Herm already getting ripped in K.C

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets18, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

imagine the jets having a better record than KC this year?????

that would speak volumes of the supposed "plan" of the previous 5 years

jil

2. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Or taunting maybe? :lol:

3. Hammr25

Hammr25 Member

Personally I think the Chiefs will be lucky to win 6 games this year. They fell apart last year in the games Willie Roaf was out so frankly the first game this year wasn't a real surprise.

I stayed away from LJ in my fantasy drafts for a reason.

4. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

This is classic Hermian material:

Q: Why was there miscommunication last game? Why did Mike Solari not know what down it was and where the ball was marked? Does that bother you?

EDWARDS: ?No, it doesn?t bother me because a lot of things can happen in a football game. The one thing I do know is that it was the first quarter. You know what I think is crazy about this deal? Let?s say it was a pass and not a run and we didn?t make the first down. It?s not a guarantee that because of the play we ran, if it was a pass, we?d get a first down or score. People say that. You give me a play that I know that I can run right now and score a touchdown?

Q: Well, but you can try?

EDWARDS: ?Yeah, but you can also try to run. You block it correctly and we might have scored a touchdown on that play. It?s no big deal.

?I?m an optimist when we play football, believe it or not. When we drove that ball down there (down to the goal line in the first quarter) I didn?t think this is the last time we were ever going to get down there. I don?t think like that. If I had thought that I would have gone for it on fourth down. I would have kept going for it if this is the last time I was going to get down there. It?s the first quarter. Are you kidding me?

:rofl2: Oh I love it

5. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

It's even better when you listen to the press conference because the transcript doesn't have every stupid thing he says:

This is great:

"I didn?t think this is the last time we were ever going to get down there. I don?t think like that. If I had thought that, I would have gone for it on fourth down. I would have kept going for it - just kept asking them for 8 more downs."

:rofl: eight more downs!? What the F is he talking about?

6. Denny

Denny Active Member

My head is spinning with the spin he's spinning. It's like he's trying to hypnotize the media.

He better hope the season ends before his mouth loses the chance of him being a coach commentary on the NFL Network. Can you imagine him breaking down pre-game matchups. That would be hysterically useless. :rofl:

7. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

Sounds like Herm forgot to bring a life perserver with him to Arrowhead for the post game press conference.

:shit:

So long Herm, enjoy the BBQ because after this week your gonna have to start paying for it from now on.

Mangini 1, Herm 0

:jets:

8. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

You know, as dumb as Herm is, compared to the media the man is a super genius. Maybe that's why he spends so much time in press conferences. In the media world, Herman Edwards is an IQ Giant, in the football world he is a mental midget.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It's truly sad, it really is. In some wierd way, I feel sorry for Herm. He's clearly over his head... has been since he became a HC in the NFL.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to succeed in life, to get ahead and achieve the job of your dreams. But if you're incapable of doing that job once you get there, can you imagine the living hell you just put yourself in? Not being able to balance remaining time outs with the time left on the clock? Uncomfortable with calling plays under this scenario because you're afraid to screw up even more, so you just call the time out regardless and then insert the safest play you can come up with and hope you don't lose the game over it? Coaching scared on game day because you know the media now has you under the microscope and has your number, so you polish your soft-shoe in order to dance in front of the microphones and not appear the idiot you are? When you run out of statements like, "You play to win the game" after you've clearly not played to win the game, you have to attack the media in the hopes of getting them off your ass?

I mean, come on. That's a living hell. The guy is going to wind up with a nervous breakdown and eventually resign.

10. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

He also got quite wealthy..................

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes he should give money back to our idiot owner Woody since he is the one responsible for making Herm whatever Herm is now

12. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

Sound familiar? Perhaps it's just a jinx that wherever Edwards goes, his Olineman just change and QB gets hurt.

13. jetsman1

jetsman1 Active Member

Saunders is the offensive coordinator in Washington this year.Mike Solari is the O-coordinator for Herm.Saunders was pissed he was passed over for the head coaching position so he asked to be released from his contract and KC obliged.The Chiefs don't have Al Saunders as a fall-back plan when Herm disintegrates whats left of that team!:breakdance: :beer:

14. championjets69

H'mm this is a interesting post. When I was saying what you posted for 5 years you & others attacked me day after day. Now all of a sudden here is the flip flop. Why was he so wonderful & terrific in your eyes while he was in NY & now so horrible in KC?

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

You want KC fans to go through 3 playoff seasons in 4 years?

16. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Herms K.C. run will be a bad memory 2 years from now for K.C. fans. Then all NFL fans will need to deal with him after he becomes a NFL analyst.

17. nyjunc

How does this "prove how bad of a Head Coach he is"?

18. championjets69

Hey I am asking my friends to donate money so we can buy you a airline tix so U can fly to KC to watch your love boy operate live & in person

19. nyjunc

I don't care what he does in KC but I appreciate the things the team did under him here.

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Herm went on to say "Look the football is shaped like an egg. It's egg shaped. It's hard to throw, so we tried to run. You ever thrown an egg for a touchdown? My daddy used to make me run with an egg and he said 'Son if you can run through your auntie shazelle and clara and not drop this egg, you can be a football player' so that's what I did. Shazelle broke a hip but my egg was fine. I ran with it. No need to throw. Run."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.