Houston & Washington the next Duckett & Dunn??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MillerTime#22, May 26, 2006.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I've seen Leon Washington play after the fact, and while I have hope for him, guys with his frame usually need to be much quicker across the LOS to be effective in the pros. He appears to have great hands and once he is taught how to run while having the ball securely tucked against his body he may surprise most of your haters, but I think he's at least going to need some serious instruction; I would guess he is at least year away from making any impact on offense.

2. MillerTime#22

MillerTime#22 Active Member

I personally don't think much of Blaylock. He was a product of the KC line. Don't see him staying for the long haul.

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I never said you said that. "Sucks" might be a little harsh, but Duckett hasn't proven he is a starter in this league. I just would expect more production from Duckett off the bench, since he's a big change of pace guy, and Atlanta has a good line, and Dunn has had so much success.

Atlanta does more of a platoon than I thought they did. Duckett gets a few more carries than I thought he did, but it's still 2.5-1 carries between Dunn and Duckett.

I personally would rather have one guy just take the job. I don't like platooning RBs like that. I'd rather have a workhorse and a backup to spell him once in a while.

4. MillerTime#22

MillerTime#22 Active Member

I understand what you're saying about have a 1 dominant rb, but at this moment in time we don't have that anymore. C-mart is getting old, and do you really think Houston can be that everydown back?? Jury is still out on that one, but I thought platooning Houston and Washington might be a decent idea for future, unless we grab a RB in next years 1st round.

5. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

I hope Washington comes thru, but I agree.........Duckett is a HUGE dissapointment.........I am a Falcons fan as well and he has been a BUST

6. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Houston never had a respiratory condition. He had a thyroid condition which has been treated as is no longer an issue. He can be an every down back in this league, but will do even better if Washington becomes a legitimate change of pace back.

7. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I think Houston can be the next L.T.

8. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Um...no. Washington isn't nearly as good as Dunn and Houston isn't really that similar to Duckett at all.

People assume that just because he isn't fast, Houston must be a power back. It's really far from the case.

9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Yeah there are more comparable backs to Washington than Dunn. Dunn is more of a slasher than Washington. Even tho Dunn occasionally runs up the middle he is more likely to break it out and go east/west. Washington has good moves but is more of a straight ahead power back that hits the hole with alot of explosion. He runs bigger than 5'9.

10. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

U got high hopes.

11. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Duckett is a goal line back or a 3rd and short back. Houston doesn't seem to be that to me. He has a bit more speed and less power. We'll see what Washington turns out to be if he even gets any carries this year.

And free BJ Askew!