Herm already getting ripped in K.C

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets18, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Not really. Our "idiot" owner is a freakin' genius for seeing the KC flirtation coming and using it as an excuse to get out of this moron's contract and into a contract with somebody who can actually coach the team!

Woody is the NFL equivalent of a Rhodes Scholar for not only helping him out the door, but receiving compensation for this JO. We should have offered KC a 4th Rounder just to take him off our hands!

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I give you credit, that's actually funny:beer: :lol:

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Does sound that way & I will advise you if my friends ante up enough money to ship you off to KC. I'm sure at this moment you still have a broken heart cause of Herms leaving so feeling sooooooooo sorry for you I am trying to help you get over your love affair with Herm

4. championjets69

Yes all that still does not explain your constant attacking of me & supporting Herm while he was in NY

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Perhaps it's revenge for putting us through 6000 posts of the NFL equivelant of the countdown to extinction.

Maybe pertro can just build you a calendar.

6. nyjunc

I am a NEW YORK JETS fan not a fan of any coach or player. Players, coaches, GMs, etc... leave all the time. I root for them when they are here, I wish them well wherever they go but I don't care how they do. I was disappointed the way the whole Herm situation went down but I am happy where we are today and the way the future looks. We may not see a playoff year for another year or 2 but hopefully we build the right way and have another run similar to '97-'04 only taking the next step towards a Championship.

7. championjets69

OK I will give you a heads up once I have secured the monies needed to purchase you the tix to KC. What NY airport do you prefer leaving from?

8. nyjunc

:lol: You want to send me out yet you have been rooting against the Jets for years, I'll purchase some giant season tix for you so you can go to their games.

Did you watch the game on Sunday? I know you don't always like to watch the Jets.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Champs, I never attacked you... don't know where you're getting that from. You're confusing me with others, so get off it.

I supported Herm during his early years for many different reasons, but I'm not sure why I have to explain them all to you. But just because you gave up on Herm very early doesn't give you claim to being any smarter, more knowledgeable or more of a Jets fan, correct? Are you saying that because I threw in the towel on Herm later than you did, that doesn't give me the right to criticize him now?

If you've gotten up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, I'm sorry about that. But I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you over when each of us actually gave up on Herm. The point is, for me, he ran out of positive reasons for me to support him. The timeframe as to when this ocurred doesn't matter.

10. championjets69

Dont worry about me. Someday you will learn I NEVER root against the NYJs. You confuse me pointing out what I see wrong with the NYJs with what you see is rooting to lose. In the all the past 5 years in my complaining about Herm it was he is not the guy to get us to the promised land. You believed otherwise & it appeared had a personal heart felt love affair going with the Herm which is the reason we are trying to get up the money to buy you a airline tix to see you love boy one more time in action. So far we have accumlated $150.00 of a needed $500.00. In case the miracle happens again what airport do you want to depart & return to? Look at this way at least I like you enough to try to get you there whereas there are others on this board that I would not even make such a offer to.

11. championjets69

H'mm sorry to say your memory weakened on the attack point as you are on my Excel spreadsheet list as a attacker. I certainly would not have placed you on the list if you did not attack me. Dont worry there are many others on the list as well so you are not alone in that regard

#71 championjets69, Sep 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2005
  12. nyjunc

You were never happy when we were winning, you have to get to the playoffs efore you ca win Championships. we had 3 shots w/ him more than any coach in team history. I appreciate what we did, I'm not satisfied but I appreciate being in the hunt. It sure beats the Kotite days, right?

13. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

This is hilarious. Bravo. :rofl: :rofl:

14. championjets69

Well anything beat the Kotex days & if you are comparing all coaches to him then wow oare your standard ;ow & I mean very low. Yes that was our other idiot owner Hess who hired Kotex cause he brought him coffee during the games. Why not compare Herm say to Weeb or is that to hi for yoru standards or BP? Why pick such a bottom feeder as Kotex? Give me the airpoort please

15. Jets18

Jets18 New Member

It just keeps getting worse for Herm

Is it finally starting to dawn on people that he sucks as a Head Coach, because most Jet fans knew for years.

HONEYMOON IS OVER FOR HERM

A league source tells us that the reputation of Chiefs coach Herman Edwards is taking some hits in response to his recent comments that, in the opinion of some league insiders, constitute an implicit slap at former K.C. coach Dick Vermeil.

Deflecting the suggestion that he's too conservative, Edwards on Tuesday placed blame for the team's low scoring output in the season opening loss to Cincinnati on the offense that was in place prior to his arrival.

"If the people went to watch the Kansas City Chiefs play, that's the same offense they've watched for the last five years ? shifts, motions," Edwards said. "Maybe I should change, because if we're only going to score 10 points and we'll get the quarterback killed, then maybe I should change the offense."

Edwards' comments remind us of the fatherly advice offered up by Homer Simpson after he'd possibly consumed the venom of a poison blowfish. According to Homer, three simple statements are all you need to get by at work: (1) "Cover for me"; (2) "Good idea, boss!"; and (3) "It was like that when I got here."

So it's not the fault of Edwards or his coaching staff in teaching the offense or of the players assembled by King Carl Peterson in executing it. The problem, Edwards suggests, is the offense itself.

It was like that when I got here.

Hey, if the Chiefs really wanted continuity on offense, they should have given the job to offensive coordinator Al Saunders. Then again, King Carl was quick to point out on Tuesday that Saunders didn't fare much better in Week One: "[Edwards] hasn't [changed the offense]," Peterson said. "We're running our offense, the Kansas City Chiefs offense that has been run the last five years, OK? The Kansas City offense didn't score many points in Washington, D.C. [on Monday night] either, did it?"

The point here is that the offense that was put in place by Dick Vermeil and Al Saunders is an effective attack, if the team has compiled the right players to run it, the right coaches to teach it, and the right offensive coordinator to pick the plays that will be used against a given defense -- and to call the right plays at the right time (e.g., something other than a run into the middle of the line on third-and-five from the opponents' 11).

16. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Someone tell me if i read this right....Herm is blaming the lackluster performance of the chiefs on dick vermeils' offense?

The same offense that averaged 26.1 ppg last season [6th in the nfl], and averaging 28.8 ppg over the last 3 years? yea....i can see the 06 chiefs scoring 10 points is everyone but herms fault.

17. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Herm throws anyone and anything under the bus and never takes onus or responsibility on himself. That is not being a leader; if you act like this in the business world, you are toast......................

18. Vilmathegreat51

Vilmathegreat51 New Member

It's stuff like this that makes me thank god every night that we have Mangini and not Herm anymore.:beer:

19. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I think we need a forum for only Herm threads. I would take up permanent residency there. As funny as it was when he was our coach, it is even better now that he is someone else's problem. Gold...pure gold.

20. Jets18

Jets18 New Member

You are so right, I am still shocked that the media didn't pick this up before on how bad of a coach he was. But they loved him because he kissed their ass, plus he was always on time for the Monday Press confernces that was the only time he managed his clock right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.