Holmes I got your back...Maybe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Jan 19, 2012.

1. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

who can really blame holmes for being pissed off...hes a good reciever and we have a quarterback who couldnt hit water if he fell out of the fuckin boat

2. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I agree and we get to see a different offense this year, I hope.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No, the second one he was playing volleyball. He only singlehandedly gave up 1 TD.

And then, to make up for not singlehandedly giving up the second TD, he drew a 15 yard flag for being a fuckhead.

Is it just that you like being on the losing side of an argument?

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Your argument kinda sucks bro. Even if you are trying to put that TD drive on our defense, it is still in result to Holmes sucking ass. If he didn't give up that interception, if he wasn't to blame for that, he wouldn't be at fault but he was at fault.

It is ultimately on where the error started, if that error wasn't there, we probably would have at least scored 3 points.

He absolutely gave up 14 points, he only handed the Eagles defense 7 points though.

I guess in your eyes that puts Holmes in the clear?

He is the most selfish player in that locker room, there is no possible defense for that fact. Him celebrating the way he did in that game after playing so fucking poorly, says it all to me. He is a me first player, fuck him.

That alone gets him the "fuck you" response, him quitting on this team all year long makes me feel like he should be flipping burgers somewhere, he does not deserve a place in the NFL. Ungrateful prick.

#64 IIMeanDeanII, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  5. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

Where did I say everyone should have known? I only said that Pitt probably knew. I also never even commented on us bringing him here, only the current situation with him.

Maybe he was different back then, but if he's having attitude issues now do you really think it's the first time?

6. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

how about that Philly game?

Holmes screwed that pooch.

7. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Holmes is a smartass with a bad attitude.
    anyone remember the headphones incident he got into on a flight long before he ever played a down for us?
    some people are just assholes.

8. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Who can really blame Holmes for being pissed off?

I CAN!

He's a whiny little bitch who was only concerned with getting paid and NEVER was on board with Mark as QB of the Jets. [​IMG]

And we have a QB that *can* hit that receiver if the receiver would NOT DOG IT, get some SEPARATION and not sulk like a loser during the game. Wayne Hunter(as much as he sucks) was right about telling holmes punkass off.

#68 Braylon4ever, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  9. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

That QB was good enough for Holmes to get a $50 MM contract.

10. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Oh BURN! [​IMG]

Holmes didn't exactly throw those passes in 2010 to himself now, did he?

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

it was stupid what he did in philly not selfish. Now tell me how points Sanchez gave up this season? He was pissed at the end of Miami game doesn't mean he selfish. Tell me this? When was last time u seen or even heard of a QB throwing 2 ints to the DL?

#71 #1 Jets Fan, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2012
  12. TheGreenCantona

Dude you are so wrong, that doesn't even apply to basketball (melo and stat as Exhibit A and B), talent is not worth anything in football unless the team has a common purpose.

That is why i am so disappointed at this season, for all Rex's faults as a head coach, i was convinced he had the team believing, but Jets are not even close to a united team. LT was not listening to his jokes and promises, which is the most troublesome issue in this whole mess.

13. jetiron

jetiron New Member

I much rather have a player like Holmes on my team than a player like Sanchez. One guy demands the ball and is rightfully angry for not getting the action, while the other guy plays like a wuss and blames everyone for his poor performance. It is only because Holmes acted up on the field, he is getting the heat. At least the guy shows he has a pulse and a little fire is good for the team, and he has made big plays and has good hands. Sanchez needs to step up his performance and get the damn ball to his play makers, and stop pretending to be hurt after every throw because this "I was hurt that is why the throw went bad" bs doesn't cut it.

14. TheGreenCantona

Disagree, never mistake will to win with erratic, childish behavious. There are plenty more winners on that team that could have sat out on the sideline claiming to have a strong will to win BUT didn't. I am convinced that Revis is miffed about the offence but i haven't heard much yet.
    secondly, i am not a big sanchez supporter but i have never heard him blaime anybody but himself, ever.

15. deef

deef Member

self·ish
    adj \ˈsel-fish\

: concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself : seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others

Since you don't seem to understand what they're saying, there is the definition of the word. Let's break this down. Given the situation against Philly, down by a lot, was he considering that his planned and excessive celebration might negatively affect his teammates?

Re-read the definition above, especially the bold part. Explain how dogging it and taking yourself out of a game with your attitude is being considerate of your teammates.

Nobody is arguing it wasn't stupid as well, but you cannot argue he isn't selfish. At least, you can't if you're trying to maintain some sort of credibility. His actions were inexcusable, and blaming Mark Sanchez is absurd. You don't think that others were frustrated with Sanchez during that game? Why didn't they react the same way Holmes did then? I'll give you a hint....they weren't being selfish.

16. deef

deef Member

I could argue every point you're making, but I get the feeling it would just be wasting time.

You guys don't like Sanchez, I get it. Using that as an excuse to defend Holmes is ridiculous though. Do you guys really not see why his actions are a problem? I'm not defending how Sanchez played. I'm just saying either way Holmes can't get a pass for his behavior.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This entire post is idiotic.

18. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

the rape accusations were a big factor in getting rid of Holmes. They wanted to send a message to Ben but didn't have the balls to actually get rid of him.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Shame that QB totally disappeared in 2011. Where did he go anyway?

20. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Sanchez has to take a good % of the blame.... I work with a guy that totally reminds me of Holmes.. For Christmas I gave him a Gift Certificate with a note that said:

"I know it gets crazy during the year but, I appreciate working with you to help us grow and do the right thing for the customers, never take anything personal - Merry Christmas"

Sanchez needs to suck it up like all of us have to do to be successful.

And #### the OL... What did Holmes say "It all starts up front".... DUHHHHH, that's what tons of people say generically about Football all the time - and yeah, they were scuffing... BIG DEAL!!!!!! That should never have been replied to or taken personally by anyone on the OL even if Holmes said it to the media - Big freaking deal.

These guys have mic's in their face all the time what if he said "to win the game we need to score more than the opponent" is that an attack on Sanchez... No, it's a very general statement about the offense....

I Blame Sanchez and the OL in blowing it all up more than it had to be.

And also #### the NY Media in stirring up the shit.... I wonder how often these athletes would just like to take a guy like Cimini and smash his face.... Media is a bunch of rats around here.