Hey Big Ticket? Got a message for ya from Da Coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, May 1, 2022.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

No consequences, just basically means you're an undisciplined idiot if you can't stay clean for the one drug test you need to pass before you're drafted to make millions of dollars.

There's evidence for everything written there, you're free to look it up. I'm not going to aggregate all the articles.

2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

This is a real see no evil hear no evil take.

Since we didn't see the scale at 400 pounds, we can't listen to the multiple reports that say he can't to camp out of shape? Didn't MLF say it?

I saw his verbal spat with the coaches in a video, does this count?

He's getting another year to prove everything wrong.

I'm not really sure what to tell you. Believe what you want, no skin off my back.

3. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

Well a google search turns up nothing, nada, zilch about overweight fines. It did confirm a failed drug test, but nothing about the drug. If it was pot i just laugh. Again, all the other stuff about current conditions are purely speculative. And the injury time..you want to blame that on being overweight? Ok, if he weighed 390, 20 lbs more than playing weight of 370, he was 5% overweight. I wonder what an orthopedist would say to that.

Ralebird likes this.
  4. bleedgreen

You mean he came to camp last year out of shape. Sure he did. No argument. Does that mean the same thing this year? You have some info to share?

5. JackBower

Do you have info to share otherwise? According to you, there's no way for us to know.

He's getting another year. I honestly don't get your point. You asked for evidence of his problems last year, you were given them and then said well we don't know about this year. Well that's why he's getting another year to prove last year was a fluke, which I wanted personally.

Again, you're welcome to believe anything you want.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. bleedgreen

I know nothing. Therefore i have no reason to say he wont be in better shape for this year. Maybe the drug test shows he is stupid, but he must know his job and future millions depend on 2022. All i have seen are impressive twitter feeds from workouts. So i`ll believe he is working hard till proven wrong. And i did see some salah quotes that appear positive regarding his condition

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Within the last few weeks his rehab trainer/coach said they were happy that he's gotten below 400 pounds. Note they didn't say how much below - if you're a Pollyanna you can think that means he's down near 365-360 if you want, but I think the fact that they didn't specify means he's closer to 390. In any case to play in the wide zone blocking scheme which requires mobility, the less he weighs the better, don't you agree? Even 365 would probably be too much.

But don't make this about his weight because that's just the tip of the iceberg (pun intended). It's the other stuff that REVISion re-posted.

REVISion likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

What "impressive" Twitter feeds? Him carrying giant barbells doesn't prove that he can play T against live competition, or even run agility drills. Until he can do that, he's not ready to play...almost 9 months after being hurt.

I'm not impressed.

9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...id_recovery_from_knee_surgery/s1_127_37446762

Just because you weren't aware of it doesn't make it "purely speculative". We have comments from his own nutritionist that say he was over 400 lbs. And yeah, I do want to blame delayed recovery from a knee injury on being over 400 lbs, very illogical of me huh? Orthopedists say every 10 lbs of weight gained puts an additional 30-40 lbs of stress on your knees.

Regardless of my opinion on the matter though, it was also reported that his recovery was delayed due to weight gain:

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/nf...-happened-jets-mekhi-becton-mysterious-injury

Regarding the drug test - nobody cares if he smokes weed, we just think that you lack discipline and are kind of a moron if you can't stop smoking for a few weeks for the biggest job interview of your life. It's an IQ test, not a drug test.

#69 REVISion, May 2, 2022
    Last edited: May 2, 2022
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. bleedgreen

My point is the op never said becton was out of shape and in referencing the article he left out that saleh said hes working his tail off. We have tabs on him we kniw exactly what he is doing and what his rehab state is. 100s of posts later becton is 400 lbs and out of shape, lets ttrade Him for whqtever we can get.

KingRoach likes this.
  11. JackBower

That's some people's opinion (not mine), just like some people opinion is he's had incredible workout videos posted on Twitter (not mine). But it's been documented and verified he's been out of shape, so that's not opinion.

12. bleedgreen

thanksfor the articles. its still unclear to me if weight caused the long time frame or visa versa. here is quote from second article
    Obviously the knee did not come along as quickly as they had hoped. And then what happened was, because he wasn't able to do the kind of things that he needed to do to get into rehab and get back in shape, he put on weight.
    i also dont dispute the orthopdist info that weight adds stress. what i dont know did the stress lead to the injury? most stuff i read said no.
    so posturing causal relationships between why he got injured, why it took so long to recover, etc. Is why i dont watch talking heads on tv.

i'm really not trying to be stupid about this, but i still say everything i read leads me to believe he will report with acceptable weight. of course i could be wrong. we all hope i am right, correct?

13. ColoradoContrails

First, I don;t know anyone here who said "Let's trade Becton for whatever we can get". I sure would trade him for a reasonable return but if JD has been shopping him he hasn't gotten a reasonable offer yet.

And last year we all expected him to show up at OTAs ready to build upon his rookie season - in which he missed some games due to injury and had to come put for breathers in almost every game, and yet he showed up out of shape which carried over into P.S. where he was beaten like a government mule by Lawson and also by every opposing DL he faced in P.S.. If you want to assume that he'll show this year in shape and ready to go, go ahead, that's your right as a fan, but continuing to question and imply that there's no reason for anyone to be worried is bordering on the obtuse.

REVISion likes this.
  14. bleedgreen

agree about last year. never said otherwise. it is because of that i feel he "leaned a lesson". Sure you can doubt him. I choose to give him the benefit of doubt. And maybe fatherhood changes you. It did me.

15. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Paid extra? Or don't get docked because it's voluntary? Christ, you and your fucking politics. Stop seeing ghosts where there are none, Killer.

16. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I read your comment as the other poster at his progressive company doesn’t get paid.

I took from the original posters comment that he didn’t think the CS was giving Becton shit hence why I didn’t realize you were talking about Becton.

Re ghosts- just cuz you don’t see them doesn’t mean they’re not there.

17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Apology accepted.

KingRoach likes this.
  18. JackBower

I regret my analogy

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hey Roach, I got your worthless information right here....

#79 Cman68, May 2, 2022
    Last edited: May 2, 2022
  20. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

GM Joe Douglas said on @TMKSESPN that ‘the hope is’ after Mekhi Becton’s baby is born he will report to voluntary OTAs + reiterated this is voluntary & said we want to make sure everything is good w/ his GF & the baby after this ‘life changing event’

More not so subtle comments to Becton. They are really holding this man’s feet to the fire.