How far could Teddy Bridgewater slip?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Br4d, Jan 24, 2014.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

And a lightening quick release, tough and a real football IQ.

_

2. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Has to be done....

[​IMG]

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Crazier things have happened, but I doubt he falls that far. Hell, Buffalo would take him at their pick if he falls to them.

4. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

As of now, If Bridgewater fell all the way to our pick, I'd be worried of there something being wrong with him.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

OMG! If he fell to us, we take him in a fuckin heartbeat. No doubt about that. Him and Geno battling it out would be awesome!

6. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I'm taking any QB with a low Wonderlic score and a rumored cocaine addiction.

Bridgewater will go #1 in any case. I'm sure half these stories are created just to generate some unrest by teams that would like to take him.

7. JStokes

Somebody needs to start an untrue rumor about him.

Freaking Don Shula :finssuck:

_

8. JStokes

You know what would happen, he'd be sitting there at 18 and we'd take Fales :lol:

_

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I can't see him sliding past Oakland. The idea that he could slip to #18 is just idiotic to me, but if he slid to the Jets, I'd be the happiest man alive if the Jets ran to the podium and took him. If they passed, my days as a Jets fan would be over.

10. NCJetsfan

This. If I've learned anything from my 15 years of posting on Jets fan sites, it's that Jets fans never fail to amaze me with some of the things they see or don't see in players and their opinions on players.

11. NCJetsfan

Incredibly sad and moronic if that were to happen, but sigh, oh so true and likely with Woody owning the team.

12. NCJetsfan

If that were to happen 7 of those 8 teams would deserve to NEVER win another football game, and the GMs and Owners should be all fired (if not fired upon). The only exception would be Atlanta since they have Ryan. Bridgewater is better than the QB every one of the rest of those teams has at present.

13. JStokes

I've actually heard the opposite here. Any GMs taking some of these QBs are all going to get fired in a year or 2.

Better to go LB or DE or OT if you have no QB and a franchise QB is staring you in the face.

:breakdance:

_

14. NCJetsfan

Knowing the stupidity of some GMs and owners, I have no doubt that it could happen, but see no way possible that it should. Bortles has had one good year. One. His bowl game was less than impressive. Carr isn't a scab on Teddy's ass. While Manziel has a ton of talent, he has all the off field concerns, and his first instinct when he feels pressure is to run. Teddy's first instinct is to pass. Teddy is a complete QB with no flaws. The only thing that people can legitimately worry about is his weight. Weight didn't seem to worry a lot of people with regards to Glennon.

IMO Carr and Bortles should be at best mid-first round picks, if not the bottom. Manziel shouldn't be much higher. Teddy is the ONLY one who deserves to be a top 5 pick. I don't care what offensive system a team uses, I think they'd have to be morons to take any of the other QBs over Teddy unless between now and the draft it comes out that he's a serial killer, rapist, or is a heroin or crystal meth addict.

15. JStokes

I saw Marino play live at Syracuse when he was at Pitt. He was one of the best QBs I had ever seen and when our pick came up that year I was certain that we finally found the true heir to Namath.

The city of Pittsburgh had a cocaine problem back then, the rumors started by Shula must have seemd plausible.

_

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The best QB in the draft is frequently not half as valuable as the best overall player. This could well be one of those years where that's the case. Now throw in the fact that nobody really knows if Bridgewater is the best QB and you get the situation we're in right now.

Is Bridgewater as good a prospect as Matt Ryan was in 2008? Well Ryan went third overall because there were at least two prospects that people thought were more valuable overall.

There's a huge amount of smoke blowing around the QB's right now and nobody knows how much of it represents real valuation and how much is obfuscation. It'll become clearer as the weeks roll past.

The Houston owner saying that Jadaveon Clowney is the best prospect to come out in the last decade is certainly organizational posturing. But how much of the posturing reflects their belief that if nobody bowls them over with an offer for the pick they have to take him?

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Being skinny was one of several factors that led to Glennon being taken in the 3rd round instead the 1st.

18. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

That and leading the NCAA in turnovers.

stinkyB likes this.
  19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I haven't read the entire thread, but here's my take.

I have concerns of Bridgewater's durability in the NFL, it's going to hurt his stock.

There is no doubt Teddy looks good in the pocket throwing the ball, he's better than most of the other QBs that are considered Rd 1 players.

The QBs being considered in Rd 1 is a jumbled mess....it's too early to make a clear choice now.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yet, at the end of the day those guys were wrong. Jake Long isn't even close to being the best at his position, and Chris Long, while a good player, isn't more valuable then Matt Ryan.

Chances are they will be wrong again with Bridgewater. I think the Bridgewater - Matt Ryan comparison is fair. Very fair.

Bridgewater with an off-season program will shed that "underweight" issue pretty quickly. If weight is his only limitation then I don't see why he's not the best QB available. He should be a top 5 pick.