How excited are you for the new season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 25, 2019.

?

How excited are you?

1. Excited. Seems like Jets are on the right path

68.0%
  2. Somewhat excited. Some good moves but not enough excitement

25.3%
  3. Not really excited. Moves were bad but we shall see

5.3%
  4. Bad moves. Not excited at all. I am a darksider anyway

1.3%
  1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I wish him well with any health issues he may be facing, I also wish he would not be such a pussy when others disagree with him. He's good to have around and is a positive force here who is a significant contributor to the site overall.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'm going with Rollo Stokes.

Acad23 likes this.
  3. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

The important thing to note is this team had almost NOTHING in the way of talent going into FA. For the most part, I like the moves they made, but it simply isn't enough. This team is currently a 6 or 7 win team at very best. This is all due to poor drafting and a new GM that seems content to play this season out status quo.

4. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

It's also important to note this team is going into training camp with fatal flaws on offense and defense. The gaping holes at corner and Center will insure the Jets miss the playoffs for yet another season. It's like ringing a dinner bell for the teams on the Jets schedule. OK, so they have NOBODY at Corner and Trumaine Johnson is flat out garbage anyway, so we are going to design a game plan that exploits their weaknesses through the air. It's so easy.

#144 NYJ1970, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  5. endydee

endydee Active Member

I’m excited, and optimistic. Darnold in his second year, building off a strong finish last year. Added some interesting pieces in Bell, Montgomery, Crowder, Mosley, and Q Williams. Gase seems to get results against the Patriots. Seems like the Jets may finally be heading in the right direction for the first time in a long time.

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Remember Waterboy with the money shot of all time:

"He was told it was a short ban and he never came back." Or something like that.

stinkyB, abyzmul and MoWilkBeast like this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm very excited.

A developing Franchise QB in Sam Darnold who's heading into his 2nd year behind the most combined talent (offense and defense) in which our Franchise has featured in a really long time.

I'm skeptical about Gase but in Miami he didn't have a QB/RB duo of Sam Darnold and Le'Veon Bell so I'll give him a clean slate.

In regards to our offense/defense it should be really fun to say the least.

As a defensive minded Jets fan it's not been often where I could throw out skilled position names such as Sam Darnold who's going to be great, Le'Veon Bell who's the #1 NFL RB in terms of all around ability, Robby Anderson as one of the leagues best deep threat speed burners, Quincy Enunwa who I really hope can return to previous form and stay healthy, Jamison Crowder who's an ideal slot receiver and Chris Herndon who led all rookie TE's last year in receptions, receiving yards and TD receptions who's now heading into his 2nd year being surrounded by a lot more offensive talent.

We may not have a great O-Line but that won't take away from my anticipation of seeing a very talented offense take the field.

#147 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019