Help me decide on a console

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by 1028, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I actually just sent my 360 back (again) today. Pissed off that Madden is coming out tomorrow, but customer service sucked asshole.

2. 1028

1028 Active Member

I don't get what makes this game so great. It's a 2D scrolling platform game where you design your own levels, if I understand it correctly... what's so great about that? I dunno, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what all the buzz is about.

And thanks to the dude who linked me to the Sony card. If Sony drops their price to compete with Microsoft's September price cut (at least that's what I would expect them to do), then that plus the Sony card would probably push me enough to go with the PS3.

#22 1028, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  3. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

If you want to play games, get a 360 by far.
    If you want blue ray, and better reliability, get a PS3

4. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I just said "Fuck It" and am trading in my PS2 for PS3, and will pay the difference...

Screw it.

5. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Ive got all 3 systems Wii, PS3, XBox 360. The 360 is my favorite ive owned one since it first came out and have never got the red ring of death. The Wii is fun when you have a bunch of friends over can play some fun drinking games with it. PS3 is my glorified movie player for now waiting for something worthwhile to play on it like a new Final Fantasy.

6. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

It is now. The World is Flat man. For what it costs, we'll never see big companies with customer service in North America again.

7. 1028

1028 Active Member

Thanks for the input, guys. I think I'm gonna end up going for the PS3 when I buy my console a week from Sunday.

I based my decision on the 360's unreliability (I have the original XBox and it's given me way too many technical difficulties for me to be confident in another Microsoft product, especially when I hear all the troubles the new one is experiencing), the free online play (which I had no idea about... thanks Jtuds), and the PS3's blu ray player. The games also appeal to me slightly more... I'm hoping Sony announces more exclusive titles in the near future though.

Anyways, thanks for the help.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm about to go out and buy a PS3...need some feedback first though.

What's the difference between the 40GB and 80GB? Just more storage?

Also, I'm probably going to buy two games - what are some good titles?

9. ........

........ Trolls

Storage. I have the MGS4 80GB, which was backwards compatible. The new ones aren't.

Depends on what kinds of games you like. If it's shooters, I'm playing Fallout 3 right now, which is fantastic. Some RPG elements, but far from a real RPG. Resistance can be had cheaply, I've had Resistance 2 since Christmas and haven't played it yet. Uncharted is a good one as well. Most of the time if I play, I'm playing Rock Band.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Thanks man - I was thinking about picking up Fallout 3. I'll probably get a shooter and then Metal Gear 4...these should hold me off until this summer when the new EA football games come out.

I'm probably going to get the 40GB.

11. ........

........ Trolls

Fallout alone will take you until summer. I don't play very often, but I've still been playing it since December. I'm maybe halfway through with all of the side quests and such.

Also, I'm not sure you can still get the 40GB. I think they're just selling the 80GB now, but it's the same price the 40GB used to be.

#31 ........, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Just picked up an 80gig -- I bought Fallout 3 and the original RB6 Vegas, which I loved for 360.

I'll probably be playing non-stop...only checking TGG during the 7-round mock this weekend.

13. Joe Will E 69

Joe Will E 69 New Member

i love my 360 but it has broken on me 2 times and i dont even use it that much

14. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I?m a little late, but if you are looking for a shooter, imo, Killzone 2 is the top dog on the PS3, and I like it way better than Resistance 2. Great visuals, grafik, AI, but on the other hand a very basic straight shooter. The multiplayer is great. I hated the controlls at first, but after 1-2 hours, i loved them. don?t be surprised, if you got trouble at first. and don?t shy off, when you hate the controlls in the demo.

Love Fallout 3, took me about 100 hours to really see everything, great game.

MGS4 is another great title, but not everyone likes that there are so much and long cutscenes, you probably watch more Vids, than you actually play. But it?s out as a platinum now, and for that money, it?s a must have, imo.

If you want to, add me: BamBam8375

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I've had Killzone 2 for a couple of weeks - great fucking shooter. I was hooked for a week, but then I got The Show and have been playing both equally the same.

16. German Jets Fan

nice, add me, and i?ll kick your ass in KZ.

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Be advised I think the 40gig does not come with a wireless card.

That may have changed, but I bought the 80gig for the wireless.

I play Fallout 3 as well, 53 hours in and maybe halfway done?

Awesome game.

18. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Fallout 3 is great... ya know what... im gonna start a new game up.

19. German Jets Fan

I got the 40 GB, the only difference to the 80 GB, are the 40 GB more space, that?s all.

When I got mine, there also was no Dualshock 3, so it only came with the sixaxis, don?t know if they changed that.

20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I have the 80gb MGS4 also. Ours has 4 usb ports and also does backwards compatibility.
    Add to that it comes w/ a Dual Shock Sixaxis controller. Also, the 80gb has a card reader and built in Wi-Fi.
    But the newer 80gb's are the same as the old 40gb.

AFA which system, I still lean toward the 360 because it's online is 2nd to none but it isn't free. You get what you pay for.
    HOWEVER,
    Killzone has pretty much taken over my TV and is actually one of the best online games to date between both systems.

Also, there are little things like the XBOX allows you to recharge your peripherals with the unit off but the PS3 doesn't. They sell a "Charger"
    The PS3 doesn't come with a headset (Blutooth).
    XBOX comes with one. (Wired)

They both can be networked to your PC but the XBOX can also connect as a Media Center Extender.

The XBOX allows Voice messaging and in game Chatrooms the ps3 only has chats on the dash. You can talk in games but there are no private chats and no voice messaging. Both have Text.

there are a few other things here and there....