Herm: The worst thing I did when I was in New York was..........

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pride, May 15, 2007.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I can agree w/ that. we were so bad for so long that getting to the playoffs and being a contender was great but we need to break through one of these years.

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Vermeil took over a bad team with a bad QB brought in he's own QB and took KC just as far as Herm did in he's one playoff appearance as Herm did in he's 3 with two quality QB and a loaded team. Vermeil left Herm a 10 & 6 team and Herm took them to 9 & 7 which last year made the playoffs big deal, what did he do in the playoffs, he put together one of the most predictable game plans of any playoff team and put up an outright stinker, it was embarrasing to watch and the fact that he went to diner with the opposing coach instead of working to win that game says an awful lot about Herm.

Is KC on the upswing with Herm? Are the Jets on the upswing since they dumped Herm? My opinion is no on the first and yes on the second.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

My credo exactly! SB or bust. Nothing else matters but winning a CHAMPIONSHIP!

4. championjets69

Well if U admit that Man was better the Herm then why R U defending him when U admitted U felt he would never bring us the CHAMPIONSHIP?

#144 championjets69, May 17, 2007
    Last edited: May 17, 2007
  5. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I never thought I'd agree with champ on anything, but I do here. I think I just saw a pig fly by too :eek:hmy:

6. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

At the end of the day, we have all the evidence we need to summarize Herm Edwards like this: the guy is just not that bright. Clock management for example requires some rudimentary intelligence, and he couldn't figure it out. As with Cotch, one would logically conclude that because in training camp, "this Cotchery kid was a standout", that giving him reps in games could possibly help the team win. But that pretty simple logic apparently was lost on Edwards. Not a smart man....

7. championjets69

Exactly which is why his record vs Belly is what is

8. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

you know herm inherited a team put together by bill parcells. i wanna see what he does down the road in k.c. i mean without larry johnson i bet herm is lucky to see the playoffs again.

9. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Funny how Vermeil couldn't find the playoffs with Larry Johnson, but Herm could! :lol:

10. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Funny how those tie-breakers work from year to year isn't it?

11. nyjunc

and parcells inherited a team built by Steinberg/kotite and mangini inherited a team built by Bradway- what is your point?

Here come the excuses. He acquired Green for his 1st year in KC and he priest holmes in his prime who was a thousand times better than Larry Johnson.

That "10 & 6" vermeil left was 10-6 b/c they played Cincy in week 17 and Cincy didn't play starters. The team he left herm also did not include their HOF LT, another starting OL, their PB FB and he lost his QB for most of the year yet Herm still got his team to the playoffs something Vermiel could do just once. it's amazing how lucky Herm is to do such things.

12. winstonbiggs

What excuse? Vermeil took the Chiefs further than Herm did. Vermeil made it to the second round in he's one apperance Herm didn't do that? What excuse?

13. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

my point is that the parcells 2000 draft may have had A LITTLE BIT to do with why herm made the playoffs 3 times at all. oh and that little trade that got us curtis martin.

14. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

herm wouldnt even be saying this if cotchery didnt have a good season herm is once again talking out of his ass. hes trying to make look good by saying that. if cotch had a 200 yrd season herm wouldnt have said anything

15. winstonbiggs

You could throw in the deal for Mawae who might have been the best player on that team until 05 but it helps Juncs argument if you forget all that and give the credit to Kotite. Was Vinny on Kotites team?

16. nyjunc

Vermeil had 5 years in KC and didn't win a playoff game and took them ONCE. herm is 1 for 1 taking them to the playoffs. Edge Herm.

That was Groh's draft, to see what a Parcells draft looks like see 1997-1999 and what does it matter? W/o keyshawn, Chrebet, jumbo, Mo, Glenn, Brady, Green, ... we don't see an AFC Title Game in 1998.

17. nyjunc

He got lucky w/ Vinny. he didn't even want vinny but had no choice. The core of our '98 team was built by previous regimes. I don't think it matters either way but when you guys argue that's why herm succeeded but then ignore all the talent BP inherited it's not fair. BP got "his players" to 1 postseason, herm took "BP's players" to 3.

18. winstonbiggs

In the playoffs Junc if you win more games you sometimes get a bye through the first round. Vermeil went further than Herm did, Herm never got past that game either. Vermeil at least got he's team a home game and first round bye.

Herm won a game and lost a game in one playoff just like Parcells did only Parcells took us to the AFC finals which is better than Herm every did in he's 3 years. You see it's more than just getting to the playoffs, it's advancing to the SB to win it. Herm never did that, Vermeil and Parcells actually did do that and both went further with less chances with Herms team than Herm did.

19. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

ok so aside from not being able to manage a game, not knowing which players to put in, and not being very creative on play calls then yeah herm is a great coach. i mean he got us into the playoffs 3 times on a team put together by a hall of fame coach and on the back of a hall of fame running back. and how many people think kansas city is making the playoffs again this year by the way?

20. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

tie-breakers, shmie-breakers... you are either in the playoffs or at home on your fat ass eating doritos and drinking beer. Not Herm! He's a post-season regular, by God! :)