How Did It Go Bad So Quickly?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, May 18, 2019.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Now I see why Macc drafted him! He'll fit right in with the idiots we already have!

2. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

:D

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

that's a maturity thing though and can be coached out of him. the important part is the talent is there and when he wants to, he has a high motor. I seen one play where he fell for a fake on a run play and the RB got by him easily off the edge. he turned around and chased the RB down and tackled him like 20 yards downfield. he also has a good amount of PR moves already and is nasty going for the QB. he's got quite a ways to go before ebing an everydown player but he's a 3rd rounder who we can use this year as a situational rusher who should be much better then luvu or copeland at it. I'd imagine jenkins and copeland start as the more complete OLbs and luvu/polite rotate on rushing downs

Footballgod214 likes this.
  4. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I wish I had that much free time :(
    I only watched the highlight reel that was posted here on TGG and that was of course a best of the best.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"You are what your record says you are."

Cman68, Jets69 and CBG like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think very few people here have any real "faith" in Gase, and even fewer the Johnsons. It's that we have some hope that maybe just once, things won't turn to shit, and it's hard to have no hope this late in the offseason. If things do wind up turning to shit, there will be plenty of time to grouse about it and be upset then. Why get worked into a dither now for something that might not even happen?

NYJetsO12, cval and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Macc was lousy at his job. Just this week one of his first round picks was shipped off to KC and another of his picks was cut today. I'll give Gase a mulligan on this last week drama. But it was good that a fresh set of eyes evaluated Macc personnel history. Because the Johnson's sure wasn't.

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I get what your saying, I appreciate your optimism. I do.

I've just seen this story before. Too many times. So, as I wish I had the same level of hope as some of you, I'm deflated at this point. I haven't felt a sense of hope with this team since Rex Ryan was at the helm to be honest. Darnold gave me hope too, but I'm worried that this window we have is about to be thrown away, and for what? You spend all this time trying to find your FQB, we finally seem to have hope within that, but now we are looking at a very dark possibility, and I'm scared Darnold will be ruined along the way.

I get it though man. I do. I appreciate you and a lot of posters on here, I'm typically right there with you guys, I just can't do it right now.

9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

GM’s don’t play on the field. They buy the groceries and hand them over to the chef.

Now the chef has to make me an omelet.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

I understand. I've been where you are more than once. Hopefully, we'll have reason to be optimistic and have hope once the season begins.

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You’re just not paying attention if you think it’s only Jets fans calling this a shit show. The Jets are the laughingstock of the league right now and are being called dysfunctional every time you turn around.

I get being positive about everything is your schtick but this is as bad as it’s ever been man and that’s saying a lot considering Jets history.

12. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Why didn't I think of that? ;)

Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

If Mike Lombardi is correct, no the Jets are not the laughingstock of the league right now. It's only the slack hack beat writers that are pushing that agenda and some panicked fans.

#53 NCJetsfan, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
  14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I agree. When actual football people are interviewed they all love this move.

15. Attackett

Well fans have a right to be panicked, the Jets have a crazed lunatic running things right now who failed in his first job because he was a crazed lunatic and seems to have learned nothing from that experience.

Even if Gase turns out to be a good coach, which I think is possible. We still have an owner that freely admits he couldn’t handle a rudimentary task of hiring both a GM and HC at the same time. So instead of hiring someone that can he brings back the GM, lets him assist with hiring the HC, lets him spend 100 mil and use an extremely valuable 3rd pick in the draft and then fires him after.

You can’t make that shit up.

16. NCJetsfan

We all have our limitations. The problem is that many don't realize what their limitations are, or overestimate their abilities. I think it was wise of Chris to realize that he wasn't capable of hiring both. At least he realizes what he doesn't know. Woody would have thought he was capable of hiring both, would have hired both, and both would have been clusterfucks. I think there's hope that Chris is learning what it takes to be a good owner, and is realizing that he needs to hire someone knowledgeable and experienced to run the team. That gives me hope that he will hire a VP of Football Operations to make these kinds of determinations and decisions. I like that he wants leadership in his new GM.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Attackett

It only would’ve been wise if he both realized he couldn’t handle it AND did something about it, like hire someone that can handle both tasks. As it stands it’s gross incompetence to allow someone you only kept because you couldn’t handle the task of replacing him to run the most important Jets offseason in years.

We are extremely lucky that Mac did a good job this offseason and didn’t set the franchise back years with his moves.

18. ColoradoContrails

Believe me, I've been where you are! In fact, just prior to Macc being fired, I was in that space, trying to be hopeful, but having just witnessed yet another BPA-DL, with major holes not filled between FA and the draft. And I've never been a fan of Gase. But...a big part of the problem has been Macc and his inability to fill the team with talent. Secondly, unless Chris found Gase screwing his wife (or girlfriend, don't know if he's married), he wasn't going to fire him before a single game was played, so I'm in the "accept him for now" mode. Yes, it's troubling that within hours of being made acting GM he shipped a player off, and then cut another, but neither are franchise-affecting moves. And all the "stories" about him stabbing Macc in the back are just that - stories. Certainly he said something to Chris, and if you want to label that "backstabbing", okay, but the outcome was good and necessary, and sometimes you have to take action despite the "optics". Macc deserved to be fired for a long time now. Gase has a reputation that's easy to invoke and blame, and maybe it's even right to do so, but Macc had to go anyway.

Bottom line though is I understand your fear that we're just entering yet another annual revival of the Jets Shit Show, and I can't blame you. All I can do is caution against over reaction, because there's a decent possibility this could work out well in the long run, and if it doesn't, well we're used to that.

Hang in there, I always enjoy your posts even when we disagree.

NYJetsO12, IIMeanDeanII and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

I always gave you credit for being smarter than the idiot "experts" in the sports media. Was I wrong?

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

a 5th round TE who couldn't stay healthy? hardly anything to fret over. and gase trading lee was dumb. lee was the best player he could have picked by far. the rest of the avilable players that draft were well below lee. literally it was the BPA 3 years in

boozer32 likes this.