take a QB in the 2nd round.

8. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

this wasn't a reach, realistically Houston could have picked him at the top of the second, if the Vikings wanted him they had to go get him.

He's a very good prospect with questions about his game, he went at the right place, round 3 wasn't happening.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The reason he fell is that he's just not that accurate a passer. He's somewhat inconsistent. The pro day, in which he had a bunch of overthrows and underthrows made people go back and look at the tape and they saw many of the things CleveSteve and I were talking about off of just a half dozen full game tape sample.

He's a decent prospect but he's going to need to throw the ball better to hit his ceiling and that's always an iffy proposition after 7+ years of organized football.

10. JStokes

Total an unadulterated bullshit.

_

Windeos and 74 like this.
  11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Actually his biggest knock was not his pro day but his tape. He was unable to throw intermediate and deep routes with any accuracy. He is pretty much the opposite of Geno's strengths and weaknesses. He comes forma pro offense, understands defenses, and is pro-ready from day one but he lacks a NFL arm. Some people say he tries to squeeze or grip the ball too tight because of his hand size causing his ball to flutter. But the bottom line on Teddy is he has a very high floor because he is such a smart kid but he has a very low ceiling. Many people characterize him as a kid who can't start in the NFL and who projects more as a back-up. I think that is a bit severe. A running team like Minnesota should be a very good fit for him. Norv Turner tutoring him bodes well. It is really a great spot for a smart young QB. So maybe its not a bad pick for them. I just think its a little early. They could have waited until 40 and if by chance he was gone there are a number other comparable quality QBs still out there.

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Not to say that he'll ever be Brady but those were the same arguments made against Brady coming in to the draft. In today's passing game you don't have to have a big arm to succeed, you just need a quick release and the ability to read coverages and recognize defenses quickly. Don't get me wrong, I love big arm QB's that stretch the field...just saying with today's passing rules it's not the most important factor anymore.

Pavelboca likes this.
  13. JStokes

Are you sure because I've read here he's not only not accurate, he's totally inaccurate.

Unadulterated bullshit. Most accurate QB I've seen in years. Geezuz.

_

Windeos and 1968jetsfan like this.
  14. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Impeccable footwork and elite ability to throw on the run as well.

Windeos and Pavelboca like this.
  15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I agree and you make a good point except for the accuracy issues. But I do think you make a very good point that people overrate arm strength and the most important ability for a QB is making quick reads and getting the ball out. Which is where Bridgewater does excel. Bridgewater also has very good pocket movement skills. If he get past the accuracy issues he could be a very good QB.

16. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

He should've just sat out all of the senior bowl/combine stuff. He was never going #1 after the end of the season so the most he could've helped himself was a spot or two and instead he cost himself about 30.

17. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

You think him skipping out on the senior bowl and combine WASN'T going to affect his stock?

18. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

The top QB does exactly that quite often and it costs them little or nothing. He's the same guy and I doubt he would've slid out of the top 10 if he didn't do anything after the season.

19. JStokes

But not accurate. Lololololol.

Kurt Warner just said on the NFL Network Teddy was the best QB in this class.

But he knows less about the position and the prospects than the experts here.

_

20. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

1 pro day without his usual gloves > game tape.