Heros and Goats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SettlerDawg, Sep 7, 2008.

1. 624

624 Banned

guys...the most athletic people can tear ACLs just walking down the street..

Nugents injury was a fluke and injuries are mistakes..and it was just unlucky

its not his fault he got injured

2. Kramer

Kramer Member

Coles only caught the first pass of the game i think...

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't think we'll know whether the run D is actually good or not till next week.

Remember, guys, the dolfags had Chad Fucking Pennington behind the center. Doesn't that tell you something? TJ, hampered by constant 8-man in the box with road pylon of OL (Adrian Clarke?) still came up with 1100 yards on the ground - kudos to him. As I was watching the Dolphins play out, I was constantly reminded of how the Jets lost those "close" games last year, but I digress.

The point is, 1) once you know the QB can't throw more than 15 yard, that pretty much limits the offensive capability of the entire team. Really, if this keeps up, the dolphins are in for a long season. Expect another 4 win season, if they are that lucky.
    2) For this game alone anyway, the run D looked very impressive, more or so because the Jets D never had to fear the long balls beating them. True, you still have to execute, but Pennington being their QB couldn't but help the situation.

4. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Kris Jenkins is the key. If he can stay healthy and motivated, our entire D will be 1000x better.

5. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

Unlucky for him, lucky for us because now Mangini is forced to get a kicker. Sorry, I have nothing against Nugent as a person but f**k it, his job is to kick FG's and if he can't do it, let's get someone who can. Also, I didn't think his heart was strong enough after the injury--if they had to hold him down to stop him from coming onto the field after the second TD, or he ran into the locker room to get a shot right after the injury, I would have been more pleased. He's a good man, and may he recieve blessings, but as a NYJ kicker, I think he's gone.

6. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

goats:

Nugent for getting hurt. How does a kicker get hurt on a 30 yard kick ? Did the guy not warm up ?

Mangini for not having an emergency K ready. Somebody should practice kicking PAT's or kickoffs a few times during the summer just in case. Obviously this wasn't done.

Sutton for being a p*ssy with the prevent D in the 4th.

7. mr.bogal

mr.bogal Member

I dont see how in 2 pages worth of post no one mentioned Eric Smith as a goat. To this day I dont understand why he is still on the team.

8. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

He's a goat because he got injured.....wow.

9. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Gotdamn! Jenkins went thru the offense! We have never ever ever had anyone that throws downs players like ragdolls! Lowery! You are the #2 period!. Pace.....oh shit ! Revis the true shut down Randy Moss playa! Rhodes....does anybody dare go to his side? Barton ....hell yeah man.Harris....don't go there man! Richardson.... open em up for Jones!Faneca...nasty. Woody..... can they get up after you smashem. Stuckey! Coles..... if you ever go down I HAVE COMPLETE CONFIDENCE IN OUR WRS! It's been 20 or more years since I said that!We are deep at WR!!!!! We need a safety opposite Rhodes..... thats automatic toast 4 us.

10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

The only downer besides Nugent and Graham was the pass protection, especially the blitz pickup, I thought Ellis and Pace had great games as did Revis and Lowery...who the hell was covering Fasano?

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

R. Williams 10- 24, attribute most of that to Kris Jenkins who played a great game for stuffing the middle...

12. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

what exactly did Eric Smith do to deserve being a goat for the game?

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

He was drasticly out of position on the second Phins TD. Leaving one WR triple covered and another wide open for the score.

14. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Sign Jay Feely.

15. mr.bogal

mr.bogal Member

It was his fault they Miami scored there 1st TD. This guys field awareness is just bad. He always arriving at the reciever after the catch and not during the catch. He has been like this since hes been on the team. I would rather have Stuckey playing saftey then Smith. Thats just how bad he is.

16. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I just have to shout out Bryan Thomas' name one more time. It's only one week - but he showed he is capable of good things when surrounded by talent. Pace, Thomas and Gholston(eventually) should terrorize the AFC East for years to come.

17. songster67

songster67 New Member

I wasn't overly thrilled with #30 is that Drew Coleman? Surprised by Coles...especially the play where the ball hit his knee. Also wondering how healthy he is.

18. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

There was definitely a mistake on the coverage. Who let the TE go ? Was he expecting Safety help ? But it's not clear who's to blame.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

coleman is the reason Fasano didn't win the game over the middle..

20. mr.bogal

mr.bogal Member

Its the saftey's fault cause he can see where everything is going. Even if the WR was his man, seeing that there was 2 LB's next to the WR and the TE is passed the LB common sense would tell the saftey that he is the only one left to gaurd the TE. But E.Smith has no common sense or any football awareness at the saftey spot. And to think we got rid of Atari Bigsby.