He was inactive - The Official Kenrick Ellis Excuses Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

It's not so much the talent displacement but the mental aspect of playing Bart's role. He sacrifices himself on most plays and it's a miracle he's not hurt more often. He's borderline insane.

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Give him a shot, he's huge and athletic (not sure about the athleticism, maybe somebody can confirm) you can't teach that.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He had a bad first quarter with arm tackles, and then was stout for the rest of the game

4. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Your wrong. Dead wrong get your head out of your ass and watch the game. Pass rusher hes not effective and as a run stopper hes as underrated as you get.

5. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

and was an arm tackling machine yesterday

6. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

You fucking assholes are so insensitive.

There's a really good chance that this kid could be going to jail. What happens if Kenrick Ellis gets playing time and becomes the best nose tackle in the NFL, only to go to prison for years and years? What happens then? What happens to Rex?

Sleepless nights. Stress eating. Hundreds of tear-soaked blitz schemes crumpled up in the wastebasket. Rex Ryan, topless, huge man-boob smushed up against the glass of the visitor booth at Riker's: "Oooooooh, Kenny..."

The man doesn't want to get hurt again.

7. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

If you look at how third round defensive linemen actually do, you'd find that they normally don't play as rookies. Ignore the hype and pre-season articles and coaches and GMs who claim the guy is a first round talent.

It really isn't that big a deal for a late third round pick to be inactive early in the years.

8. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Strickland and Trufant injured, likely not to play Monday.

Maybe we will see Ellis activated.

9. 624

624 Banned

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Come on there have been fifty dlinemen that have redshirted their 1st year and have gone on to either play well or star in the NFL.

Most of the solid posters in this thread know this, Abyz I know you do.

The one that comes to mind is the dude on Green Bay, B J Raji. He hardly played at all his first year, Cody too. To be honest I know everyone is win now and want all pro players from the get go but really how many thought with a straight face Ellis was going to be a factor at all five games in. Ellis looked pretty good in preseason. He was running down plays taking on two blockers etc. He is behind some good players.

Ellis is the least of my concerns at the moment.

#50 Miamipuck, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

excuses, man

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

expert excuses, man

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

/homertalk

Can you rank them for me? You can start at Pouha and work your way up to the 'bestest' Nose Tackles in the league that don't get dragged into the endzone by elite runningbacks like BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

/sojf

You're putting way too much fucking weight into these single game performances, man. When this team loses you overreact. It's sad.

After threads like this one and the "Mark Sanchez glassy eyes", I find it very hard to take you seriously anymore.

It's interesting to see that when multiple posters call you for shenanigans, you don't respond. ...maybe you're just reciting and over-simplifying your extremely well-thought, borderline genius SOJF remarks in your head.

#54 Mr Electric, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Fixed your post.

16. abyzmul

First quarter and a half, actually. It took that long for the Pats' O-line to completely render both he and Pouha ineffective by sealing them both inside for for the rest of the day with all of the outside runs that destroyed our run defense.

But go ahead and continue to be E's faithful parrot.

17. abyzmul

Aren't I responding right now? This isn't a chatroom. If I cared so much about multiple posters agreeing with me, I'd be you. Champion of the small mind. But your arguments are shit on the pro level.

I'm not basing my opinion on single game performances. I know that Pouha is an above average NT and he's underrated by the league. But calling him 'one of the best' without backing it up with anything resembling an argument... that's simple. You're the Frank Thomas of the Simple Home Run Derby, and NDMick is Mark McGuire.

Save your homer bullshit for rival fans. We hurt on the DL and we have a monster of a rookie wearing t-shirts and baseball caps on the sideline on Sunday.

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

If we're going to be whiny bullshitters and complain about single plays like The Law Firm fighting for that TD while Pouha's trying to tackle him, then...

What about the play on the Patriots' final drive when Pouha and DeVito were subbed back in and DeVito made a great tackle for loss? If NFL fans only watched selected plays in a game (like yourself), then everyone would think he's great.

Jetfanmack, Puck, and MikeHoncho all disagreed with you also.

Does that mean they can't form their own opinion too?

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

No, you picked out pointless posts that had very little to do with this thread and responded to them.

You've said close to nothing about the responses to your stupid ass original post.

Well, here you go again...

Why in the hell should I have to back up calling Sione Pouha one of the best NTs in the league when everyone on this board should know that already? I didn't say he was the very best nose in the NFL. I said he was one of them. ...shouldn't have to back that up when it's well-known.

SOJF are rival fans.

I'm not homer. ...not even close.

We do not hurt on the defensive line. We have depth on the line for the first time in years.

The run defense is struggling because our defense can't stay off the field for more than a few minutes at a time. This is clock control team that's lost its grasp on said clock.

Let's not turn this into a Schottenheimer argument, because that's not what I'm trying to do. Like The Big Hurt, I am "simply" blaming a lot of the defensive struggles on our offense's inability to give them a rest.

20. abyzmul

That was an excellent play by DeVito. He got the penetration that he couldn't for most of the game. By the way, this post it a great example of why you suck at debating football. Instead of providing any valid argument to support your weak-minded declaration that Pouha is 'one of the best nose tackles in the league' you try to deflect.

Yup, you suck at this.

It's funny how you always include a mod or Admin when you want to try to rally the troops. Embarrassing, but funny.

I'll respond to them when I'm done with you. Won't be long now.