How bad do you want a QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSFAN1290, Apr 2, 2009.

1. I would love to get a QB...unfortunately there is an assortment of jet fans who will never be happy w/ our QB regardless of who it is and are too scared to take a risk on a franchise guy.

2. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

People want to maximize the Jets' probability of winning. If you can't fathom this sentiment, then you're in the wrong place.

The goal of football is not to craft a plot worthy of Disney. It is to optimize your ability to win. I don't give a shit if it's home-grown, imported, descended from spaceships -- fuck. The goal is to fucking win.

And to preempt the tards from saying I'm dismissing Clemens and Ratliff, I'm not. My only argument is that quarterbacks have been, are, and will be available that have higher probabilities of success.

3. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

This is one fucking million percent correct. Jets fans are terrified of risks, when the reality is that risk-taking is exactly how you gain an edge. I have no idea how Jets fans collectively turned into pathological pussies, but it's long past time that we eviscerate that fucking cocoon.

Luckily, I actually do believe that Tanenbaum understands this.

4. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I'm with you 100% on this one.

Vick - NEVER!!! The whole team will just become a circus act with thousands of protesters at every game - just don't go there please!!!

5. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Hey maybe these protestors will fill all the empty seats......:up:

6. DennisByrd

DennisByrd New Member

LOL!!! How does 25 yr old Derek Anderson still manage to get out of bed in the morning?!!

#46 DennisByrd, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  7. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I too feel this way. People think we have this huge void at QB. It is not like Rick Mire is back there, gees.