Help for a British fan

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by donkey, Apr 24, 2014.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Go check out John's Pizzeria or Grimaldi's next to the Brooklyn Bridge if you want good pizza. If you like American history at all and amazing views of the NYC skyline then take the scenic NY Waterway ferry across to Weehawken(or short bus ride) and go up to Blvd. East and you can stand on the hill where Hamilton and Burr dueled to the death. Also you'll get some of the most amazing views of the NYC skyline that you'll ever see.

2. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Just visited NYC! In Boston now which is way different. But one place that hasn't been mentioned yet is the natural history museum. The Hayden Planetarium there is pretty cool, especially if you also walk past it at night (it's only open during the day usually :( ). Watching the space show there was a little expensive but a good experience.

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

^The Hayden is always fun. They used to have Laser light shows there at night with Pink Floyd and some other great music. But this is going back to the mid-late 90's, not sure if they still do but worth checking out.

4. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Cool. Cheers chaps, this is just what we're after. Now to be 17-21 in the next few minutes.

5. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

So, leaving tomorrow at stupid o'clock...can't wait...shame the season has died on its arse.

Looking forward to meeting Loge at his tailgate, and seeing the sites again (love NY) before flying home to see me mum on Christmas Day.

And hey, after beating Tennessee we may as well this week as well!

Jets Esq. likes this.
  6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I really feel for you. I think Sunday's game will be a bit better since they won last week and are playing our division rival, but don't be surprised if they get destroyed and you're sitting with just drunk Patriots fans in the 4th Quarter. Games like this build character I guess.

7. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Thanks!

I've only seen us play once, a defeat in Ot to the Bills (2009, I think)...so another defeat seems only fair. None of us picked the Jets for the glory (not anyone since 1970, anyway)...