How excited are you for the new season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 25, 2019.

?

How excited are you?

1. Excited. Seems like Jets are on the right path

68.0%
  2. Somewhat excited. Some good moves but not enough excitement

25.3%
  3. Not really excited. Moves were bad but we shall see

5.3%
  4. Bad moves. Not excited at all. I am a darksider anyway

1.3%
  1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yes.

2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

You can split hairs all you want. I mean why would you want to be "excited" when you can just be "interested".

Because then you can start arguing about the degree of interest, wouldn't want to pigeon hole yourself as a fan you know.

Soe need to refresh their memory of what fans it means to be a fan, what gets their hopes up.

#22 LF911SC, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I believe that's spelled EKTHITED.

5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

jet fans and excited is a very dangerous combination. Proceed at your own risk.

HomeoftheJets and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

No, its spelled the same. That's just Tebow's gay accent

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What are we 13?

Either way yes, I’m excited. Dangerously excited. I’m starting to believe a little too much in the hype which can only lead to bad things. I think once August rolls around I’ll settle into somewhere between excited and cautiously optimistic.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Count me in as excited for the Jets to start. The team ( I believe) is heading in the right direction. If things break right I could see a possible WC spot this season. Worst case at least 8 wins.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No offense meant, but I hate pronouncements like the one above. With this team's sorry ass history, it's a wonder we're all not in a psych ward somewhere or at least become extremely jaded. Unless someone is a brand new Jets fan, they've had their hopes dashed at least once, if not multiple times. They've had their hearts ripped out of their chests and stomped on. At a minimum, most of us have become less enthusiastic and more circumspect. Those who can't get excited are protecting themselves from being further let down, frustrated and suffering more heartache. I entirely understand how a fan can't be excited.

There are posters on this forum who aren't excited, who are very skeptical of Gase and the Johnsons, and for good reason, yet they're good and true fans. Where we are in our cycle of excitement or skepticism is related to how long we've been a fan of this team, how many times we've felt betrayed or lied to, and whether they are an optimist or pessimist by nature or somewhere in between, and has nothing to do with whether they're a "real fan" or not. That is a simplistic platitude, that like other platitudes, has little to do with reality.

KurtTheJetsFan and ukjetsfan like this.
  10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I love NFL football. Of course I'm excited for the start of the season. I like the direction the team is headed in.

The changes that were made this offseason were mostly made by management that failed terribly. This is year 1 for the coaching staff and year zero for the GM and team management. Teams can take huge leaps in year 2 of a rebuild. This is year 1. I want to see development and I want to see this years team improved in the offseason. The arrow is heading in the right direction.

Next years FA and draft will probably tell us more about the Jets future than this season.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  11. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm as excited as I was before the 1999, 2003 and 2011 seasons.

But I'm not going to let that spoil my anticipation! I think we have our quarterback. This COULD be the start of a special time for Jets fans.

12. ukjetsfan

This too. I love the Jets, but I also really love the NFL. Even when the Jets are awful, Im able to get an awful lot of pleasure out of other games. I can't wait for the new season to start. This is the best sport in the world, by some distance.

13. ukjetsfan

Come on, man! ;)

14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Maybe I am a little to optimistic but I honestly think the Jets have a franchise QB and Darnold will take the next step this season. But I have been a fan of this team for a long time so I realize their could easily be another Charlie Brown trying to kick the football from Lucy moment with this team.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  15. Until the disease known as Brady & Bellicheat are either gone or severely humbled i dont really get excited anymore. Too many seasons have ended in pure misery..

i love my jets but the only thing that keeps me coming back is the dash of hope that we might someday get revenge & shut the smug cheaters up.That hope is usually eliminated by Halloween.

16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Being a darksider is just plain hooey dreamed up by he wacko dreamers pn this board:mad:

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Got a very long way to go to catch them when U realize the Pats have 6 SBs & we have won 1 when we were a AFL team :mad:

18. Im well aware champ..and if i wasnt the parasites where i live remind me all too often.I just hope one day we can both smile

mrjet80 likes this.
  19. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I'm more excited about next off-season to see how the new GM and his staff do to improve the team, especially the OL.

I'm looking forward to seeing the continued development of Sam but I'm not excited because this OL may get him hurt or may not let him fully develop if he's running for his life every play.

I'm looking forward to seeing crazy eyes becoming the genius HC and QB developer everyone claims he is instead of the little bitch that traded away his best WR and starting RB and mis-used Drake to the point where his last 2 years combined he rushed for less yards than Ajayi did in 2016, insulted ownership to the point where they dumped him. I'm pumping the brakes on a guy that is 2 games under .500 in his 3 years in Miami and hope he understands second chances like he got here don't come around very often. Show me he's a changed person and a good coach and I'll start to get excited. Cautiously optimistic is a better term than "excited".

Vida and mrjet80 like this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Champ can't smile.

The best you'll get is a grimace.

BrowningNagle and KurtTheJetsFan like this.