How excited are you now for the NEW ERA of the NY Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, May 3, 2015.

?

How excited are you about the new era of Jets?

1. Very Excited

60 vote(s)
    59.4%
  2. Somewhat Excited

20 vote(s)
    19.8%
  3. Neutral, Not Sure Yet

16 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. Not Excited, Same Old Jets

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

We couldn't get Winston or Mariota true.

Understand how you feel but didn't get Rivers either

Mac will finds the answers. Till then we shut up and keep rowing.

2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Very excited about the direction the team is heading in. Doesn't mean I think we're winning the Super Bowl this year or anything, but very optimistic about the future.

3. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I am cautiously optimistic, we're in the honeymoon phase of this organization and we have yet to see 1 snap yet. Offseason news is a lot of fluff to me, however they do seem to be doing and saying all of the right things. At the end of the day its about results and I would be very excited to see them finally conquer the Pats and sit on top of the division for once.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

as for the poll question, it really is mixing two ways of looking at the situation. To be clear I think the new guys seem to be doing reasonably well. But until the situation at Qb improves, this team will be held back and will not impress. But I think the new FO has had very limited opportunities to upgrade. I can't blame them in short for not doing more than getting Fitz.

But having not gotten mroe than Fitz, with Smith still on the team, I can't get excited about the team.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So I wonder what this is about. Hopefully they knew it was coming before today.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 41s41 seconds ago
    Jets have fired 6 guys in personnel dept: Rick Courtright, David Hinson, Cole Hufnagel, Chris Prescott, Brendan Prophett, Seth Turner

6. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Probably prior front office carry overs that they couldn't fire until after the draft. You can't start w a whole new personel staff leading up to a draft in February ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Geno still on the team so not that excited.

westiedog1 likes this.
  8. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Somewhat Excited

Hard to start planning for the playoffs with such a big question mark at QB. However, I am definitely interested.

xxedge72x likes this.
  9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

This is how I feel. Keeping in mind this is a team with a 1st year coach and a 1st year gm, and not coming off any recent success, I feel this will be a growing pains season. Not expecting immediate success, however the work they've done on the roster is very promising and the arrow is pointing up right now. Still looking forward to seeing what they can do with this group.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we were 4-12 last year and have drastically upgraded the roster, how can any folks not be excited? this doesn't mean we are a SB team but 2 of the last 3 years we won 6 & 4 games and we haven't seen a postseason since 2010. this is the most talented roster since 2010.

Brook! likes this.
  11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Probably as excited as I was when Rex first got here.

Mac has filled out this roster very nicely, the defense appears it will be very stout and the offense should be improved.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this year.

Much more so than last year.

_

Brook! and stinkyB like this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Champ is right. The Jets likely won't win Super Bowl 50. Fire everybody?

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a lot of excitement to see how this season plays out. Hearing Mac and Bowles speak, seeing the quiet, professional way they go about their jobs, definitely inspires confidence, builds hope, and some level of trust. I really liked his moves in FA. I like the way he is making the Personnel and Scouting Dept. his and clearing out dead wood. I honestly was disappointed with the draft, but there were things I liked as well, and the bottom line is that no GM is perfect, and no plan always succeeds. There are always bumps in the road and one has to adjust or go to plan B. I think Mac is showing that he has a plan, but also has contingency plans and is prepared for any eventuality. I like the contacts he has with other teams. The trade up in the 4th one spot to get the QB before Cleveland is just one example of that. I definitely like 90% of what I've seen so far. Since it's the Jets, there is or perhaps should be some healthy skepticism until things actually play out the way we want them to. I definitely think the team has more talent, more depth, and will play much better this season than they ever would under Rex. If the draft picks pan out, especially Williams, the future defintely looks brighter. Go Jets!

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yes, relating to your quote regarding Smith, his continued presence makes it virtually impossible to be very enthusiastic. But I did want to point out that for all seen so far I am enthusiastic about Bowles even if he is a rookie HC. He has a record of success, and Arians's vouching for him strikes me as completely authentic. And I have a lot of respect for Arians, and think Bowles got a lot out of working with him. Everything Bowles has said, or NOT said, is in keeping with my high hopes for him. Sure he hasn't done anything yet in terms of games, but at this point I am enthusiastic about him. It's of course unlikely he will be perfect, but at this point I think it is reasonable to expect that Bowles will be significantly better than your average rookie HC.

15. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Yes, fire everybody every year until you win the Super Bowl

The Dark Knight likes this.
  16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I thank God every day that Woody did not listen to those people who said that we have to give Idiot-zik a third year!!

I Heart the Fire Idzik crew!

17. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I love everything I'm seeing so far, but as a longtime fan I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

18. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Is Mo switching #s?

20. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Ha the funny part is that Williams wore 94 at USC