Here's What Cost the Jets the Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Chatham and Kassell are good depth guys. Why get rid of them?

Good post Joe Willie. A RB able to carry 25-30 times a game and control the ball/clock is needed badly. On defense, NT and a passrushing OLB should be brought in. Maybe a CB too.

Great thing is we have a ton of cap room apparently. Should be a fun offseason, unfortunately offseasons are depressingly long....

2. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Marshall Faulk was supposed to "slice and dice" the Pats in 2001.. Let's just wait and see ..:chargers:

3. Chrisn777

Chrisn777 New Member

that's the kind of attitude that's gotten the jets nowhere, the patriots are essentially run by a bunch of role players but in their respective roles they come through like superstars, so don't even start with that.

4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You've got to be joking, right? Barlow and his 2 yards per carry would have made all the differnce today. This was not the same game as the previous Pats game - no rain, no mud. Barlow was benched for a good reason. He stinks.

5. bigjetfan10

bigjetfan10 New Member

i think d-rob played good today as he did all year so a nt isnt a major need..unless you are talking about getting depth at the position

6. Chrisn777

Chrisn777 New Member

we should get rid of them because mangini essentially makes them starters.

7. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Dead on post OP. As bad a the D played, we were in the game until that WR screen was called. TWICE Chad pulled it down becuase Brick let the DE get too far upfield. I am by no means a line block expert, but if you are going to throw a WR screen you CANNOT let the end get up field, like Brick did at least 3x.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

IMO 2 playes really decided this game.....

#1 the 3rd and goal TD pass before the half, mentally it's better if the Jets go into the lockeroom down 13-10 than 17-10.

#2 The backwards lateral, I hate that play, I've hated it since Hackett was instructing Vinny to throw it to Sanatana. Sooner or aletr it was going to kill us and today it's a large reason as why New England is still playing and we're not.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

No he substitutes players... That's what happens in the NFL son, players get tired and need substitutes for a handful of plays.

10. Out for the Season

Out for the Season New Member

Even when the defense is not expecting run he gets 2 or less yards

11. Chrisn777

Chrisn777 New Member

i'd rather burn out vilma, hobson, barton, etc then start thoses two douches, seriously every other screen on tv was chatham or kassell looking like they just ran a marathon, when they were two busy getting burned every time.

12. bigjetfan10

bigjetfan10 New Member

yea but they were still in the game untill the lateral

13. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

Willie White, you usually have very good posts. And while everything you said was true and accurate, this has to be the most obvious posts I've read today.

This team needs, run defense, pass defense, pass rush, score in redzone, i mean yea. It needs all the things that make a team good a successful. The problem is it's not that easy. ALL those things aren't bad, you usually only have to fix one or two things and that'll have a big chain of effects. That's how year in and year out a team that sucks can look great, with out any major super signings.

14. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

Next year we need to incorporate Baker into the passing offense alot more he looked good today, I had forgotten all about him. Asante Samuel also looks damn good in FA, not only do we get a good CB but we make Pats D instantly weaker.

15. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

That's why you'd be a terrible coach.

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

So kill me for stating the obvious. It beat the threads blaming Vilma, Nugent, Graham, Pennington, etc.

17. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

Which would seem to make the job easier for us.

18. ANJI

ANJI New Member

Well The run defense didn't look good between the 20's if you ask me. Inbetween the 10's really. Especially up the middle, that is directly a cause of your NT. WE need a big guy in there if we what to be GREAT, like the Pats. Good doesn't cut it.

19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

guys we're gonna see about 124"this is what the Jets need" threads in the coming weeks and months....there really is no need to get too complicated here. We need to learn how to run the ball. And we need to stop the run.

20. ColoradoJets

ColoradoJets Member

I've been waiting all season for that wide receiver screen pass to cost us the game. I don't blame D-Brick on that, when you call that stupid play 7-10 times per game teams are going to pick up on it. The end just went wide on him and he was right in the path of the pass.

Every week I expect that play to go for a TD in the other direction and I never expect it to gain more than 3 yards for us. That play has to be put away next season, at least stop calling it on every drive.

Did i mention I hate that play?

Rant over, great season nonetheless. Don't get too down, things are looking up! I know everyone's patience is thin but there was no way we were getting out of this conference this year. We're not good enough to win 3 in a row.