How are you going to defend Sanchez now???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by warpedsoul, Nov 17, 2011.

1. warpedsoul

warpedsoul Active Member

Fail on my part. I'm so aggravated I confused the two names. But none the less, he needs to hold on to the ball or he will be gone.

2. Brick

Brick Member

Well said. Time to move on.

3. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Guys on NFL Network says Sanchez lost confidence in himself tonight. I'm sick to my stomach. This team loves drafting average QBs. The thing is, we can't depend on a 40 year old QB, and the third string doesn't have enough talent to take the backup role from the old has-been. We're fucked.

4. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Wayne Hunter sucks, which in turn, makes the rest of the o-line suck, which in turn makes Sanchez sucks because he has no time.

I blame everything on Wayne Hunter. And Mulligan. And Eric Smith. Fuck that guy.

5. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

Blame Sanchez?

The Jets had the lead. They gave it to their defense to keep the lead against an awful awful offensive team. They failed miserably.

I honestly feel that if Sanchez had another time out and a few more seconds he could have pulled it out. He's done it before.

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He lost confidence in this team.

7. Hooterdawg

Hooterdawg New Member

You left off Rex Ryan and Tanny. This management team doesn't cut it, either.

8. warpedsoul

warpedsoul Active Member

Even though I don't think Sanchez is the answer, and the team needs to look at other options, I don't even know where they would start.

Before someone says trade the house for Luck, the team has way too many holes to give up that many picks. In fact, we've done so much trading the past few years that it would hurt the team if we trade anymore unless it was too good to pass up.

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

The NFL Network is all over Sanchez for having the sad, forlorn, depressed, puppy dog face at the press conference. Faulk said Sanchez has lost confidence and if he was a teammate he would not like the way he looked or acted at the presser at all.

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

ill end it by saying this. There is no way im going to throw a young developing QB under the bus, especially my own QB this early in the game. I want to see Schotty gone and the old Oline play back before I call for his head as so many Jets fans are now doing.

11. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

sanchez is taking a beating. the ol sucks, the running backs suck and the OC sucks. the head coach throws the qb under the bus every chance he gets with his body language.

it is a real shame because sanchez showed great flashes in his short career and they might ruin him

12. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

fuck tj connley...13 yard punt

13. mrodriguez4096

mrodriguez4096 New Member

Actually, the Jets had the lead BEFORE Sanchez threw that pick 6. Then it was tied.

14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, he reminds me of Brees when he first came in. There are so many similarities, and I believe they have the same agent. He needs a OC who plays to his strengths......which many are actually similar to Brees early in his career. Im not giving up on Mark. Hes the easy blame, but we need to look at the fact that our offense just isnt that talented, and Holmes is playing worth the money we paid him at times.

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

No, because there are still questions and it would be a bad move to give him a huge deal before they are answered.

What's the point? Bring in a stop-gap to learn a new offense as well as take time to get familiar with the personnel at WR and OLine? I'm not going to speculate on possible trades, there isn't a FA I like with an expiring contract, and bringing in a rookie when we have so many holes at other offensive positions is going to set another young QB up for failure.

Cutting Sanchez and bringing in a stop-gap would be tantamount to the FO and Rex saying "Fuck this year" and I'm not ready to sit and watch that shit. As far as drafting another rookie, look at the positions that are at need right now and are going to be of need next season: RT - Hunter isn't a starter by any stretch; WR - Plax's age makes it a question as to whether the Jets will even resign him next season; TE - Keller just cannot block and either he can't get open or the offensive system doesn't put him in a position to, either way the offense would only benefit from an all-around TE at #2.

We might not be able to answer all of those questions but the turn-over involved in bringing in those players, plus a new OC, plus a new QB would lead to a slow start and the same arguments being tossed around on this board while the team tries to learn to come together.

The other option would be drafting a rookie which would most likely mean cutting us off from one of our other two top offensive needs(RT and WR) which means bringing in a player to an incomplete offense leading to trading away our draft picks for veterans which would then lead to the 3 or 4 pick drafts that we've had the past couple of seasons and right back to a team that go too old too fast.

Instead, let's try and think logically about it:

Hypothetical offseason moves: We spend this offseason getting the right personnel in the offense by doing the following:
    -We get a RT who can start in this league
    -#2 WR who can push Plax for a job if Plax can be resigned or take Plax's job if the FO lets him walk.
    -Bring in a #2 TE who can actually play on offense rather than just be a great special teams player.

Hypothetical result #1: Sanchez flat-out proves he isn't the quarterback we thought we were drafting. However, the Jets now have a solid OLine in place and a WR corps which has seen much less personnel turnover on the roster. The team now has a solid, stable environment at offense geared towards giving an incoming rookie the best possible situation to succeed with great pocket protection and a group of WRs who know the offense and can be relied upon to help their QB learn it as well.

Hypothetical result #2: Given a better OC(Schottenheimer is much less of an answer at his job that Sanchez at QB), a better OLine and a #2 who promises to be here for more than two seasons, Sanchez grows into the QB the Jets need him to be.

And let's not forget that our Defense-first team just had successive games of giving up long drives when they needed a stop. 80 yards against the Patriots in the first half and a 95-yard drive to Tim fucking Tebow. There are more questions than answers on this team right now, and they extend to both sides of the ball.

16. warpedsoul

warpedsoul Active Member

REALLY? Blame the defense? They played great all game, except the final drive, but even then we knew the Broncos would put up some points. The Jets D gave up 10 points. If Mark didn't throw pick 6, we win. If Mark throws a pass on spot, TD, we would have won. If Mark would grow up and quit waiting for a goddamn scooby snack to make him feel better after mistakes, we would win.

Last year he had some wonderful to watch come backs. He had confidence then. He needs to show the same poise after a bad loss as well. If you are going to get paid top dollar, earn top dollar.

17. Hooterdawg

Hooterdawg New Member

At least Tebow was a great college QB. Sanchez never was.

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Brilliantly put. What do Mull and Smith have over the coaching staff?

19. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

The funny thing is, you know who Brees' QB coach was during his formative years in the league?

This guy:

[​IMG]

Don't compare Sanchez to Brees, Quarterbacks aren't blank slates, Brees clearly has elite talent, Sanchez does not.

20. warpedsoul

warpedsoul Active Member

Thank you for reminding me to add another to the GONE list.