Herm already getting ripped in K.C

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets18, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

And right away with the blame game.

He didnt call any of the plays so how can people say hes too conservative on offense

GIVE ME A BREAK!!

Another words..go ask the OC..its not me....go ask paul hackett...go ask the qb why the play didnt get off on time...go ask the kicker why he missed the field goal...go ask god why we have no more qb's or offensive linemen left on the roster..go ask..go ask!!

The man that preaches to his players to look in the mirror...who do you see? should walk down to a Macys where they have those long mirrors that make you look 10lbs lighter but cant hide what a damn hypocrite you are.

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Your analysis is absolutely spot on. Well done. :up:

3. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Herm can't even straighten out Dick Curl.....:rofl:

4. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Tangini disciple, I know you're not a Herm apologist, but whose fault is it that the Chiefs were unprepared to patch the dike when their OL started to crumble? Certainly, Petersen deserves some of the blame, no doubt: he's the GM. Where was the contingency planning in the offseason? Herm was painting walls at the complex, not looking at his team.

Again, let me reiterate: the '06 Jets are lucky to be .500 team. But, you saw the first glimpse of how the new administration gets it and the old one didn't. Kendall goes down in the 2nd Qtr, and they plug in Katnik with no dramatic dropoff in performance. Granted, Kendall's better and we need him back ASAP, but Mangini had preached and worked all TC to ensure that there was a backup plan at every position. Flexible players are desired for a reason. He had A. Jones playing three positions in preseason games. And, he signed Trey Teague as a swing player across the OL, not to mention they signed up Clement. Clement's not the long-term answer at RT, but now they have Jones as a good backup.

Herm is starting to make excuses for things that he has only himself to blame. I'm sure to offend someone, but it's like the guy who rides 90 mph on his motorcycle weaving in and out of traffic on a rainy day. When you're in a coma, who's to blame: Mother Nature or your own actions? I know which way I vote.

5. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

Our O-line changed too, but we didn't use that as an excuse. Sure we played the Titans rather than the Bengals, but the Bengals are maybe a mediocre defense, and the Titans aren't that much worse.

6. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Couldnt agree with you more...dead on post.

The part about painting the walls cracked me up.

How can I put this without completely tearing down the man. Ok...Herm is an exterior kind of guy....especially when it comes to coaching in the NFL. He is more concerned with perception than reality.

He doesnt concern himself with x's and o's...couldnt call an offensive play to save his life. Hes more concerned with how people think of him then the job itself. His training camps are a perfect example. Game management...player adjustments...all part of reality..or what color the walls are.

The problem with that is eventually perception becomes reality..and taking another job in KC has exposed him a lot quicker then if he returned to ny...or took a quiet small town college job which he is better suited for...and where he will probably be in 4 or 5 years.

When you count on your mouth getting you big places...eventually your lack of knowledge and your failure to rise to a position the correct way comes back to haunt you...and it has now.

The day he called for Chad to take a knee was his first..and probably last play call he will ever make in the NFL.

7. GreenMachine

“He was coming out of it and we asked him who his head coach was. He said ‘Dick Vermeil,’ and we told him: ‘No, it’s Herman Edwards.’ And then he immediately started banging his head on the ground until he was unconscious again.”

the head trainer on the Kansas City Chiefs, speaking about Trent Green’s concussion

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

And just think, we got a 4th rounder out of it too. Future generations may look back at this and recognize it as the blockbuster trade of the decade.

9. Green on Kauai

Green on Kauai New Member

...and sweeping out the corners.:up:

10. baamf

baamf Active Member

:smile: , while chasing the chicken...

11. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

After the mess he left this team with, he deserves all of it and more.

I do not think there are too many coaches out there who could have resurrected this team any better than Mangini considering what he was faced with.

12. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

:rofl: :up:

Isn't it nice to finally have something to smile about? :grin:

13. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Talking with my dad today, I said Herm has 2 years left in the NFL, he doesn't even think he'll last this year. No way KC fires a HC they just traded for, but with the fans acting like rabid wolves, I don't see him having a very long time to get the ship headed in the right direction.....which is something he probably cannot do.

14. Section 227. Row 5

If you ask me, Herm's choking the chicken.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Heyyyyy, you can't do that on the sidelines.. Isn't that a 15yd penalty or somethin? :grin:

16. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I watched it late last night. That was my favorite part.

17. Section 227. Row 5

That would greatly disappoint me. I'd rather see him twist in the wind for at least 4-5 years. They say smiling increases longevity and I need to do a lot of laughing at my age.

Since Herm's antics are so side-splitting, I figure he could add another 30-40 years to my lifetime!

18. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I see the future clearly on this one. Herm's going to need to coordinate his exit from Kansas City with Jeff Tedford's jump from Cal to the NFL. If Herm can hang-on, and Tedford can stay content in college, Herm's devolution from the NFL to the college ranks would be all lined-up.

19. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

enjoy, kansas city, enjoy

20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

yes CMAN it is a personal foul......

jil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.