How does Rex stay blame free?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KWJetsFan, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Cynic

Cynic New Member

It's our players fault. Rex is putting them in a position to win and they shit the bed every time like on that Matt Moore 1 yd td and on Sanchez' int's. You can see how disgusted he is with them on the sideline.

2. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's the truth, but it appeared today that the head coach had lost control of his team. It's been a steady decline of discipline and quality play. Blame Sanchez, blame shotty, it begins and ends with the HC. Rex told the players to take a hard look at themselves. I hope he takes his own advice.

3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

It all started with Ashomougha.....they let every other key need drag on unattended and were fixated on a guy who is NOWHERE NEAR AS GOOD as Revis. Nobody threw on the Raiders the last 5 years because they never had too.

Brad Smith, Woody, Braylon, Tony Rich -- how much did we miss them in the lockerooom ?

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I agree completely. I agree Rex has earned credibility, but the way the team folded this year is worrisome.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Braylon Edwards, Jerrico Cotchery and Brad Smith go and the receiver corps turns over.

Smith and Cotchery go and suddenly we are introduced to the concept of fumbles on kick and punt returns. A lot of them.

Damien Woody goes and we discover what it's like to play with a 4 man line instead of 5.

Rob Turner goes down in training camp and Nick Mangold in game 2 and we become one of the few teams in NFL history to plug in an undrafted rookie at Center AFTER another team cut him because he was not good enough in camp. The Jets then waive Baxter after Mangold returns, because even though their depth at Center obviously sucked he was not good enough to stay on the roster.

This season was so badly mangled by horrible management decisions that the Jets don't even know where to go to fix things. There are so many iffy pieces right now and so many pieces that could easily turn iffy in the off-season or the next training camp.

It's like the franchise is caught in quicksand with almost nothing solid to hold onto. A CB is not something you can build a franchise around even if he's one of the best of all time.

6. PA32R

PA32R Member

^^^^^This captures it.^^^^^

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

that's the point you don't get. obviously the final blame lies with the head coach, so it is completely unnecessary to state it. and since nobody is clamoring for him to be fired, it serves no purpose to state.

the point of placing blame it to identify the areas that need to be corrected. that is why people blame Sanchez, Schotty, etc. because they want them gone, but Rex to stay.

so to flip your asinine response back to you, do you really need for people to qualify their criticism of Sanchez and Schotty with "but Rex is the head coach and the final blame lies with him?"

he isn't immune from criticism, it simply serves no purpose in discussion or in action.

8. KWJetsFan

How does it serve no purpose? Is it really unnecessary to state when a majority of the posters do not blame Rex at all? What an awful response. Really? That's an awful, embarrassing response. You either put the majority of the blame on Shotty, Sanchez, or other.

Clearly people do not place the majority of the blame on Rex and you can't determine why it's not done. That is the question I'm looking to have answered which you clearly cannot determine. You choose to criticize since you can't answer. I understand. It's okay.

Again, even today if you look at the threads/posts, Rex seems immune from a majority of the criticism. Today, it's Shotty, Holmes and Sanchez for the most part.

But hey.....thanks for trying to contribute.

9. KWJetsFan

Since you clearly are overwhelmed with the question, I'll simplify it for you.

It isn't unnecessary to state it since Rex, the majority (not literally) of the time, by the majority of the fans, takes little to no blame at all for the season. I'm curious why that is? Final blame, to the majority of the fans here, clearly does not lie with the head coach, unless that is your opinion and yours alone.

10. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

Rex has proven this year ( to me):

-he is unable to motivate and discipline this team
    -he is unable to see the faults of the team and make improvements( schotty/ fa's/draft/sanchez)
    - i personally question his football intelligence
    - he should kiss BB's rings

11. dustykeller

dustykeller Banned

Rex guides the team to 2 straight AFC title games. No other Jets coach has done this in the history of the franchise.

And this is how quickly you clowns want to throw him under the bus?

I thought I joined TGG, but I must've taken a wrong turn somewhere and ended up at JetsInsider.

12. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

we BACKED INTO the playoffs past 2 years,,,,,we DOMINATE NOBODY
    we OVERACHIEVED past 2 years and team has caved in talent wise and strategically.
    i understand the arguement...i just have felt we are an average nfl team past 3 years.
    curtis painter win 2 years ago and the cleveland/lions game last year...we are 0/3 playoffs

13. KWJetsFan

Thanks for making my point.

I'm not sure why Rex can't be criticized?

14. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

Rex really cant be bothered with changing OC/QB....too much work..he needs to be home by 5 to eat dinner. Rex is in "milking" mode....ride it until you get fired..and anytime you get questioned,, bring up the 2 afcc games like he won 2 SB's

15. rock316nyj

rock316nyj Member

I agree...Rex is a fantastic coach and a great players coach, but no question he needs to become more of a disciplinarian. He has shown too much loyalty to guys undeserving of it, and it will be his downfall if he doesn't adjust. He is a smart enough man to know that changes must be made at safety, RT, and OC, and can't see him ignoring that.

The problem lies in the lack of leadership, not Rex. Rex and all the talk and bravado are fine when there is that veteran presence to keep the locker room in line. This year everything just turned into a media circus with nobody to keep some egos in line. Either we need to add some veteran leaders, or hope that harris/revis/mangold/dbrick start to truly take over as leaders in that locker room.

16. rock316nyj

rock316nyj Member

Forgot Ellis/Jenks/Digs

17. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I think this season showed just how much Rex needs to start getting involved with ALL aspects of the team and not just the defensive side, seems to me like he never knows whats happening on the offensive side which shouldn't happen when your a HEAD COACH. Its like hes still in Defensive coordinator mode.

18. AlbanyJets

AlbanyJets New Member

Asomugha is a tremendous player, but he's best in man defense and the Eagles used him in zone. That's why he seemed like a disappointment.

It all started with the Jets incorrectly assessing where they were in the success cycle. Two trips to the AFC Championship Game, fun as they were, convinced the Jets that they were a title-caliber team that just needed one star to push them over the top.

What they were was an above average team that needed more talent across their roster to compete for a title...instead, while they were pursuing the "splash signing," they lost talent from their roster, which has dropped them to mediocre.

19. Steelerstone

Steelerstone New Member

How does Rex stay blame free?

Two reasons:
    1. His last name
    2. His schtick didn't lose it's luster until a few weeks ago, next year will be a different story.

20. KWJetsFan

Granted, the Jets could have been 5-11, or whatever. I know it could be worse.

My point is they were one game (half) from getting to the SB (two years in a row). The team took a huge step back (11-5 to 8-8). If the Cowboys lose tonight, then they will have gone an entire season without beating a single team with a winning record.

They pulled a classic SOJ collapse (8-5, control of your own destiny, to 8-8).

Players (Holmes ....a captain no less), quit on Rex.

There are a lot of glaring holes (O-line, LB speed, safety, pass rusher, WR) with this team.

This is not a team, even if a few of the holes are plugged, that will compete for a SB next year. I feel the Jets have taken a big step back. Let's say they go 2 years without a playoff appearance, will the Rex/Sanchez supporters still be here.

I think the shit cycle may have started again.