Hotels Near Fenway Park

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by 17a_tailgater, May 9, 2013.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

looks like the guy trip with the fellas at work is heading to Boston this year. any recommendations for places to stay aug 2-4? going to the Red Sox games against Arizona Diamondbacks

2. no psls

no psls Banned

There is a Howard Johnson's right around the corner from Fenway . Can't beat it .

3. grumpynyjetsfaninME

There are quite a few options.. howard johnson is most likey booked.. try the copley houses.. not the copley house hotle.. the the copley house is a company that has a bunch of town houses. They rent out for a night up to a month.. prices are not bad depening on how many rooms you want.. i stayed there 3 didfenrt times. Each in a diffent location. Another place is the "Bulfinch" kinda pricey but it is worth it. You can see the ball park from pretty much any room. Its within walking distance from the bars ..downstaris is an UNO PIzza. Then there is the "buckminster" kinda of out of the way. But you can get on the subway it will bring you to the park. There are a bunch of chain hotles around but the book fast. Hope this helps

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

howard johnson is booked. the copley house looked cool but its all single beds.4 guys not happening ha ha bulfinch looked cool but a bit pricey $271.00 before taxes per night.

5. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Hyatt Regency Cambridge will run you 200 a night or so for a room with 2 doubles. A weekend in August near Fenway is going to be pricey, there aren't really any cheap hotels there that will have rooms available.

6. grumpynyjetsfaninME

Just a thought .. for you 17a. See if the copley has 2 places for rent on the same street or with in walking distance.. not sure how you want to do it.. but would be cheaper than a hotel.

7. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

My advice for hotels near Fenway Park: Don't stay in a hotel near Fenway Park (which is actually a section of the city known as Kenmore Square). Decent sports bars and there are a handful of cool places to eat, but Boston is so small and the MBTA can get you just about anywhere in the city in 15 minutes, I'd widen your search. There are better parts of the city with better hotels, and the prices aren't all that different unless you move into the outer burbs. They Hyatt was mentioned above, and it's nice, but that puts you on the other side of the Charles River into Cambridge and it may not seem all that far, but it's a bit isolated.

Recommend: The Taj. Used to be the Ritz Carlton. Right in Back Bay. I'd bet anything you could go on Priceline, make a bid and get a room for $150 a night. Matter of fact, Priceline is almost always a good bet for hotels and rental cars. You could also look at the Omni Parker House, which is real nice and not too pricey.

If price is no object: The Liberty Hotel. Way cool. Used to be the Charles Street Jail, now an upscale hotel. When I was in high school, the cool thing to do was to buy a sandwich at Buzzy's Roast Beef and then throw the end of it over the wall at the prisoners. Good times.... good times. Probably $400 a night. A 15 minute walk from Fenway. But, as I said, that's if price is no object. Maybe just go an have a few over priced beers there, because it is still a cool place.

Decent and cheap: Book any chain hotel in Brookline. A train or cab gets you into Boston in 15 minutes. Close to Fenway. Just don't drive into the city. But you'd know about that. Only a rube from Montana would screw that up.

*Best tip I could ever give*: The night you're going to the game, get reservations for dinner at Citizens Public House. Pretty new, and right around the corner from Fenway. But the key here is calling ahead for reservations and ordering the whole suckling pig dinner. Nothing like seeing a whole dead animal on your table. (ETA: http://www.citizenpub.com/pig-roast/)