How about replacing Cro with Nnamdi? (Merged x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Breer is a twitchy, annoying little fucker.

I was watching NFLN today and he is god awful at his job.

2. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Other than the Jets being interested in Aso, all the Aso news means nothing till Friday.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Not necessarily. He can agree to a deal now if he wanted to, just can't sign it til Friday.

4. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

got a good feeling this is gonna happen.

5. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Eh... I see your point, but I disagree. On the Santonio front, nothing matters until all the chips are on the table Friday. But if Nnamdi wants to play for the Jets, he's going to play for the Jets. We'll probably hear about it sooner than later. The whole world knows he'll leave money on the table to come here.

6. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

There would be absolutely NO benefit whatsoever to him doing that though. And even if he agreed to a deal now (for god knows what reason) it means absolutely zilch.

7. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

But whose to say that the Cowboys or another contender arent going to come out and offer him 20 million a year or something ludacris ? I mean theyre a contender, in a huge market (hell look what dallas did for Deoin), and he could play for a ryan brother. All the while making over double what he would make here.

All im saying is anything before friday is really meaningless

8. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

and an old article from ESPN: (1/10/11)

Asomugha-Revis tandem now possible
    A year ago, Oakland Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha stood at midfield of Sun Life Stadium field moments after the Pro Bowl and told me he and Darrelle Revis wanted to be teammates for real.

That could happen in 2011.

Asomugha will be allowed to become an unrestricted free agent because of a clause that has voided his contract. The Raiders have exclusive negotiating rights until the free-agency period begins, so they still could re-sign him before he hits the market.

But if he doesn't, then the New York Jets would be an obvious landing spot to highlight based on what Asomugha told me. He insisted he was "dead serious" about joining forces with Revis to form the ultimate shutdown corner tandem and that they had discussed it with Jets head coach Rex Ryan.

"Me and Revis have been talking to Rex to try to do something," Asomugha said. "You may see us in the future. There's a little bit of talk going on. Either he's coming to Oakland, or something else will happen."

Looks like "something else" can happen quite easily now. Revis won't be coming to Oakland anytime soon. Revis ended a summer contract holdout with an extension through 2014.

The Jets' other cornerback, Antonio Cromartie, is in the final year of his contract. He has played well in his one season with the Jets, but Asomugha plays in the highest echelon.

Asomugha and Revis were voted as Pro Bowl starters again this year. It is Asomugha's third straight Pro Bowl selection.

Money obviously would be a factor. Asomugha's contract with Oakland was considered one of the most outrageous deals of the past decade and totally warped the elite cornerback market. In fact, Revis' desire to be paid 50 cents more than Asomugha was a reason his contract squabble with the Jets lasted as long as it did. The Jets refused to let the deal Al Davis gave Asomugha be the standard.

When I caught up with Revis as he was heading up the tunnel toward the AFC locker room, he confirmed his desire to play with Asomugha, but conceded "That's a lot of money they're going to be pushing around, but that'll be tough for quarterbacks. I'll tell you that."

With plenty of money in his various accounts, maybe Asomugha would give the Jets a break so that he could team up with Revis.

"You always want that as a player, to have that guy on the other side of you that's equally as talented and can make plays," Asomugha said a year ago. "It fuels you a little bit. We'd been joking around with [AFC coach] Norv Turner throughout practices all week, and with [NFL commissioner] Roger Goodell. He said they probably wouldn't allow us on the same team."

#508 dwalsh, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  9. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

I'd literally have a constant boner if he signed with the Jets.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm hoping a miracle happens, but it's going to be so fucking hilarious if Asomugha signs elsewhere.

This place is going to explode if that happens.

I'll be here SOJFs. I'll be ready.

11. A couple things I've come to realize about the prospect of "It" actually happening..

1. Not only does he bring another elite talent to the team, it also keeps him away from our biggest contenders. You put him in Baltimore and they might run away with the AFC.

2. If "It" actually happens, And he ends up taking less to be in Ny w/ Rex and Darrelle...he just pulled a Lebron without the ESPN charity case superhour

12. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

My dick is so hard. Every time i think about Revis manning the left and Aso manning the right I'm going to need a change of underoos..

13. ItalianoBloodline

How good could our defense be with both Darrelle Revis and Nnamdi Asomugha playing opposite eachother?

I think it'll be pretty damn special.

Two of the very best CB's on the same team? Forget about it. I'd hate to be Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger or Rivers once it's time to face the Jets defense.

I think it's about to happen, Aso is about to become a JET!

Hey, if we signed L.T and Jason Taylor during the offseason? I'll never say never.

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

lol the texans board is pretty hilarious itself

but youd think the deal was done by the way some ppl here are counting on it

15. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Sweet jesus, if we manage to sign Santonio AND Nmamdi, I'd be convinced Tannenbaum figured out how to recreate the Redskins' unlimited cap.

16. Pick6Revis

Pick6Revis New Member

1) Completely different, Aso didn't hold Oakland Hostage and he had to deal with Crazy Al

2) Were the jets, people don't like us regardless

17. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Could you imagine how much fun Rex would have with this if it actually happens? Revis and Nnamdi could shut down their guys one-on-one, you can double team the TE or slot WR with a LB and a S, if necessary, and then just send the other 7 guys and blitz every time. QBs wouldn't have anyone open to throw to and they'd be under constant pressure.

18. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

You can thank Rex Ryan for all of this. People want to play here.

19. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

I wonder what they'll even say.
    "I mean, I guess we have one of the best CB duo's ever...BUT our pass rush is sub par, and our safety play is shaky."

20. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

This is truth. Logically, I know it's not PROBABLE though anything is possible. Emotionally, I'm already planning on buying my Aso jersey the SECOND news breaks that he's a Jet. I'll be laughing at myself as I slit my wrists when it doesn't happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.