Hey guys Falcon Fan here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hot Rod, Mar 17, 2006.

1. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

You talking to me? Do you not see the humor in that post or is there a pole shoved so far up your ass your sense of humor is lost..WTF MAN

2. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

relax. we's jokin'

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

He said, "ha ha"!

4. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Come on now.... we're not THAT dumb.

This don't look like a joke....

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0405051vick1.html

I lived in ATL until this past June. I have my own "Who is Ron Mexico?" T-Shirt. I think you and your friends should all wear sombreros to the games.

5. Cwdownz

Cwdownz New Member

LOL nothing wrong with a little raping and pillaging talk amongst fellow football fans.

6. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

My bad I thought he was serious..F Miami..

7. Cwdownz

Cwdownz New Member

Of course not. Just a little humor to go along with all of this crazy trade talk.

8. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I'll counter. We'll give you Abe, Ramsey, and our 4th round Edwards pick for Schaub, your first, and next year's first!

We have the world by the balls now! BWAHAHAHAHAH! :wink:

9. Buttle

Buttle New Member

Classy post. Welcome to the boards and best of luck to you and the Falcons in the upcoming season. :)

10. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

well it doesnt mater cause the vikings are dumb

11. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Do they really think this will shake-up Tangini ... with such obvious and childish gamesmanship?

TALK ABOUT DILUSIONAL!!

Hey Falcons, you got a deal with Minnesota, great, take it ... take it now ... we've already moved on to Seattle {you had your chance, but you wanted to steal Abe for a set of steak knives}, so you might as well move on too, swing that big imaginary deal with the Vikings :rolleyes:

12. guy0nthec0uch

guy0nthec0uch New Member

Falcons fan here. Greenmachine asked some of us at the Falcons Roost (www.falconsroost.com) to come say hi.

First off, I don't read the AtlantaFalcons.com boards. They are a bunch of dumbasses. The kool-aid is strong there.

As for the Schaub/Abe thing, who knows. All I know if you guys have two poor excuses for QBs and we have a pretty good one for a back up. You guys have a digruntled Pro Bowler at DE and we have a 2nd year starter there. So a straight up deal would benefit both teams. Having Schaub as insurance for Vick is nice, and I would hate to see him go. However, a backup isn't enough to keep me from wanting a starter. Schaub could start for you guys. He's already a better player than Pennington and Ramsey and he's ready to go.

The pick compensation is the problem here. The leverage is all on Abe right now. He wants to play in Atlanta, but we need safety help too much to give away our first pick. We signed Lawyer Milloy but that's just putting a band-aid on a flesh wound. We also signed Chris Crocker (who?) from the Browns but we need alot of DB help. We cannot give up our 1st round pick. So this is going to be a strange situation as Abe is franchised and the Jets have to deal him or they are stuck with a high priced, unhappy player that can cancer the locker room.

I'd be happy if we could work this out by trading Schaub and Abe straight up but many of you here probably think that's a joke. Remember, we are the reason Brett Favre was/is a Packer. Schaubs really talented, watch film on him. If we have to do picks a 2nd and 3rd for Abe is a stretch, you guys get bent on that. Or maybe a 2nd this season and next season. Who knows. Like all of you, I'm just waiting to see how this plays out.

Nice to meet you all. GreenMachine, get me a Falcons avatar or let me bring Christina over!! :beer:

13. NYJetFan37

NYJetFan37 New Member

14. theUandtheJETS

theUandtheJETS New Member

vikings get ripped off left and right, they get 2nd for injured culpepper and then will give up a 1st for shaub doesnt make any sense, did bradway get in on those vikings Front Office meetings?

15. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

how about Schaub and Crumpler for Abe, Ramsey and a 4th?

16. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

As a Falcons fan do you actually like Michael Vick? I think he's a horrible QB. Yes he can run & create offense but his accuracy is terrible. It's like watching a pop warner kid throw the ball, you never know where its going to end up.

17. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

cw, the Falcons will not acquire Abe and they have only themsleves to blame

They could have had him if they simply dealt with the Jets in good faith, as opposed to trying to steal an All-Pro defensive end in his prime, and a bona-fide impact player, for what amounts to an insulting offer for such a player

The fact that Falcons management had the audacity to insist that not only was their 1st RD Pick off the table, which I can somewhat understand, but so was their backup QB ... well my friend, that was the height of arrogance in my view and the main reason Abe will be a Seahawk and not a Falcon, and you can take that to the bank

By taking that position from day one, that their 1 and Schaub were both off the table, the Falcons were announcing to the Jets they they were only interested is STEALING JOHN ABRAHAM ... not in making a good faith deal

This is a fact, and it's the reason Abe WILL NOT be a Falcon

Having said that, let me be the first to tell you Abe is a terrific player ... every inch of an IMPACT PLAYER ... some Jet fans dislike him for any number of reasons so they focus more on the warts, but I can assure you that this man is a bona-fide IMPACT PLAYER ... and it's a shame you lost him over something as foolish as your backup QB who will not even see the field unless the starter {Mike Vick} is injured, because you seem like a nice guy and I wish you could have landed this cat and watched him tear QB's a new @$$ on the carpet ... I really do ... but you can blame the arrogance of your FO for blowing it, and they did lose an impact player who could have helped you guys immensely ... don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise

As for holding out hope that Abe will shoot his way out of NY by demanding a trade to Atlanta, for a joke of an offer, and having the Jets FO fold ... not happening my friend ... Bradway is no longer the GM and the new guys mean business ... the proof is how they heldout till the Skins agreed to deal Ramsey for a 6 as opposed to the 4 they have been demanding for weeks ... as much as the Jets needed a QB, the new GM and HC would not budge an inch till the price was right ... so trust me, these cats are not folding for Abe

Contrary to popular opinion, Abe does not have all the leverage here ... the Jets have to agree to trade him, and they're not trading him for less than his worth ... and Abe wants a long term deal, so he better grab it from Seattle or he'll be playing another year {in NY} without the long term deal he covets ... when he realizes that, I suspect he'll make a deal with the Hawks

#37 Jabba the Jet, Mar 17, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  18. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

Was gonna come on a post a "Can you believe the arrogance of the Falcons?" type response, but Jabba The Jet just said it all. Outstanding post, Jabba. These guys in Atlanta must be sniffing too much of the Home Depot saw dust. Tangini just got big points in my book. You can bet they just got pissed off at Atlanta's antics and called Seattle, got a deal for their 1st round, and have not smartly snaped the ball back in their court. Tag you're it, McKay...

19. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

The arrogance has been staggering

They were attempting to acquire a TOP 5 DE in his prime ... legit impact player who can wreck the game all by his lonesome ... you can count the John Abe type DE's on one hand ... and they had the unmitigated gaul to insist that even their backup QB was off limits

The level of arrogance was breath-taking to behold

I don't know which was more audacious ... refusing to include their backup QB in the deal or offering a second round pick?

#39 Jabba the Jet, Mar 17, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  20. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Jabba, tonight you have become my TGG hero! Awesome posts today man! I agree with every single thing you have written.