How did you discover The Gang Green?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dinobot 2, Feb 16, 2006.

1. ingenius

ingenius New Member

a friend from college

2. Mac

Mac New Member

Hi to all .. Just signed up earlier today. I was online trying to find a radio link for the Championship matches last night and just started a nostalgia trip on past superbowls, no prizes for guessing which early Superbowl is in my all time top 5 then I just kinda ended up on here..

Been a football fan since Channel 4 in the UK started broadcasting it's programme around '82.

Although predominantly a fan of the game I always carried a soft spot for the Jets as your whole history shows a heart and soul that just draws you in.. unlike some of the franchises that move around and seem to dislocate their whole identity.

Aiming to hang around and expand my technical knowledge of the game by following what's going on, courtesy of you guys I hope..

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Welcome!! You will find many different points of view on here. Don't be afraid to jump right into the conversation!!

4. Mac

Mac New Member

Cheers, I appreciate the welcome... I suspect that although I've watched the game from afar for 25 or so years.. what I know compared with you guys could fit on the back of a postage stamp but I'll chip in here and there from time to time I'm sure..

Slainte..

5. hoping4aSuperBowl

hoping4aSuperBowl New Member

found it off jetscentral.com

6. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

was looking for a site about gangrene.

7. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

I found it on Google right after Leon Washington was drafted. I wanted to let the Jets Nation know what kind of a player we had just drafted.

8. jetsman22

jetsman22 Banned

google :drunk:

9. navybratcheers

navybratcheers New Member

moved to nj from san diego so had to find a new fav team!

10. alngtheway

alngtheway Member

went searching for jet message boards to see what was going on with the team and came across this. read for a while before posting though. enjoying the board though i guess ill have to be careful to always post in the correct place...seems to be a sensitive issue around here...

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I found it by searching for message boards too. I am as frustrated a Jet fan as you will ever find. I bet on (and obviously won) Joe Willie in 1969. I have had nothing but heartache since. I'm no happier now either. A lot of you buy into this Mangini/Tannebaum thing. I don't. Not yet anyway. It's nice to care about character but you don't make it your primary onjective. If you do it's a sign of weakness. Every team has problem players to deal with. The sign of a good coach is being able to handle it. Can you imagine if Joe Torre only wanted high character athletes? It's the same with not investing in quality free agents. We started this off season 20 million under the cap. With the cuts and future retirement of Curtis Martin it will be closer to 30. What have we done? Nothing. Are we in a money saving mode now? I know Johnson is nothing like Leon Hess was but is he really that cheap? If we keep this up we will be a second rate place team forever.

12. Jets Babe

Jets Babe New Member

im a regular at jets insider, and i love it there. some people over there post here. just looking for another place to post at. why not, right?

13. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Heh, suddenly felt the urge to advise us of that after realising you needed 9 more Jets posts to put pics in bullshit? I know your game, chickadee!

14. Jets Babe

Jets Babe New Member

no, actually, i wanted to post a link to something. i also was going to post a jet-related thread yesterday, but it wouldnt let me. i just wanted to know what was wrong.

15. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Was just giving you an opportunity to respond and therefore boost your count by 1 :wink:

16. Jets Babe

Jets Babe New Member

awesome! +1

17. Canadian

Canadian New Member

I found it when I typed in Jets message board in google

18. diehardjetfan

diehardjetfan New Member

freind sent me link

:jets: can never seem to get enough info about our team

19. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

God, God led me to discover the gang green.

20. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

was looking for another place to get more info about the jets...a friend told me this was the best place to go!