Hey guys Falcon Fan here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hot Rod, Mar 17, 2006.

1. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Welcome.
    Since I don't think you came to this board to discuss Punters ,
    I guess we have to get your opinion on the magic question.

What, in your opinion, would be fair compensation for Abraham?

2. IonSen88

IonSen88 New Member

That one NY Jets game ruined that rating mess. Fantasy football has damaged the game of football. The QB rating system is flawed, and I couldn't care less about it. The game is played in-between the white lines and not on paper. We'll know when he can no longer rely on his feet for his main means of earning a paycheck when we cross that road. Meanwhile, he'll continue to lead the 12th ranked offense, improve his passing, and create more chemistry between Roddy White.

3. IonSen88

IonSen88 New Member

A little more than Seattle is offering and certainly more than what we are offering. I really want Abraham bad. That guy would make our defensive line the best in the NFC South. Kerney, Coleman, Lavalais, and Abraham?!? That sounds absolutely dominate. It'll have a domino affect, to where we would get pressure on Delhomme and he'll be forced into mistakes(ala the NFCCG), then our Pro Bowl CB DeAngelo Hall will intercept, intercept, and intercept! At that point, they'll stay off the field and the number one rushing team in the NFL will drive teams to hell and we can score more points. I just can't way....... *drools*

4. IonSen88

IonSen88 New Member

Keep telling yourself that. New York can't even muster a farm system and constantly have to look at Braves players because we have the heads to develop our own talent. I wonder if those victories are holding you over right now, and if you're prepared to relive those moment for the next 2 decades. The Yankees 200 million dollar pay roll buys them nothing but a divisional title. Keep taking the Jaret Wright's off our hands....

5. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Ok. I recognize WHY you want Abraham

..But could you be SPECIFIC as to what you think you should offer in terms of player(s), picks, etc.

We know you have offered a 2nd (#47)..that won't get it done.
    Seattle has offered a 1 (#31)..that will get it done.

Your ideas for topping that pick are?

6. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Honestly - I am a huge Yankee hater. But as a Braves fan you don't have a warped rickety peg leg to stand on. The Yanks steamrolled your team. It was very embarassing, no?

7. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Shit. I had just put you on my ignore list, but now I can't help but like you after this. By the way, enjoy 2nd place this year (MLB).

8. IonSen88

IonSen88 New Member

I would give our first for him. I would try this:

1) Our first.
    2) Our second this season and our second next season.
    3) Our third this season and our first next season.
    4) Schaub and the second rounder.

9. IonSen88

IonSen88 New Member

Yes, and it was a 'very' long time ago. Since then, they've done next to nothing just like the Braves. All with a pay roll that could probably buy some baseball teams, no?

10. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Well< i think if you were the GM instead of McKay all this Falcon-Jet acrimony would be over because the Jet front Office would probably accept each of those proposals if offered.

i have to say you are far more "generous' than your fellow Falconers that have graced these boards the last few days.

For what its worth...I think ultimately he will be a Falcon because they will work out an acceptable trade..but i would take your option #1.

PS: I am a Yankee fan, but that debate is for another time and place :)

11. IonSen88

IonSen88 New Member

:eek:hmy: 2nd place? That's bold bro...Considering that's a position we haven't finished in a nearly 2 decades. I take it you're a Mets fan. If so, all I have to say is good luck and maybe the boys of the summer come through again? :up:

PS: I find it intriguing that that area has Mets, Jets, and Nets? Am I missing another?

12. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Used to have a World Team Tennis team named the NEW YORK SETS.

(boy am I dating myself!)

13. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

I'm a Mets Fan that is why I am keeping my mouth shut..Every year I think the Mets win the divison they disapoint. We look good on paper this year.. lets see how it pans out..

14. IonSen88

IonSen88 New Member

Probably. I just want this deal done so bad. I can smell NFC Championship just across the dotted-lines. Why we wouldn't be willing to give up Schaub? I don't know, but it's common logic. I would give up a player with potential for a player that is a proven pro bowler. I would give up a player that would see about 2 games for a player that will see 16. It's not even a guarantee that Vick will get hurt. He played a full season in 2004(excluding the Saints game where Mora didn't play any of our real starters).

I wouldn't doubt it. In Atlanta we are taught the value of a dollar early, so Falcons fans looking for highway robbery isn't surprising. But it wouldn't take much of anything to make that deal.

15. IonSen88

IonSen88 New Member

Wow. I'm interested....Where does that stem from?

16. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Where does what stem from? the word SETS?

Do you know tennis?
    sets are games within a match
    you play best of 3 sets or best of 5 sets

17. IonSen88

IonSen88 New Member

:) They'll contend. For some reason, alot of people are picking the Mets to win the East this year. It's a long road, but if they can keep Pedro healthy, they may be able to do it. If not, I really think they should strip most of that team and try to fire up a farm system, because the New York Yankee 101 book isn't working. They don't have to buy every free agent out there, but hopefully for your sake things will turn out differently than it has in recent years.

However, you can choose to look at it this way: The last what? 4 world champions have been Wild Cards(even in the NFL the current champion was a wild card) and last years wild card from the NL made the world series. So maybe you do want the World Series and allow us to get the Division where we will promptly choke. Food for thought?

:drunk:

Imma let it go though....Don't want to make this a baseball thread which I have done a bunch of times on alot of boards.

18. IonSen88

IonSen88 New Member

No, the irresistible urge to name teams with the 'ets'(Jets, Nets, Sets, Mets, etc).

19. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Oh...

Mets is short for New York METROPOLITANS )Legal Name)
    Jets used to me Titans. Switched to Jets when moved into Shea Stadium, which is next to LaGuardia Airport.

The Nets were next..pretty obvious why.

20. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

good post..