Horror Flick Fans: List Your Faves (Made For TV/Sci-Fi Mixes Welcome) & Critique Away

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yep.. It was on AMC. Jada Pinkett, CCH Pounder, Billy Zane to name a few of the stars who were in it..

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Finished The Haunting of Bly Manor. It was good, but nothing like Hill House. So if you watch that, don't expect it to be as scary or well made as The Haunting of Hill House, but it was pretty good. Ending wrapped up oddly and too fast, but besides that, a solid season.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Hill House was a great series. Had just the right mix of horror and tragedy to keep you watching and caring about what happened.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

The Witch is amazing, i highly recommend it, especially if you are into history.

5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

AMC has been showing a lot of Halloween this week. I watched the original 1978 with Jamie Lee Curtis last night. That is still my favorite Halloween movie out of all of them

KWJetsFan, The Dark Knight and Br4d like this.
  6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Same here. Best horror movie of all time IMHO. It's near perfect and very influential.

7. KWJetsFan

I'm a Halloween junkie. I've been watching horror like crazy all month. Watched the 1941 Universal "The Wolf Man", Cujo, The Excorcist and now Hammer's "The Satanic Rites of Dracula" just today. This month is my Christmas.

jetophile likes this.
  8. Br4d

The Wolfman is one of my top 10 of all time. Amazing mix of horror, suspense and tragedy. Lon Chaney, Jr was one of the few actors in my youth that I would watch any film he was in because I knew if he took the role the movie would be to my liking. Maybe the only other guy in that category at the age of 12 was Jimmy Cagney, known as James to the adult world.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  9. KWJetsFan

Cheney Jr. Always did a great job of playing Lawrence Talbot as sad and tragic. Even in the sequels. The Wolfman is also my Dad's favorite. I really enjoy it as well.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I live for Universal Movies, as stated early on. It might be in here (or not - too lazy), but my cousin used to get all the Universal Model Monsters and paint them. Who didn't have Frankenstein's Monster or The Wolfman in their room? He also had a set of plaster of paris where you would pour it into molds and make Frankenstein's Monster's face, The Wolfman's face or The Mummy's face. I got in trouble over that one because I messed with it when I was bored at my Grandma's house and it was watery sludge. That set probably caused cancer, also probably worth a million dollars.

The USPS had all the Universal Monsters on postage stamps back in the day. It was great. Lon Chaney, Sr, Lon Chaney, Jr, Bela Lugosi, Karloff. I'm sorry I didn't save any. : /

11. Br4d

I made all of those models and then destroyed them one by one in monster model wrestling matches. Frequently G.I. Joe took on the Creature from the Black Lagoon to save the world. Once the bearded model came out I even let him win now and then.

jetophile likes this.
  12. jetophile

Hahaha, probably followed by a round of electric football. Bzzzzzzzz , bzzzzzzzz.

#312 jetophile, Jun 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    Br4d likes this.
  13. Br4d

Lions vs Cowboys. Couldn't pick which teams you wanted because they wanted you to send away for your team at a ridiculous price. I saved the $19.95 + postage and handling.

14. jetophile

'Sound of Violence'. Purty good.

15. jetophile

'Gaia'. Great Roman name, but it has nothing to do with Rome. A park ranger/ environmentalist runs into an off the grid father and son survivalist team. They help her, but then it gets a lot worse. Out of South Africa, it's a version of American doomsday preppers but flipped on its head. Part 'Wrong Turn', part 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre', part religious fervor, part nature run amok. It was my kind of crazy.

EDIT & P.S.: See it for the cinematography.

#315 jetophile, Jun 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  16. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

Never been a fan of horror as a genre for the same reason I have never been a fan of comedy as a genre....so many low-brow offerings......HOWEVER, I DO enjoy the rare intelligent, well-written horror film from time to time....and I have to say that John Carpenter's work from the 70's and 80's is about as good as horror gets. Halloween, The Fog, The Thing and Christine were ALL damn good films, especially The Thing. Carpenter is an underrated director IMHO. Late 70's/early to mid 80's was definitely his prime as a director.

17. jetophile

I know a lot of people hated this movie for it's vagueness, but I really liked it. It's a kickback to Rod Serling's 'The Monsters are Due on Maple Street' in a way. At least that's what came to me.

18. jetophile

M. Night Shyalaman, 'Old'. I'm willing to stick my toe in the water.

19. jetophile

'Midsommar'. Man, did that flick have its moments. The psychedelic scenes and when the main character selects her tool of a boyfriend for human sacrifice after she becomes The Mayqueen, haha. The whole movie is claustrophobic.

20. jetophile

'The She Beast'. And it's Frankenstein's monster, not Frankenstein, dumbass. Barbara Steele of 'Black Sunday' fame, haha.