How about replacing Cro with Nnamdi? (Merged x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bird_1972

bird_1972 New Member

If you are going to attack me, at least be funny.

Otherwise, man up and talk football. We are on the same side, jackass.

2. Play Like A Jet

The first thing Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome told Mike Tannenbaum was that all Rex Ryan wants is corners. While it might not be the best idea to tie up that much money in one position, especially at cornerback, I wouldn't put it past Rex and Tanny if they can figure out something reasonable.

3. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's it. Three top tier CBs? You want to talk about shut down? Its a nice dreamy thought but it ain't never going to happen. The only possibility would be like a sign and trade for Cro to GB and sign Nmandi. Keeping Holmes and Bray here is much more important to the development of our young QB.

I'd love a Raven-esque Defense, but I want more than "Trent Dilfer" at the QB position.

I will say that once many of these players make a shitload of money, they would probably join a team on the cheap if they know they have a good chance at a ring. It probably why the Pats have been able to do so well plugging in college freshman. But as usual, it all starts with the QB.

4. The Great American

The Great American Well-Known Member

Agree. Especially since 31 other teams would also love to have the guy.

5. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

Hey you never know buddy I don't think anyone in this board thought we would get Cromartie or Santonio last year....

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Oh cool another Asomugha thread.

7. fozzi58

Backer - C'mon - back off. We are getting support from other teams fanbase. There isn't anything wrong with that except when its Div rivals. Besides, the only time he will hate the Jets is once every 4 years.

Some people like to pick a rooting interest in the other conference. Shit the Giants had my total support in 2007 SB. And I was kinda pulling for the Eagles yesterday cause I have family in Filthy-Delphia...

8. fozzi58

Merge...

[​IMG]

9. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

They weren't free agents. Trading a pick for a guy with off the field problems and one year on his contract is completely different from expecting to sign the best free agent in football (at a position where you already heavy a highly paid superstar) to a way-under market contract.

10. pointman

pointman New Member

2nd team?? BWahahaha! OK guy.

11. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

In putting the cart before the horse news, does anybody know if the same rules apply this year about the final 4 teams being prohibited from signing any FA's unless they lose one first?

12. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

But ultimately it's not about who wants him, but about where he wants to go. If it's all about the money for Aso then it will come down to who wants him the most, but it doesn't sound like that is the case.

If they can sign Aso to a reasonable 2-3 year contract and he wants to come here, I don't see how you pass it up. I think it's even worth losing 1 of the WRs over.

13. If he came here for less money, it would be a sign that the Jets are really that much of a prime landing spot for free agents. I'd be shocked if it happened, but if he came here at a reasonable price, it would be incredible.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I think it doesn't apply since Aso's contract was terminated, it didn't expire

If we can get Aso for the same price as Cromartie then you need to give it serious thought. Aso + Revis could be special

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

the only way Aso signs with the Jets is if Rob Gronkowski allows it.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

we have a winner. but i guess its nice to fantasize while trying to figure out what your team needs to do to win the next game.

everything about internet football fansites is delusional.

17. Play Like A Jet

But none of that can really be attributed to Revis. Correct me if I'm wrong but in game 1 this year he was guarding Moss for most of the first half wasn't he? And he didn't come back for the second half against the Pats, so even if he had been guarding Welker, it doesn't seem like he was the one who was responsible for holding Welker to 38 yards.

Unless your argument is that Welker hasn't killed us (considering just the Jets defense with Rex Ryan) in every game which while that's true, to be fair, Welker had a career high 15 receptions for 192 yards in the one game he played against us in 2009 (out with a knee injury in the first meeting of the season).

18. Play Like A Jet

I thought maybe it wouldn't have been established yet because a new CBA hasn't been agreed upon? Anyone know for sure?

19. Coach K

Coach K New Member

we have money going to more important places. how about some better safety play and some nickel and dime backs who can cover? instead of breaking the bank twice at the same position when we get beat in the middle of the field all day.

20. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

How many times have we heard players say they want to win & then just run off to the highest bidder??

If 2/3/4 teams give similar offers then I'm sure he'll go w/ team which helps him win. No way this guy is going to be taking a big paycut to join Jets for a SB run. In most sports, that's the kind of thing players do when they're close to retirement (and usually after their original team cuts them loose).

Revis looks happy being a Jet but he wanted as much money as he can get & looked ready to hold out for the entire season. Players might love playing for Rex but I'm sure they love looking their bank accounts even more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.