How are you coping losing TL?

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Dec 29, 2020.

?

Your coping level right now?

1. Fine--over it

29 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. Terrible--lost our chance for Broadway Trevor

17 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. Excited--never liked him

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I've just added the TL loss to the long list of Jets disappointments this franchise routinely puts its fans through.

I've moved on as much as one can move on from constant fuckups. Onto the next episode.

2. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

I've moved on. Jets were destined to win vs NE anyway. We can't have nice things

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Douglas played a big role in the worst Jets season I can recall, and I've been around awhile.

While he may end up pulling it all together in the long run, I find it funny how everyone avoids any Douglas criticism for this year.
    I think it's because fans need to hold onto something for hope, and there isn't much else.

I like the Becton pick, and his experience with Balt, but he's got a LONG way to go for me to be that optimistic after what I've just witnessed.

TonyFtLaud and HomeoftheJets like this.
  4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Can we make Jameson an option?

REVISion likes this.
  5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I'd prepared myself pretty early on for not getting him because, after all of these years rooting for the Jets, I know that they're going to screw it up somehow. The problem was, I let myself believe a little bit when we were sitting at 0-13 with two playoff teams and Belichick remaining. That was my fault, because the Jets did what the Jets always do, find creative and heartbreaking ways to screw up.

Honestly, though, I'm over it now. Now have to move on to whether or not they're going to screw up by drafting one of these other QBs who are, based on what I've seen (which is admittedly not as much as many of the rest of you here have) are not going to come in here and lead us to where we want to go.

NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Disappointed but who knows. Just from memory, I recall hearing similar accolades for Luck and RGIII, Cam, Winston and Marriotta, Wentz and Goff, Baker, Darnold and Rosen with Allen at 4th, so at this point while TL gave us great hope there are no guarantees. Short of Luck, non of the other one and two picks have resulted in FQB. The Brady, Rodgers, Breese and Mahomes of the world are far and few in between, and typically were not even considered can’t miss FQB prior to the draft. May be Wilson can be the next big surprise.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I have never made any excuses for the mistakes that Joe D made this year.

However it was not Joe D that decided to play a cover 0 against the Raiders when they had 13 seconds to go and needed 46 yards to get a TD.

It was not him who chose to run Gore up the gut on handoffs like it was a madden football game all year.

It was not him who chose to not play the young RBs and get them experience.

Joe admitted to the Robby Anderson mistake, but Adam Gase is the sole reason this team was 1-7 last year, benefited from a weak second half schedule last year and continued his losing streak this year.

I hope they make the right HC decision in off season and I guarantee this same team will win more that 6 games next year.

8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

What a prediction....another dilusional Jets fan thinks his team is going to the Superbowl.

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

If I were as negative as you I wouldn’t even belong to a forum.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

This is why I'm okay with any direction JD chooses to take for us. He's by far the best talent evaluator we've had in the FO in a long long time. He will hit on the HC search and everything will fall into place from there.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I usually wake up and go to work every day like everyone else.

12. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

This isn't a 2 win, worst in the NFL type of team. If they had competent coaching they would have beaten Denver, New England, and the Raiders.

Douglas deserves criticism for a couple moves. The Ryan Kalil move was a colossal waste of money, signing Perriman instead of Anderson was his biggest mistake, and I really don't like the Zuniga or Morgan picks from his draft.

matt robinson 17 and Red Menace like this.
  13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Post of the year.

matt robinson 17, Noam and REVISion like this.
  14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Can't lose something you never had to begin with.

TonyFtLaud and matt robinson 17 like this.
  15. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

Not really disappointed. Jets need to build other offensive pieces before deciding on QB. If the Jets can build a good offense at the end of Sam's fifth year, then they should decide whether they should move on to another QB or keep Sam.

It's still a possibility though that Jacksonville doesn't draft a QB. I wouldn't be surprise if they trade the pick, or draft someone else. Worse case scenario is that they trade the pick to the patriots.

16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I'm over the lost of Lawrence. I knew the Jets would blow it. I just want Zach Wilson now and Gase fired this week.

17. boozer32

Good points CC. Our saving grace will be what Douglas can do to fix this team.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  18. boozer32

Now the Jets are embolden and can win every game. So I question whether they could actually win games all year. Was Gase actually not that bad? Is darnold worth keeping around. They got major issues to deal with this offseason. I hope Douglas can manage it.

19. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I don't think Trevor knows what he's getting into in Jacksonville, this is an organization that is going all in on him for the entire hope of their franchise. They don't play defense and they are going to have to nail both a GM and HC position. Remember, you can only pick one of each....they can be the most desirable spot in the world but if they screw it up it wont make a difference.

There are still rumblings about them being able to produce enough revenue to stay in the United States haha.

I'm happy he get gets to live close to where he's from, but that's really about all that there is to like about it.

The Raiders proved this year you need something on defense to succeed, even if you have a top offense. We are closer than the Jags.....especially if we can field a better HC and trade out of #2 and get more pieces.

Footballgod214 and Noam like this.
  20. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

People bank too much on perspective draft picks. Just because a guy looks good, has tools, doesn’t mean he’s good in the NFL. Go look at the last two decades of drafts. It’s basically a 50/50 crapshoot.

Everyone was dumping on Josh Allen a few years ago. Worked out real well there. Rosen was the wunderkind. Yep worked out well there too. Mayfield had character issues. Survived multiple coaching regimes and looks decent. Lamar was a running back not a QB. Got an MVP.

2017 class was “lacking an elite talent” and Mahomes was a project and Peterman was good.

Draft whoever, put a team and coach around him and you are basically gonna win or you are not.

Noam, Longsuffering88 and NYJFOREVER like this.