Heart Break Just Pure Heart Break

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Umphpool, Oct 16, 2014.

1. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Usually I agree with your posts but I disagree with this one. Geno is ok but he really needs some help downfield. They need size and speed on the outside. No QB can throw well to guys who do not get separation. He has a good arm, can make all the throws but needs weapons. The loss tonight had to do with giving up td's on third down plays in the red zone. We have no way of knowing why Davis did not cover the man in his area for one and how the other cb let Ammandola get behind him 3rd. and 19. They are in year 2 of a rebuild. They can't say that out load and Rex doesn't know it but that's the program. Losses like this, painfull as they are, gets them set up for the future and better position to get that big fast wideout. I really don't care who coaches. You win with players.

2. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Really wish the season would end early for teams with no chance...

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

No bullying the children of incest.

Didn't you see the stickied thread?

_

4. JStokes

I'm surprised. They all professed their Jet fandom.

_

5. Wvujetsfan

Wvujetsfan New Member

I root for the jets because I'm a geno fan. When he's gone I won't care anymore. If that angers you then ok. Just sayin if you expect to replace one player on this team and be a winning team your probably going to remain disappointed.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Last I looked CB's can't help you score TD's instead of FG's in the red zone and that's the Jets problem this year more than anything else.

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I initially thought so on the 1st angle but when CBS actually showed the replay it was apparent it was just a horrific throw by Geno

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

That can easily fall on Idzik also.

QB and offensive weapons.

Umphpool likes this.
  9. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

So your not a Jets fan just a Geno fan.

So is that even worse then being a Jets fan?

10. Br4d

Which QB would you be playing right now? If you'd been Jets GM last year?

11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I would have taken a chance on Bridgewater or Gorappolo.

Would have been playing Vick right now also.

Geno is not the answer. That much is obvious

12. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

No, but I think it's pretty evident that this message board isn't blaming everything on Geno. Many have said he played a gutsy game tonight. I certainly was scared to see him go down for that one play, but he is the starting QB on a 1-6 football team. He's not going to get huge support on any franchise in that situation.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

go drink some of that nice tap water yall have and put yourself out of misery.

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I agree with you 1oo%, fans who root for draft picks just don't get it. There is no Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck in this draft, those are once a generation guys (somehow the Dolts seem to suck in the right years) but even the Colts although most people don't talk about it because they are an irrelevant franchise for the most part but in 1990 had the #1 and #2 overall picks and missed badly on both.

15. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

This is true. But, if the Jets have A legit defender or two to bat balls away, points come off the board and we win by a deuce.

16. Wvujetsfan

Wvujetsfan New Member

I don't know. Maybe. I liked watching him play in college and I'm watching him play now in the nfl.

Umphpool likes this.
  17. JStokes

Lol when it's the quarterback of an NFL team, the most important position in the history of organized sports, that's exactly what we expect. Be a Geno fan all you want, don't feel the need to lecture us on the relative merits of Geno Smith vis a vis the success of our team.

_

18. Br4d

Having watched Geno for 23 games now what exactly is it about him that convinces you that he will be a good NFL QB some day?

I see potential there but most of it is unrealized at this point and I don't really see how riding him to 5-11 advances the Jets cause moving forward. I agree that if the Jets build a really good team around him that he'd win more games however I don't see why you'd start with a mediocre QB when trying to build that team.

Potential is a great thing but it has a wicked half-life and Geno's potential is vanishing with every tight game the Jets lose because he's not good enough to get them in the end zone even when they're knocking on the doorstep.

One of the things you learn as you get older is that almost everybody who gets a chance to play in the NFL has good potential. That's why they get the chance in the first place. Most of those players are gone after a few years because potential is not enough to keep you around.

I watched Geno's decision making at the end of the game and for the most part I was pretty impressed with how he operated on that last drive. He was quick with his reads and throws and he made good decisions, which is why the Jets got the FG attempt at the end.

I watched Mark Sanchez do that very same miracle makeover at least a half dozen times during his years with the Jets. Suddenly the error-prone confused QB that we'd been staring at for three and a half quarters would turn into a focused drive producing laser machine at the end.

I just don't care if a guy can do that any more. I want the focused drive producing laser machine all game long. That's what good teams have. That extra pizzazz at the end, and Geno is probably better at that than Sanchez was given the difference in talent available to him, just doesn't matter in the long run.

You need the pizzazz all game long. You need to play every drive like it might be the last drive you'll ever play in the NFL and move the team consistently for TD's in the process. That's what a good QB does.

Geno, BTW, is doing half of that process right now. Every drive he plays might be the last drive he plays in the NFL as a starting QB. It'd be nice if he just let it all hang out the way he does at the end of the games when the Jets will lose if he's not on his stuff. Because they're losing games when he's just feeling things out earlier in the game, just like they were with Sanchez from the midpoint of 2011 on.

I'm not calling for Vick here. If Rex and MM want to play Vick because they think it will make a positive change for the team in general then that's their call. I just don't see enough from Geno at this point to think that's he's ever going to develop into a consistent starting QB. If he had that capability he'd be running an offense with decent receiving options and a great running game to much better effect than he currently is.

#138 Br4d, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  19. JStokes

But folks are already whining in multiple threads about how we got jobbed AGAIN by the refs.

No objectivity here. We got a TON of calls today.

_

20. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Me after the game...[​IMG]

legler82 and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.