Help Out a Fellow TGG Member

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MaximusD163, Apr 27, 2020.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Listening now on PC will see if I can work out how to get it on my iPod. :rolleyes:

MaximusD163 likes this.
  3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Before I clicked on this I thought it was a GoFundMe pitch because your dog has a broken leg/can't get surgery/$/huge vet bill. Whew. I hate that.

Sure, I'll give a listen.

Brook!, K'OB and MaximusD163 like this.
  4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

.. . ^^^

. . That is not rapprochement. . That is encroachment. . This is not "your" thread.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  5. jetophile

Offsides, 5 yard penalty, repeat 1st . . . nevermind.

6. MaximusD163

Hey all, tonight we are recording our episode all about the salary cap. First in a 3 part series all about team building. If anyone has any questions about how the salary cap functions or what particular terms mean in relation to the cap, now is the time to ask!

As always, thanks for the support TGG

Brook! likes this.
  7. MaximusD163

Brook! likes this.
  8. MaximusD163

Not sure if anyone listened to the Salary Cap episode, but any feedback is welcome, positive or negative. I know it was a little dry but it is the salary cap after all.

Tomorrow we are recording the second part of the series, which will be all about the draft.

If anyone has questions, we’ll answer on air, and they don’t specifically need to be about the draft.

Thanks!
    Max

Brook! likes this.
  9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Max. Would love to hear your Top 3 teams with highest grade after this draft.

Also talk about your top 3 best picks of First Round.

Can’t wait to listen.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. MaximusD163

You got it

11. MaximusD163

Hey guys, our “NFL Team Building: The Draft” episode dropped early this morning! Another long one but I think our best yet. For anyone who is interested in the draft as a whole, this is definitely one for you. It’s also a great introduction for anyone who is a new fan and would like to understand the draft process a bit more.

Anyone out there who disagrees with any of my draft takes on this board, check it out. It might clarify some of my opinions, or maybe you still disagree and let me know!

Thanks to @Brook! for the questions!

Brook! likes this.
  12. jetophile

Like George Washington, I cannot tell a lie! I have Washington on the brain because I was watching the series, er, 'Washington' on The History Channel. Anyway, I cannot tell a lie! I didn't tune in yet, but I shall! Because I cannot tell a lie! I mostly wanted to see how it's going so far.

Brook! likes this.
  13. MaximusD163

Ha thanks for asking, it’s going well, we’re really getting rolling now. We’ve completed two parts of our “Team Building in the NFL” series, first episode was the salary cap, second episode was the draft. Our last episode of that series will be this week; free agency and trades. This particular series is not a review of this year, but rather focuses on these as the infrastructure for the NFL as a sports league, and strategies to approach them. It’s a great series for those new to the NFL and longtime fans I think, but you’ll have to let me know!

In a couple weeks we’ll start our deep dives, team by team. With those we’ll talk about salary cap investments by position, draft investment, and schemes and all that good stuff, and of course predictions.

It’s pretty cool, we’re getting listens all over the States, and a couple other countries as well. I’ve been so busy I just need to keep up with social media stuff you know.

Brook! likes this.
  14. Brook!

Guys.

Just a friendly suggestion. Max is awesome. His podcasts are awesome. I strongly suggest that you listen and provide 5 star rating.

Dear Mehta and Cimini

You guys suck. Learn from Max will you?

Cheers!

MaximusD163 likes this.
  15. MaximusD163

This week’s episode is the final of the three part series on team building! You can still find it on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and Stitcher for now.

Next week, will be pretty casual before we start our division by division deep dives.

Brook! likes this.
  16. Brook!

Awesome. You sound so cool dude. Can you invite @NCJetsfan as guest in one of your episodes?

17. MaximusD163

Yeah sure, @NCJetsfan what topic would you like to talk about? We’ll be doing team by team breakdowns soon, although the AFC East won’t come up for a few weeks.

Brook! likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Whoa! I am extremely humbled that you think me worthy of going on Maximus' show. Thanks!

Brook! likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Wow! Thanks, Maximus! That would be an honor, but am not sure I am deserving. How would it work? Would you ask me leading questions? The only team I feel remotely qualified to speak about is the Jets, although I could possibly do some research on the Panthers. I'd need plenty of lead time to prepare. Let me think for a day or so, and you also think what you think might be a good topic for me. It would depend upon the timing.

Brook! likes this.
  20. MaximusD163

I’ll let you know what the schedule would be for the division by division, and you can pick out a team or two to study up on if you want. The show is not going anywhere so what I would say is if there is a specific topic you want to chat about that you feel particularly interested in, let me know because there will certainly be a place for it at some point, and I can schedule it in. The best conversation will come out of something you like to talk about.

Heck we’ve talked about everything from ultra dry salary cap nuance to statistics to the best uniforms, so there’s really nothing off the table.