How Did It Go Bad So Quickly?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, May 18, 2019.

1. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

I was going to cancel my Sunday ticket, but I'm compelled to keep it so I can witness the nfl's greatest shit show unfold. Is it possible that the organization can completely implode before Halloween? I think that would be awesome to see.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

It did not go bad quickly. It has been bad and many didn't see it. The problems that were always there got brought to the forefront.

3. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

"How Did It Go Bad So Quickly?"

Obviously, you haven't been paying attention for the past 50 years.

Jets69 and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Something ends...something new begins.

"The Past is History , The Future a Mystery"

I say be happy now

#24 NYJetsO12, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Mr mittens and boozer32 like this.
  5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The real question is why care whether or not Gase likes the signings and draft picks? I don't.

Dude got FIRED by Miami he should be happy he has a HC job.

Instead in the span of a few weeks he becomes this all-powerful figure inside the organization. It's really unbelievable that this can happen.

#25 WarriorRB28, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    IIMeanDeanII and boozer32 like this.
  6. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It really is amazing how this has all worked out. Just goes to show the incompetence of the Johnsons and the Jets' leadership. Gase should have been lucky to get an OC job after the debacle in Miami, yet here we are giving him total control over the franchise. At least this will be entertaining to a certain degree to watch it all fall apart this season, because that's the only entertainment we're going to get out of this.

At least we have those spiffy new uniforms, though. Seems like more thought went into that than did the staffing of the front office and the coaching staff.

IIMeanDeanII, Ralebird and Acad23 like this.
  7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Gase didn't fire Mac, Johnson did. Johnson saw Mac try to seize control of the HC during the hiring process. Mac was trying to bring in an inexperienced HC and hire his staff. Johnson made the decision to hire Gase. Johnson decided that Mac was indecisive and trying to sabotage Gase through passive aggresively shielding him out of any decision making. Johnson saw it clearly. Mac looked like he was doing a hostage tape during the draft.

Gase will or won't be checked based on results, just like every HC in the NFL. Mac being fired was the right thing based on him trying to sabotage the new HC the way he sabotaged Bowles.

Teams hire and fire GM's and HC all the time. Who fills the opening is the only thing that matters.

The narrative that Gase fired Mac is simply wrong. Mac overplayed his hand and the owner finally got it.

FJF, Jets69, Mr mittens and 5 others like this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Any dude that's an NFL HC who doesn't want to have some control over their success or failure is going to fail. If you want a HC who's just happy to be here enjoy the 4 and 12 seasons.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This site belongs on TNT. We know drama.

boozer32 likes this.
  10. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I sure hope so. The Jets are long overdue for getting something right. We've seen owners reckless firings with Pete Carroll getting canned and Kottite hired. Then we thought the Jets were on solid footing with Parcells coming onboard and his natural successor BB taking over. That went wrong immediately. So here we are still trying to get it right.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

From someone who has five of my guys on this team, this is a major downer. Sam came from a coaching shit show at USC, to an even bigger one in the Jets. Guess we can at least say, he chose USC in spite of the turmoil, he had no choice here.

Please don’t ruin him.

#31 TrojanPride, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    GasedAndConfused likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I am sadly not that excited anymore for our current future. I was a few weeks ago but with mac gone, no GM, and gase's quotes i have a bad feeling gase is going to turn the jets into the fins and shit on the best window we have (darnold on a rookie deal) to make a real playof push. I liked him as a coahc and offensive mind when we hired him and he said all the right things about learning from his mistakes in miami and sticking to coaching, but his actions here are repeating the same mistakes. he's a hot head and a control freak who makes rash decisions and i'm not a fan of that happening. i liked mac, he was calm, cool, collected, and everything he did was thought out deeply. I don't get that feeling from gase

boozer32 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Please explain to me how this is a "shit show"?

The GM was fired after MANY have been calling for his firing for years now. Let's say Gase had a hand in the firing, which I'm positive he did, so what? If Gase was hired to turn this franchise around and help Darnold turn into a star, what is wrong with him not seeing eye to eye with the GM, who was already on the hot seat? And it is easy for people to blame the new guy on the block, but something tells me there has been a growing rift with ownership and Mac for a couple years now. Him not going after more offensive lineman and losing out on Barr I think was the last straw.

We hired Gase for a refreshed look with an offensive mind. If he wasn't seeing on the same level as Mac, then I'm glad they are no longer together.

14. Falco21

And btw, as many on here know, I did not want Mac to be fired and think he did a pretty good job as GM.

But to call this a "shit show" is ridiculous.

NYJ_Jax28 likes this.
  15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I watched all those vids you posted...kind of scary how many plays or parts of plays he takes off. The one that sticks out is he comes around and knocks the ball loose form the QB, then dances with his back to the play while the ball is still live and the other players not named Polite are running around trying to get it.

I like the highlite tapes a lot better! lol

16. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

You can’t be serious.

BacktoQueens and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  17. Falco21

I'm very serious. And awaiting your answer

How is this a shit show? Whether you agree with him being fired or not, please explain why this is a shit show? Because the only people calling it that are Jets fans looking for somehting to complain about and freak out about, as they have been doing for 20+ years

jonnyd and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

No, It's logical and has been stressed endlessly at this point.

Believe what you want, we will see how this all turns out soon enough.

The faith in this guy is insane. The faith in these owners is insane.

Writing is on the wall.

Time will tell, eh?

CBG likes this.
  19. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

That's an easy one. Because "Sooner or later, you are who your record says you are."

CBG likes this.