Holy Jebus I need help

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by The Predator, Sep 2, 2008.

1. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

My two regular leagues folded up this season and I wasn't expecting to get into another money league this year.

Needless to say some friends just threw togetehr a last minute league and I have done exteremely minimal research (draft is tonight). So, please, if there are any well-known tidbits going around this year or injuries etc. outside of the ESPN maintstream shit, let me know!!!!

Thanks for any help!

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Chris Perry is my favorite sleeper. I usually try to take him late in drafts, but with the release of Rudi, he could go earlier.

Unless Brady falls in your lap, wait on a QB. The difference between Schaub, Favre, Garrard, and the later starters and higher guys isn't that much.

Try to get an elite WR in round 1 or 2, especially if you have a late first. After LT, Westbrook, AP, SJax, and Addai, the dropoff is a lot to the next tier, which isn't that great anyway, so try to grab Wayne, TO, Moss, or someone else in round 2. Obviously, it all depends on your pick.

3. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Here's the best advice I can give you. In the first round, if LT, AP, Westbrook and Addai are all taken, take Randy Moss.

Guys I love this year that you can get late-ish: Calvin Johnson, Cotchery, Earnest Graham, Ricky Williams, Jeremy Shockey, Kurt Warner

Guys people seem to like but I would not touch this year: Frank Gore, Derek Anderson, Mike Turner, Nate Burleson, Chris Chambers

But hey - it's a matter of opinion. Good luck.

4. The Predator

Thanks for the info guys! I ended up getting about an hour and a half to look up some stats and cheat-sheets and think I came out with one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the draft. It will be intersting each week deciding which WR's and/or RB/WR I should go with.

Picked 7th in a 10-man league.
    1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1RB/WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1DST

QBMatt Hasselbeck, Jay Cutler

RBStephen Jackson, Clinton Portis, Darren McFadden, Chris Perry, Ladell Betts

WR Marques Colston, Anquan Boldin, Roy Williams, Marvin Harrison, Derrick Mason

TE Owen Daniels, Heath Miller

K Nate Kaeding

DST Patriots, Jets

5. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Looks sick, but i would go with the Pick-up-the-Defense-that-plays-the-worst-O-Strategie. I don?t think either the Jets or Pats D will be a Top 5 FF-D with that Strategie, you usually get in the Top 5 when it comes to Defensescoring.

6. The Predator

Yea, most of the top defenses went pretty early and I wasn't in a position to draft one yet as I needed to cover my bye-weeks (I have week 5 in which 2 of my top 3 RB are on bye, and week 4 in which 2 of my WR are on bye).

So I decided to pick up some depth at the skilled positions instead of taking a mediocre defensive unit too early. As a result I didn't go defense until rounds 15 and 17 (17 being the last).

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I really like this team. Picking 7th its looks very very good. Your Depth at RB is sick. Nice job! :up: