How excited are you for the new season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 25, 2019.

?

How excited are you?

1. Excited. Seems like Jets are on the right path

68.0%
  2. Somewhat excited. Some good moves but not enough excitement

25.3%
  3. Not really excited. Moves were bad but we shall see

5.3%
  4. Bad moves. Not excited at all. I am a darksider anyway

1.3%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hey, I love God's country. !

CBG likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You would love living out here in God's country Brook... Amish buggy's, cows and corn everywhere..deer eating your landscaping, carpenter bees chewing on your deck, giant crowds at Walmart..

NY Jets68 and Brook! like this.
  3. Brook!

I would love to visit you one day Grandpa. Why don't you invite me to your next BBQ event? I will bring the Maker's Mark!

Cman68 likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sure Brook! Consider yourself invited!

Brook! likes this.
  5. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I'm more excited than I have been for many years for the forthcoming season.

I wasn't all in on the Gase hire but I'm hoping he has learnt from his experience in Miami - he seems to have, as he admits he needs a Head Coach on the Defence (G.Williams) Having Williams coaching the defence will hopefully motive the players more than Bowles. Joe Douglas seems a good fit with Gase, as they know each other from previous positions and he seems to be someone who will be knowledgeable when the draft comes round and in free agency.

Hopefully Sam continues his development this season and our free agent signings and draft picks will all pan out and we can put a good team out on the field.

Can't wait for the season to satrt.

chandler, NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Jonnyd's balls are 0-48 in bringing the VLT to the NYJs.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You forgot the :mad::mad::mad:

Baumeister, CotcheryFan and Brook! like this.
  8. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Their moves were shit. Way too little additions of players on a roster with damn near ZERO talent. The last time the Jets went to the playoffs in 2011, they had a team that was much more than just talented offensive and defensive players. They had talent in so many other areas. That team had Brad Smith running the Seminole offense and was also used as a kickoff returner. That team had great supporting players like Eric Smith and Drew Coleman. That team had great and deadly special teams. This team has ZERO supporting players and their ST was just stripped bare. This team also has enormous talent deficiencies at CB and Center. This team simply isn't good enough given that Mac fucked the roster up so bad that it's virtually devoid of talent. 7-9 is the very best this shit, talent deficient team can hope for.

9. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Who shit in that guy’s cereal?

FJF likes this.
  10. Dierking

You don’t see “great” and “Drew Coleman” in the same sentence very often.

stinkyB, FJF, abyzmul and 1 other person like this.
  11. Brook!

Shut up and vote!

12. Dierking

Peer pressure is never cool brook

AJW and Brook! like this.
  13. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just kidding. :)

I'm always excited for the season to start, but my excitement always disappears after week 4 for some reason....But I do see where a lot of the older fans are coming from, especially with not being excited. I think the thing I appreciate the most about the older fans here is the fact that they are still following the team after many years of misery. Kudos to yall.

Brook! likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Champ trying to take back his Darksider crown, Cman having none of it. :mad::mad::mad:

15. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

My excitement is tempered. I look forward to see Sam and Quinnen play but realize that not all the positions are filled adequately on this team.

Next year tho.....

16. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

somewhat....the team still has plenty of holes, but the front office overhaul should bear some fruit before the regular season starts.

as for the fins fans who say look at what gase did in miami,
    they remind me of the browns fans back in the 90s who villified bellicheat , especially after he got rid of kosar.

what gase did in miami, with tanny supplied players, has little relevance to here. :eek:

AJW likes this.
  17. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

So what is it, are they devoid of talent or were all their moves shit?

Crowder is Shit?
    Bell is Shit?
    Mosley is Shit?
    Osemele is Shit?

Which ones?

Better bet, another troll from Buffalo or some other dreck city

18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i'm pretty dam excited. the o-line still worries me a bit but outside of that i think our roster is great. darnold has the best group of WRs the jets have had in a long time with anderson, Q, and crowder not to mention herndon at TE. darnold looks really special to me i'm excited for his year 2 jump. not to mention we got a top 3 RB in bell too who can catch and run routes like a WR. the defense is pretty stacked too. outside of CB2 we are looking good so we'll have to gameplan to help out roberts but tru should bounce back and poole is a good CB3 and i think nickerson will contribute more. plus adams and maye on the back end. and i really think we nailed this draft. polite should be a good edge rusher for us and q paired with leo and anderson on the line just sounds nasty. plus mosely in the middle and running the defense. this is probably the best roster we've had top to bottom and i love the new coaching staff with gase and williams and finally having an offensive head coach.

19. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I think the Jets starting lineup is good enough to make the playoffs. However, their depth is atrocious (and at some spots nonexistent) so they will need to get very lucky with injuries.

It’s actually almost the exact same way I felt about the 2015 team, which DID get very lucky with health and almost rode that superficial roster to the playoffs. The major difference is that the players are much younger and we have a potential franchise QB a instead of a journeyman. That gives us the chance to actually flesh out the roster depth in the coming years and make multiple shots at a playoff run instead of the 1 year flash in the pan that was 2015. It was pretty obvious that team was going to fall apart since it was depending on so many 30+ guys as its top players (Marshall, Decker, Revis, Harris, Mangold, etc).

With all that said, I would love to see us stay as healthy as we did that year and maybe make a run.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Another similarity between this year and 2015 is our schedule is easy. So glad we replaced Mac with Douglas, or I'd be afraid we'd get worse in 2020.

Big Cat likes this.