How can we beat the Pats?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Tony, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

LOL come on we all know Winston you actually are a Mongoloid. He should get points for a funny put down. I am just saying............... :lol:

#121 Miamipuck, Sep 5, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  2. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

Great article all-in-all...but if the game is in Foxboro Sunday the angry Jets Fans riding around in schoolbusses in East Rutherford might have a reason to be a little more angry.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I think the Jets have a great shot to keep this game close. As we all know if they can keep the game close one luck break or two and the game is won.

However, I have a real difficult time projecting anything till I see how this O-line handles itself during a real game against arguably the best 3-4 line in all of Football.

I am nowhere near as concerned about the other side. I think the D will be just fine given the schemes and such. I think this game will come down to how much Schott and Chad can exploit the back 8 of the Pats with an extra attention paid to their somewhat slow LB's.

4. patschick

patschick New Member

That's the part of the post you decided to key in on?? I preempted my post stating that she got the location wrong. However I thought it was a good breakdown of the game. But if that's what you found to be the most interesting sentence, so be it.

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

To be fair, it does take away from her credibility a good bit if she doesn't know where the game is going to be played.

BTW, post pics. :up:

6. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Thats alot of lucky horseshoes and crossed fingers.
    The Pats will dominate us on both sides of the ball , unless Mangini hasn't shown his full hand which I doubt.
    We have 2 players playing LG that are still learning , wheather they are any good remains to be seen still.
    We have a new HB that MAY play due to injury.
    Chad looked awefull , why?????
    We have no pass rush , at all and stopping the run , Brandon Jacobs looked like a HOFer.

I keep trying to look for positives , but either I'm over-thinking things or this could be a very horrible start to the season.

7. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

I didn't go through all the replies, but look for the jets to come out no huddle again and go after Gay/Merriweather. jets need to score early and get the crowd going. If they don't, we'll all be just waiting for the Pats to score and break our opening day hearts.

8. patschick

patschick New Member

She does know a lot about the sport - and she later posted this:

Corrections:

BTW, due to a Big Time Blonde Moment last night I made a couple of really dumb errors in the above post. No excuses, but I am battling like, the worst flu in a decade right now. (But if you think I took some damage, you should see the bus that hit me.) The corrections follow:

1. Yes I know that Sunday's game will be played at the Meadowlands if for no other reason than because Gillette Stadium isn't located in New Jersey.

2. The Jets were successful against the Pats not when they pressured their own QB, Chad Pennington, (that is, unless the Jets have some funky locker room ritual I don't know about). The key to victory was when they pressured Tom Brady (a guy that last time I checked worked for us). They also were successful when they executed well on third down and in the red zone.

Please forgive the mindless errors and if you find any more, let me know. Oh, and telepathically transport over some NyQuil while you're at it.

9. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

:pats_suck:

10. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Solid effort, patschick.

You are a lot kinder in your assessment of Vilma than are many Jets fans.

11. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

THROWING WHERE RODNEY IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN THAT GAME, and throw to baker alot, our defense has to play the way they play.

we have to score or get great field position on the pats because the pats special teams is suspect.

12. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Who cares if they're good - if we can smuggle both of them onto the field at the same time it's problem solved! :wink:

13. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7068358?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

Football Outsiders: Special teams rankings
    1. Chicago Bears (23)
    2. Buffalo Bills (1)
    3. San Diego Chargers (21)
    4. New England Patriots (27)

11. New York Jets (30)

mind you this is Fox Sports...

this one seems more accurate:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/news/story?id=2720363

1. Chicago: The Bears have the best combination of kickers, coverage teams and by far the most dangerous returner. Rookie Devin Hester scored six touchdowns as a returner. Punter Brad Maynard has been very solid with a net average of 37.6 yards. Kicker Robbie Gould has been excellent.

2. San Diego: The Chargers have the best combination of kickers in the league with punter Mike Scifres netting 38.2 yards and kicker Nate Kaeding hitting nearly 90 percent of his field goal attempts. They have made few big plays with their returners (Eric Parker on punts, Michael Turner on kickoffs) but they have been sure-handed.

3. Baltimore: The Ravens have one of the more balanced special-teams units. Punter Sam Koch netted 37.6 yards. Veteran kicker Matt Stover missed only two field goal attempts. Corey Ivy and Mark Clayton have filled in for injured return man B.J. Sams. They have the speed to hit a crease effectively.

4. New York Jets: Punter Ben Graham has a strong leg and netted 38.3 yards. Kicker Mike Nugent has been excellent since a rough early start. Because of an injury to Tim Dwight, Leon Washington handles the punt return duties. Justin Miller is the NFL's best kick returner (league-leading 28.3 yard average and two TDs).

5. Seattle: The Seahawks are very solid with their coverage teams. Punter Ryan Plackemeier had a 37.3-yard net average. The kicking duties are handled by Josh Brown, who has been a bit inconsistent but also has made several big kicks over the past two seasons. Returner Nate Burleson is dangerous.

6. New England: The Patriots have been solid with their special teams. Rookie kicker Stephen Gostkowski has not been pressed to make a pressure kick, but he has a strong leg. The Patriots are on their third punter, with Todd Sauerbrun now handling those duties. Kevin Faulk is effective as a punt returner, averaging 10.6 yards. Rookie Laurence Maroney averaged 28 yards per kickoff return.

#133 PMCRW, Sep 5, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hahahahaha, he was all mad and banging his keyboard I bet.

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

How can we beat the Patriots? With Santeria, chicken blood, and sacred baubles. Don't forget to dance in a circle!

16. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

You might disagree, but I think rain would hurt the Jets. I know rain on field turf doesn't quite create the havoc as it does on grass, but considering the quickness of Leon, the (lack of) speed of the Pats' LBs and the the way Chad's throws flutter even more in shaky weather (see MNF at Miami), I think the Jets need good weather more than the Pats.