How about replacing Cro with Nnamdi? (Merged x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 624

624 Banned

I'm hoping Revis restructures to play with Nnamdi. They have to be sick of their interception totals being 0-1 and getting thrown at twice a game...they've both said it was boring being that good of a corner. It won't be with another of you on the other side.

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Why not?
    I think the Jets will have to offer him a multi year deal, and they should.
    I'd expect it to be north of 10mil a year.
    This will mean we won't be able to sign all of our FA's of course, but so what.
    When you get a chance to sign a guy of this caliber at a discount, you take it. One incentive they can offer on the lower deal is a higher guaranteed portion. Aso is a true pro, and will be a team leader. I'd have no problem increasing the guaranteed portion to help sway a deal.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

It would be true 9 on 9 football.

In this passing league, which is going to slowly become more of a passing league, this is exactly how to ruin these offenses - just put the top two CBs in the game on the same team.

4. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

OchoCinco responded to a fan on twitter about Revis, and Nmadi.. Pretty funny.
    (His response is bolded)
    RT @ochocinco: Now that kind sir is better than sex RT @EdRocknik: @ochocinco what would it be like lining up against a team with @Revis24 n Nnamdi at CB

oh just so the GeigerGeiger people go crazy.. Geiger retweeted what Ochocinco said!!11 omgzzzzz its Darrelle's best bro!!

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'd love that to be the case buddy. RR with those two in the secondary would be a nightmare for opposing OCs, but I think the Jets have too much other shit on their plate for this to happen. Retaining guys like Holmes/Edwards, E Smith, Dig, Coleman, signing the rookies and extending Harris makes me think signing Aso long term is impossible without crippling the team in other areas. Please prove me wrong Tannenbaum.

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Yeah Tanny will have to work a little magic, and Aso will have to be willing to take less to be here.
    I think the real miracle would be pulling off both Holmes and Aso. That's the best case scenario.
    We'd def be losing some FA's, but it won't necessarily cripple the team (even if we do lose Holmes).

7. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Sexy Rexy to Mike T. "Get me Aso and fuck the rest of the team. Revis and Aso will win games for me. Just get me couple of $2mil WRs and fuck Holmes, Braylon and Cro."

8. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Not that its anything in stone but nfl.com no longer has the texans listed as chasing ASO...

nfl.com/freeagency

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

[​IMG]

10. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Nnamdi is capable of covering tight ends and bigger wideouts. He did a decent job on gates and gonzo in the past. I think that, along with his tackling and ability to blitz and play inside is one of the things that makes him a great fit.

that said, I agree with the premise that money is better spent elsewhere. We need Targets for sanchez, we need safety help, and we need a pass rusher.

11. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

That would have to the dumbest thing Rex could possibly say. Rex's defense can make due with lesser talent - look at what he did with Drew Coleman. Rex and Schottenheimer need to put talent around Sanchez right now. Failing to do so would be Rex setting himself up to follow in his father's failures.

12. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

So your saying Holmes Cotchery keller and a FA to be named later. Greene LT and mcknight is not enought talent??

If he pulls this off Tahnenbaum is worth his weight in green gold!!!

13. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

It all depends on if Sanchez can make that jump. If he can make that jump to the next level and play more consistent then he'll make everyone around him better and not the other way around.

14. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

You have a better chance of Revis whining about what Nnamdi signs for and holding out.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Agreed 9 vs 9.... we would have 2 safetys and 3 linebackers to defend the tightend.

Double teaming a tightend would shut him down to, it would be a complete nightmare for any offense. I think Nnamdi would have a much bigger impact than Holmes IMO.

Our defense could go from giving up like 17 points a game? to giving up 7 or less. That would be fuckin huge.

16. Windeos

Windeos Member

@michaelombardi I keep hearing from well placed relible NFL sources that this Jet talk and Nmandi Asomugha is serious and I mean serious.

As each minute goes by it seems to becoming a real possibility instead of a pipe dream, would be an unreal signing

#556 Windeos, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  17. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

michaelombardi Michael Lombardi

I keep hearing from well placed relible NFL sources that this Jet talk and Nmandi Asomugha is serious and I mean serious

18. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

I keep hearing from reliable sources that I mentioned Scott getting cut,,, people acted like that was such a out of leftfield comment,, and now i'm hearing rumors of that..... No?

19. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

This all feels like when I was younger, and would go to a club or party with my friends, and you'd see a hot chick you KNOW there is no way in hell would be interested in you, but after a few drinks you let your boys hype you into thinking you may have a chance and going to talk to her just so she can laugh in your face and your boys could laugh. Yeah, like that. But i'm now officially drinking the Kool-AID!

20. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

From a pats board.

Good luck with that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.