How ESPN Ditched Journalism And Followed Skip Bayless To The Bottom

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by VanderbiltJets, Nov 13, 2012.

1. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Tebow coverage is the equivalent of the Jersey Shore, and Skip Bayless is the TMZ of sports writers.

2. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

You got that right, though I find it funny that Mark Schelerth is talking about the Tebow fanatics putting billboards and stuff like that, yet he is part of the very network that help it get to that point.

Another thing is that he also hyped up Vince Young too, and I think he was the guy who broke the SMU scandel and also said that Steve Walsh should start over Troy Aikmen during the 90s. Also he was and still is LeBron biggest critic. He was the TMZ writer before the Tebow even came into the picture.

#22 Diddy, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Tebow fanatics did not put up a bill board. it was a PR company trying to get publicity...it worked

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

ESPN wanted you to think that the Tebow fans did it. Funny thing that Billboard was owned by a some Muslim brothers. They also did things when Elvis Dumervil got arrested and when Manning was visit Denver lol.

ESPN wants to direct the blame of Tebowmania to the Tebow fans yet they are the ones who created it. ESPN wants Merril Hoge and Skip Bayless to be on other sides of the spectrum because debate creates ratings, like Fox News. I wish Tebow would deny any interview from ESPN and I wish Tebow didn't do that stupid show "The Chosen One" and "Year of the QB" because it was generating the publicity, generating the hate.

There is a rumor that his brother, Robby, wants this attention for Tim. Tim dosn't want it, he just wants to be a QB and help people.

5. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

ESPN and journalism:rofl:

6. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

It was a group of fans and it was all over the news by the second or third week.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6...plan-anti-kyle-orton-pro-tim-tebow-billboards

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18898286

It was a guy and seven of his friends who started the movment. They had saved their money for a trip to Indianapolis Superbowl but decided to spend it on a billboard that cost about 10K.

They had their own website that voted for either Manning or Tebow, and their members voted overwhelmingly for Tim Tebow. (Surprise.)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8277e412/article/hey-broncos-fans-tim-tebow-or-peyton-manning

Now, you were right that the people were part of a company, (as mentioned in that last link, but every statement they made was that they were huge Tebow fans and supported him being made the starter 100%. They're still all about Tebow and have said so numerous times. It wasn't simply a publicity stunt.

all that fuss over a mediocre passer. I still don't get it.

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I like the Tebow discussions on ESPN. It always gets heated. Good TV, but not what I would base my opinions on.

8. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

That's why skip bayless and first take have the ratings. That Tebow birthday thing was one of the weirdest things I've seen on TV, that is why I turned it off and shook my head.

#28 Diddy, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012