Hey Champ

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by typeOnegative13NY, Nov 12, 2006.

1. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I am not disagreeing with the assessment. Just that the NFL and its fans are so fickle. One week, a player or team is great and everyone loves them, and the next week the opposite. You look at other sports, like the NHL, MLB, NBA and people are so willing to overlook a bad game, or even a bad series, even a bad year. But the NFL changes with the wind. Not that people don't have cause, but still...

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Yeah, he threw those perfectly but I was still nervous each time.

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Oh for sure. I hate the swing passes and screens, but they were effective yesterday to my surprise.

Floated JUST out of the reach of the linebacker each time and resulted in 7+ yards both times. Nice touch.

4. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

You just reminded me. Screen passes. I don't remember seeing one classic HB screen pass yet. It's one of my favorite plays to watch. I'd think a shifty back like Leon would be able to effectively run this kind of play.

5. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

It's tough to set up a screen when the normal routes your WRs run are only a couple yards beyond where the screen would be.

6. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

Hah. It all goes back to the same common thread, doesn't it :breakdance:

7. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

We have to bump this until Champ posts in this thread.

8. KSJets

KSJets New Member

After the second game was when they started trying to force-feed the run. Also, the footing on the field yesterday was atrocious. Brady was way off target on numerous throws as well.

9. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Can you go ahead and list all of Brady's misthrows too? Because he had a lot of passes that were behind the receivers and just off target. There were a couple where they had to make one handed catches, one of which was a throw behind the receiver coming across the middle where he was sliding and reached behind him to catch it.

And that throw to Coles when he misjudged it was to his outside shoulder, right where it's supposed to be. Coles just seemed to misjudge it in the rain and fog.

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

There is a very good reason for this - the NFL season is only 16 games long. If a basketball or hockey player has three bad games in a row you might not notice it; if a centerfielder has three bad games in a row you might sit him down for a game; if your QB has three bad games in a row your season might be over.

As far as a bad season goes, again, there's a very good reason - in every other sport multiyear contracts are guaranteed. You'd better be willing to overlook a bad year, because you're going to be stuck with the person next year anyway. If contracts in other sports were not guaranteed, you would probably see just as much quick reaction to a bad season as there is in the NFL.

As to the posters calling people (like me) who note that Pennington has not played all that well since September "pathetic," get a grip. Noting this doesn't make me (or others like me) pathetic or bad Jets fans; it shows that we're actually watching the games. This isn't one game, or two games, or three games, or even one year of results here - this has been going on for years. Pennington has always had a much smaller margin for error than some other QBs, because he doesn't have the ability to make plays with a big arm. The guy has 10 TDs and 9 INTs and an 81.5 rating; this is not the performance of an elite QB. That's just the way it is, and being a fan has nothing to do with it.

And yes, Tom Brady also had a bad game yesterday. He's also indisputably one of the two best QBs in football, and has won 3 SB rings. He gets a lot bigger benefit of the doubt than Chad does.

11. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Champ can not be a happy man. we beat NE and the GIANTS lost to the BEARS!

12. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Actually, Brady has had two bad games in a row :wink:

13. baamf

baamf Active Member

See, that is not fair. So if I don't agree with your opinion then I must not be watching the games. Seems to me you're exhibiting the same behaviors that you are complaining about.

Anyway, I thought there were a few games in October that Chads arm did not look good, and even posted myself that I thought something might have happened physically, or maybe it was fatigue. Yesterday I thought he played well, and showed some of the touch and zip that he had earlier in the year, especially in such deplorable conditions. Doesn't mean I didn't watch the game though, just have a different opinion....

:up:

14. statjeff22

I'll agree with you - you're absolutely right. The difference is that I was reacting to being called pathetic for daring to think that Chad hasn't played well in a while. From what I recall you didn't do that, so it wasn't aimed at you. I have no problem with people differing on all things Jets-related. I have a big problem with people acting like not drinking the kool-aid is equivalent to being pathetic, not a Jets fan, a loser, etc.

15. statjeff22

Actually, he had a good game yesterday compared to the week before! :up:

16. baamf

baamf Active Member

Totally agree, that's one of my biggest pet peeves. To be honest, I didn't read the entire thread so I probably shouldn't have replied. My apologies....

17. statjeff22

No problem, and I will also acknowledge that there hasn't been a whole lot of specific name-calling - just general posts saying that saying anything about CP is equivalent to not being happy about the win, which is the same as being a pathetic fan. I find such posts annoying, but hey, that's just me.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I just don't agree with much of anything you've posted the past two months. I'll just leave it at that.

Edit before someone accuses me of awful eyesight: It is true that the ball did not technically go right through Coles' hands. I believe that Pennington put that ball in the correct spot and that the receiver was at fault.
    I would like to see a 45-year old make that throw in the rain. I really would.

#118 Cakes, Nov 13, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  19. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I've had really bad Tennis elbow, I probably should have shut it down for the season.

20. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Won't do any good. I'm enjoying this topic as is.