How do our three biggest holes not get addressed?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DepressedJet, Apr 29, 2012.

1. You've provided NOTHING tangible to support your argument other than suggesting that it's a popularity contest & that you personally think the Bills players are better.

I'm not even sure why I'm wasting my time. You clearly are here for the wrong reasons...& Jet fans should have no pity on your mickey mouse franchise. Can't wait for our annual sweep of your second class town's excuse for a football team.

2. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Here are some things tangible.

From ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/tag/_/name/andy-levitre

From Pro Football Focus, one of the most respected websites around, saying that Levitre should be in the pro bowl.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/11/30/pro-bowl-cheat-sheet-week-12/

Happy now?

3. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

can someone explain to me again why we are discussing the bills and their cast of horrific players in a jets draft thread???

:eek:fftopic:

4. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Hate to break it to you, but it's not 2007 anymore. Look at their roster.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It is obnoxious when fans of other teams hijack important threads about the Jets to talk about how great their shitty little team is.

6. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Actually, if you could read for comprehension, you'd notice that I was addressing a Tebot and his obsession with the option "O" as he calls it. I bolded it for you.

At least the Bills don't have Jabba the Jest as their HC.

There were a lot of quality OLers in this draft. You can choose NOT to believe that if you want, but that's the consensus of the "media experts" as well as the NFL GMs who did the choosing. In addition to Kalil, Rieff went in the first, and Pitt scooped up DeCastro, considered the best guard prospect to come out of college in about a decade. Two more OTs, Glenn and Martin, went in the first ten picks in round two.

Furthermore, I never said the the Bills had a good OL. In fact, their OTs sucked last year which is why they went heavy with OL in the draft. The Jets' guards are older and/or mediocre. Last season I think both were hurt at least part of the year, and the Jets' depth was woeful. DeCastro would have been a major upgrade who would have helped the running game because he plays right guard, and most teams are "right handed". In other words, the Jets passed on a great talent because they thought they needed a DE with questionable motivation more.

The Bills offense was specifically designed to minimize poor OT play. Fitzpatrick was only sacked 22 times because he used 3 step drops and got rid of the ball fast. That meant that the Bills couldn't use longer developing plays, so their playbook was limited. Until other teams figured out what the Bills were doing -- for about the first 7 or 8 games -- their offense sailed along. The lesson here is that gimmick offenses don't work for long in the NFL, which brings me to this:

Again, read my post about Barf for Barkley at the beginning of this post again. I was responding to the Tebot who is obsessed with the Jets running an option offense to accommodate Tebow. Do you really think the Jets, or any NFL team, would succeed running the option as their base offense for long?

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

QUOTE=Catt_County;2485680]Actually, if you could read for comprehension, you'd notice that I was addressing a Tebot and his obsession with the option "O" as he calls it. I bolded it for you.[/QUOTE]

you serious? If you could please go back and read what I quoted, you clearly said Fitz was better than the two QBs the Jets have. If you were referring to McElroy and Tebow I made a bad assumption but I have a feelin lg you meant Sanchez and Tebow thus I can read for comprehension and looks like you don't even know what you type. It's probably a good idea to reread your own words and understand the implications before calling out someone else about them. :)

I was referring to thenfirst sentence of this "Yeah, he is, and he's considerably better than the two QBs the Jests have,especially your hero, Timmie. You keep your hopes pinned on the Jests running the "option O" ... they'll be in the Barf for Barkley sweepstakes for most of the season."

#167 displacedfan, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  8. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

If we somehow get a pass rushing OLB and a safety, I'll feel alot better about this offseason. Right now, I feel liek we got good players that fill needs that weren't as pressing as others.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

There are many ways to build a football team. The Jets, like the Bills don't have a great QB. What the Jets do have is a fantastic secondary. You can make a strong argument that putting guys in front of Revis and Cro who will disrupt will pay bigger dividends than putting another young lineman in front of a second tier QB.

The Jets have chosen to build an elite D and push the oppositions D away from the LOS with outside speed. There is nothing wrong with that approach particularly when you have 2 1st round top tier NFL players on your OL, a very good right guard and some young developing players to fill out RT and back up along the LOS.

Most experts and NFL GM's are second rate guys who have done nothing when it comes to evaluating or developing talent. There are a handful of guys who consistently evaluate and develop talent.

You're second guessing just like the rest of us. I feel for you, you support a team that doesn't have one of those handfulls of great GM's and HC. We may not either but the facts are we have been more competitive and have fielded a more complete team than the Bills for years.

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. You speak like Gailey's offense was one-trick pony that couldn't pull its head out once the tricks are figured out. He made a very good production out of a perennial backup QB, unlike some you-know-who, who RUINED the HoF calibre QBs year in and year out.

2. Don't think the entire Jets fan base is drooling over that option shit Teebo brings. Teebo is just like Jeremy Lin - both can't make plays either with their head or their arms so they have to rely on their legs. That is such a crippling limitation regardless of what sports you play. You had better hope Jets stick to Teebo as long as they can - Jets will suck big time as long as that happens.

11. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

Bills fans you have nothing to brag about. You havent made the playoffs in over a decade and dont think much is gonna change this season just because you signed 1 DE. GTFOH you guys are hilarious.

and stop bragging about your Oline... The Jets have 3 pro bowlers and the Bills have none. woulda.. shoulda... coulda.. YOU HAVE NO PRO BOWL LINEMAN SO STFU!!! end of story. you suck. go fuck yourself. I dont understand how these guys dont get banned for trolling??

#171 dmarz45, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Three big holes, eh?
    *butthead laugh*

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I just have to hope that the Jets in fact will make very little use of the option. I wish I could tell myself that is true. As it is we just have to hope, that and hope that Sanchez does not crap the bed again this year.

14. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

if you could put the time and mental energy spent on this thread together,,you could have developed the next APPLE

15. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

You should ask your friends. They've got an idea on how to fill holes