Head Coaches DO make a difference

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, May 29, 2023.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Deshaun Watson

I know cro hops are very frowned upon in the grand arm strength debate, but that’s plenty of arm even with the extra step for Trevor Lawrence.

HomeoftheJets and papapump like this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I think you're putting to much emphasis on the "osmosis" thing and not enough on the "teach him fundamental stuff"...

If you read it again I believe he was referring to the little things that Zach can watch & learn on how to be a pro QB.

Frankly I think Zach will benefit... how much will remain to be seen.

"Part of my opportunity here is to be a great mentor to him, and to teach him fundamental stuff, to allow him to be around me and, through osmosis, just pick up some things that can help him in his career. That’s what happened to me, being around Brett [Favre]."

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Doomed.

5. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

Rodgers is much more than just an accurate passer. He makes great pre-snap reads, does a very good job with oline calls and is incredibly good at looking off defensive players to get them out of position to allow him to complete a pass. Zach could learn a lot from him. I think Zach had a lot of trouble with Oline calls in particular. Some of the pressure Zach faced was happening because Zach's was making bad oline calls..

Also, I think Rodgers is much more likely to mentor Zach then he did Love. First, Rodgers was pissed they drafted Love and his GB teams after Love was drafted were not really great teams that could be viewed as serious superbowl contenders, despite Rodgers. Rodgers is absolutely clear that he wants to win championships with the Jets - to do that, he needs to have a competent backup QB who could step in if he's out for a few games and still provide the team with a decent opportunity to win.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Those are all good points. Yes Rodgers has traditionally been great before the snap. I hope Wilson pays attention